SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-12, 08:40 PM   #3271
Jonny
Admiral

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Ok got a issue! I dont no if its me or something im doing wrong! I am on 94% realism and have my weapon officer identify and get my solution! i no more torpedos are on target as i watch them on my TDC. I am not sure if its becuase the sea is a little stormy and i got a lot of waves or what?

So heres my issue, i have tested this a few times, i shot two fish at a large merchant they went underneath him and i couldnt be bothered to continue the attack so broke contact. Ran into a second large merchant and the same happened two fish underneath and out the other side!

So i gave it a test! i set all 4 tubes to 1M and on magnetic and Fast speed! 600M submerged shot, easy right. well as i saw them all line up perfectly for the engine rooms with only 100 or so meters left i thought i got him! but no the first 3 go under and the 4th explodes premature! is there something im doing wrong i mean the fish are set a 1M and shot off with about a second puase inbetween each shot to make sure i hit the ship no matter how much it is bobbing!

Anyhelp thanks!

Jonny

Wolfpack Commander Steam Group
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 02:02 PM   #3272
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Sorry for the late reply. No time at all ATM. There have been some mod requests in the past. Some of them found their way into my todo-list for the (uncertain) future.

@sharkbit: I think 10 hours of gametime are not unrealistic for a wolfpack to assemble. Try the "Wolfpk less contact report" Option if you prefer not to wait such a long time.

@Luno: Did you change the hsie.ini? Please find out whether the patched CameraBehavior.act found its way into your SH3 installation. In principle it's compatible to SH3-Cmdr with malfunctions, provided your RandomizedEvents.cfg is okay.

@Wolfstriked
: Still problems with your install?

@Jonny: Please read the manual about the Torpedo Failure Fix.

@Victor_Schutze: Cite: "Aaaahhhh the joys of modding... appending... modifying... altering... a true dream come true...".......I admit that the installation process is not easy. But you can optimise it. Feel free to program a little tool that automates the install. Are you interested?

Last edited by h.sie; 03-27-12 at 03:45 PM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 02:53 PM   #3273
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Hsie,did you mean to change _Append_to_de_menu.txt to just de_menu.txt.The mod is working but the messages seem missing.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 03:01 PM   #3274
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Hsie,did you mean to change _Append_to_de_menu.txt to just de_menu.txt.The mod is working but the messages seem missing.
From memory you need to add the entries in Append_to_de_menu.txt to de_menu.txt

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 03:37 PM   #3275
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@Wolfstriked: BBW is right. If you play in english, you need to place all messages contained in _Append_to_en_menu.txt after the last line of en_menu.txt.

If you play in german language, use _Append_to_de_menu.txt resp. de_menu.txt instead.

If you do that work described above in the Supplement-Mod instead of your Sh3-Installation, you don't risk to corrupt your installation, because you can easily disable the Supplement-Mod if something went wrong.

Good luck.

If you don't get it to run until weekend, I could help you.
Old 03-27-12, 04:30 PM   #3276
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

It worked thanks guys.I think better instructions would read...

put the _Append_to_en_menu.txt into the empty DATA/MENU/folder of the mod.

Then copy the original en_menu.txt contents into the _Append_to_en_menu.txt.

When thats doneyou now must change the mods _Append_to_en_menu.txt to en_menu.txt

Should we change the MaxStrings=5000 to higher number?

Or just use NYGM mod as I will most likely do soon.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 03-27-12 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-27-12, 08:11 PM   #3277
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334

I love the torpedo failure mode.

After some testing, I finally started a new career out of St Nazaire in 9/40 with the patch enabled. Set up a perfect shot north of Scotland using impact pistols on a medium freighter. Weather was stormy with 13 m/s winds. Sure enough, both eels go under the target(I use external camera for eye candy purposes).

I love the fact that there is no more mindless setting of the torpedo depth. Now there are other factors to consider in making a torpedo attack.

Later I ran across a coastal tanker. Once I id'd the target, I decided to pass on the shot due to the high seas. It was not worth a eel and I couldn't gun it under due to the high seas.

Any mod that makes you think and act like a real submarine commander is a huge plus.

Keep up the good work h.sie. I'm looking forward to experiencing other aspects of your patch.

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 08:13 PM   #3278
sharkbit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbit View Post
h.sie:

I know you're taking a well deserved break and probably have a "wanna do" list a mile long but......

It has always seemed unrealistic to me for ships to perform the hard helm overs that they do when attacked-the constant zig-zagging. The ships just seem a tad too maneuverable.

Is that a hard code thing and if so, is it possible to make ships evade a little less drastically?

I'm probably just a grumpy old Kaleun whining , but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Any thoughts on this h.sie?

“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
Old 03-27-12, 08:25 PM   #3279
Jonny
Admiral

Downloads: 74

I must admit i was wrong! the torpedo failure mod was causing my problem. Now i dont attack in stormy sees and i just did partrol 2 and came back with 28000 T so im well happy! great mod realism is arwsome, playing 100% realism and its so rewarding!

Jonny

Wolfpack Commander Steam Group
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 12:26 PM   #3280
Victor Schutze
Chief

Downloads: 466
@Victor_Schutze: Cite: "Aaaahhhh the joys of modding... appending... modifying... altering... a true dream come true...".......I admit that the installation process is not easy. But you can optimise it. Feel free to program a little tool that automates the install. Are you interested?[/QUOTE]

Of course I am interested hsie!

how do you program this tool to automate the install?
Victor Schutze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 12:55 PM   #3281
kranklys74
Seaman

Downloads: 145

mediafire.com not working. Please upload files --> inofficial Patch v1.6 for Silent Hunter 3 to gamefront. Very thanks.
kranklys74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 01:53 PM   #3282
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

mediafire.com is working well....
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 02:05 PM   #3283
sharkbit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Schutze View Post

how do you program this tool to automate the install?
Don't want to speak for h.sie, but I think he said that with toungue in cheek......

I think he wants you to do the programming.

Old 03-28-12, 02:24 PM   #3284
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Most people use GWX/NGYM or stock.Very easy to "append" those three and just enable the folder.
Old 03-28-12, 09:58 PM   #3285
Victor Schutze
Chief

Downloads: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbit View Post
Don't want to speak for h.sie, but I think he said that with toungue in cheek......

I think he wants you to do the programming.

Me virtual Kaleun, not programmer.
Victor Schutze is offline   Reply With Quote