SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-10, 09:57 PM   #31
Silverwolf
Officer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand112 View Post
can you make a video to use NK Missile please
I'll make one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convoy hunter View Post
I cannot see the tower!!!!
Make sure the upcparts files in Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCData\UPCUnitsData are in numerical order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rditto48801 View Post
Silverwolf
I am sorry to say, but this mod may not be as compatible with stock as you thought.
I am using stock (1.5), with just Kraken and the Kraken image (enabled via JSGME), and the conning tower does not show up (the 'top' is there and the missiles are visible), no periscopes, and the AA gun seems to not be usable (cannot aim it, only 'look around' from between the barrels).

I was testing it out in quick missions.

Deck gun works nicely, at least. Is it supposed to fire 2 shots/barrels in rapid succession with a single push of the fire button?

Did you ever figure out the periscope depth/auto-targeting problem?
If not, could there be some variable relating to Periscope Depth or the periscopes themselves (or maybe the conning tower or some variable relating to its height or the height of the periscope 'mount point'?) that is causing auto-targeting to not work right?
For some reason, I can't help but think about one of the (earlier?) subs happening to have a periscope depth of 55ft.
The cannon is supposed to fire that way.

Check the unitparts.upc files and make sure they are in numerical order. Then everything should be fine.

I did look around for a value like that for the periscopes but I couldn't find anything. I tried all the related files but nothing seemed to work. I don't think its a perisope height thing either because you can auto aim with the sub surfaced.

GameFront page: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Silverwolf996
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 01:22 AM   #32
rditto48801
Mate

Downloads: 27

I keep forgetting about changing the number of the one file.
My bad.
(and soon to be bad for enemy shipping... maybe... darn slow moving enemy ships)

I have run into a few problems that I can't figure out.
I don't know if I messed up something, if it is due to using it with stock, or for some other reason.

First, the dials/gauges are all black, they have no numbers/markings (I have similar problems with other mods on occasion, not sure what causes it)

Second, no textures on the torpedoes, they look monotone (sort of a dark gray I guess.)

Third, AA gun never seems to do anything unless aimed manually. Even if manned and set to fire at will, it does nothing on its own. I got sunk in a test run because of aircraft, since the AA gun won't fire on its own and is a pain to aim with no target reticule.

Fourth, no doors cover the deck gun/AA gun when they retract.

Questions
Is it possible to raise the radar mast in stock?

Is it intended for the AA gun to have no target reticule?
I noticed in the mod, and in the video, there is no target reticule for the AA gun.

I have noticed even if their is no auto-target arrow normally, I can still sometimes lock onto a target, although the lock only lasts a few seconds. Other times, it won't lock at all, one time being with a heavy cruiser only about 3k yards away.

Are there any values relating to the conning tower or the sub hull itself that might have something to do with the auto-lock not working when the sub is submerged or otherwise has the conning tower below water?
Some variable telling the game the sub is 'below' the depth at which the periscope might normally be able to be above the water?
Is their some offset value or some such thing that might have a wrong number or typo or some such thing?

What about the sight range of the periscopes? Could there be some factor that is causing them to not 'see' far enough at times and cause them to not be able to lock onto a target obviously visible to the player? I have noticed at times even when I can clearly see the enemy ships (even a heavy cruiser at only 2-3k yards), when it won't lock, the map still shows only lines from sonar contacts.

Run Silent, Run Deep, Run them Ragged, Let The Prey Not Sleep.
rditto48801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 12:10 PM   #33
Silverwolf
Officer

I did notice that the gauges were black and I fixed that. I don't know how it happened but I guess the textures weren't syncing up correctly so I deleted the nodes and re-added them.

The radar mast cannot be raised in the stock game sadly. There was never a key assigned to it.

The doors on the deck guns will not appear if you start a mission submerged. This is one of the draw backs of the animations. It's because they are sub nodes of the main bow plane node and they will only animate when the planes do. They start at their 0 position at the start of every mission.

The reticule on the AA gun was never there in the first place. The AA guns have a sight attached to them so the reticule wasn't needed. So that's why there isn't one. It is intentional because pretty much the camera is centered where the reticule should be and if you follow the barrels on the gun they close on a center point.

The AA gun not doing anything is a result of it being placed in the M02 slot as a deck gun. Even though there is a crew for it, it won't do anything because it's reading it in as a main cannon and not an AA gun like it is defined in the gun file. The reason I did that is so it would sound like an AA gun and not a deck gun. I don't know how to edit the sounds that are played when guns fire so if I had made it a deck gun, you would hear a rapid firing deck gun noise which would be really out of place.

I have checked every nook and cranny looking for something dealing with the lock on and the periscopes. There's nothing I can do to fix it, that's one of the reasons it took me so long to get this sub done.

-------------------------------------
Update posted on the first page that fixes some texture problems with the guages and torpedo. It replaces the Kraken_Image update so you don't need that one anymore.

Old 05-15-10, 01:05 PM   #34
Dr.Silversides
Watch

Downloads: 15

Is there any progress on the campaign with the Kraken??
Thanks
"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out, yet I keep them because...In spite of everything, I still believe that people are truly good at heart"-Anne Frank
Dr.Silversides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 01:36 PM   #35
Dr.Silversides
Watch

Also, I'm having some issues getting the missile to fire--I'm running the Kraken TMO but with stock 1.5 (clean slate as of now) However I have the No Deck Gun version, and I can't figure out a way to it get to "Fire at Will", do you need to have the DG to fire the missile??
"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out, yet I keep them because...In spite of everything, I still believe that people are truly good at heart"-Anne Frank
Old 05-16-10, 04:09 PM   #36
Dr.Silversides
Watch

Wait, sorry about that last post, I get now that on this boat No Deck Gun=No Missile go boom, oops
Old 05-17-10, 11:27 AM   #37
Silverwolf
Officer

Yeah that's one of the downsides, because the nuke is under a secondary cannon it can't be used without the deck gun.

As for the campaign mode, it's probably not going to happen. I've been having problems with the torpedoes not appearing or they are there but you have no reserves. I probably shouldn't have messed with the tubes on this guy.

Old 05-20-10, 07:42 AM   #38
Tobias99
Seaman

Downloads: 52

Silverwolf, thats a really fantastic!!!! work!
I dont believe my eyes if is saw the missile

Two questions:

I it not an better Idea instead a Nukemissile give the boat a modern Antishipmissile?
For big Ships like Battleship or Carrier..
And my second question, (english is not my native language) is it able to mod that you can launch the missile without "seeing" deckguns (perhaps you can make the animation invisible..)
I like the Movie "K19" and was complete disturb as i see your K19 with launching missile..
Tobias99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-10, 06:25 PM   #39
Dr.Silversides
Watch

Ok, So am I screwing something else up?? I have tried firing at different ranges (the missile) but its not blowing up/arming. It only splashes down into the water. It worked once--the first time I used it, and after that, nothing. Rather anti-climactic lol Is there anything you would suggest?? It flies normally and it reaches the target, but instead of the warhead exploding, it just crashes. (I have reloaded the boat via JSGME, etc) but there is no real effect. Any help?? Thanks
Old 05-23-10, 06:21 PM   #40
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias99 View Post
Silverwolf, thats a really fantastic!!!! work!
I dont believe my eyes if is saw the missile

Two questions:

I it not an better Idea instead a Nukemissile give the boat a modern Antishipmissile?
For big Ships like Battleship or Carrier..
And my second question, (english is not my native language) is it able to mod that you can launch the missile without "seeing" deckguns (perhaps you can make the animation invisible..)
I like the Movie "K19" and was complete disturb as i see your K19 with launching missile..
Anti-ship missiles aren't really needed since it is a sub and has torpedoes.

I am working on a way to make the nuke fire for the version without the deck guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Silversides View Post
Ok, So am I screwing something else up?? I have tried firing at different ranges (the missile) but its not blowing up/arming. It only splashes down into the water. It worked once--the first time I used it, and after that, nothing. Rather anti-climactic lol Is there anything you would suggest?? It flies normally and it reaches the target, but instead of the warhead exploding, it just crashes. (I have reloaded the boat via JSGME, etc) but there is no real effect. Any help?? Thanks
This is in the read me:
You need to be at minimum 7NM (Nautical Miles) away from the target(s) you wish to blow up. How far the crew sees has been modified for that purpose and it will affect all subs that you have installed, this includes stock and used.

If you are closer than that your sub will be destroyed from the blast.

Also I found aiming for the bridge gives you a better chance at the nuke exploding.

Old 05-28-10, 03:07 AM   #41
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Silversides View Post
Also, I'm having some issues getting the missile to fire--I'm running the Kraken TMO but with stock 1.5 (clean slate as of now) However I have the No Deck Gun version, and I can't figure out a way to it get to "Fire at Will", do you need to have the DG to fire the missile??
How are you playing the campaign with the Kraken, when i choose in the campaign menu there's no Kraken available or is it named as one of the ww2 subs I have TMO enabled.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 02:24 PM   #42
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
How are you playing the campaign with the Kraken, when i choose in the campaign menu there's no Kraken available or is it named as one of the ww2 subs I have TMO enabled.
No campaign mode yet, I'm still working out some fixes for the sub torpedo wise and working on getting the nuke to fire without deck guns.

Old 06-01-10, 10:32 AM   #43
jack118711
Nub

Downloads: 22

I can't get it to move, it just says unable to comply when I click on the telegraph. Also can't fire torpedoes, no periscope.
jack118711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 11:15 AM   #44
jack118711
Nub

Downloads: 22

heh never mind, I just needed to overwrite some stuff
jack118711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 11:07 PM   #45
teer117
Nub

Downloads: 0

ok man can someone tell me how to install mods and patches and what kind on files to make and that sort of stuff cuz i hav trouble with it and why when i submerge the engine stops working can u tell me y?
teer117 is offline   Reply With Quote