SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-17, 08:44 PM   #1
Patchman123
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 226
Uploads: 2
Default Ideas for Silent Hunter IV, Shipwrecks, Plane Wrecks, littered with wrecks.

The Japanese were losing their vital ships to American submarines and aircraft during the war. The submarines were inflicting terrible losses on Japan's cargo vessels and sea lanes. The Japanese suffered horrendous losses of cargo and ships sunk to Allied submarines and their shipping lanes which carried vital cargoes to Japan, were disrupted by these attacks.

The game Silent Hunter IV replicates these attacks on Japanese ships. The thing that I don't like about Silent Hunter 4, is that you are the only submarine in the entire war sinking enemy ships and there are no other Allied submarines sinking Japanese ships. You are the only one in the whole vast Pacific Ocean. There is no way to coordinate with other submarines and attack enemy vessels. The aircraft attacks in SH4 are ineffectual and inflict no damage on Japanese ships. The planes are easily shot down and destroyed by super-accurate AA fire.

They only show a minimum amount of airplanes attacking the ships. They do not show the hundreds of planes used in such raids against the Yamato for example or the Musashi.

The Japanese ships are deadly accurate when you fight them on the surface, which is why you have to take them on under water with your torpedoes. Your primary weapon is the torpedo and if you are playing the game in the early years of the war, then most of the torpedoes will be duds that will fail to explode when they hit the ships.

Why can't you coordinate with Royal Navy submarines to sink Japanese ships? It would be nice if there were more Allied submarines out there sinking Japanese warships. Why can't there be Dutch submarines? In the war, there were Dutch and British submarines operating against the Japanese during the war. Why aren't they depicted?

I am critical of Silent Hunter IV. At least in multiplayer you can sink other ships with other submarines. Why can't single player allow you to do a lot more?

That's what bothers me about Silent Hunter IV.

I think that Subsim.com could do a better job in my opinion with this. There needs to be more submarines and more sinkings of Japanese ships and Japanese ships lying at the bottom of the sea wherever they were sunk by Allied submarines or aircraft. I do not like how the sea is all nice and neat with no shipwrecks. That bothers me. Why can't there be shipwrecks all across the Pacific, instead of just as Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor looks like it had been freshly attacked IN 1943!

I think that instead of separate Dutch and British campaigns, why not merge them together in one collective mod for Silent Hunter IV? All the Allies, including the Australians, will participate in them.

The Atlantic Ocean is also suspiciously bare of shipwrecks and airplane wrecks. The Pacific Ocean has no planes that have ditched in the sea and have sunk to the bottom of the Pacific. I remember that whole thing as well.

Could we have all the mods merged? Thank you.

I was thinking about having shipwrecks for sunken Allied and Japanese ships all across the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean.

Could that ever happen? Why is the ocean bottom rather neat? In your next patrol, why aren't the same ships that you sank on a previous patrol no longer visible on the bottom of the ocean?

It's like they were never sunk in the first place. It's really weird that you do not see Allied planes attacking Japanese patrol planes that attack your submarine. There are no other Allied planes in the game.

I just pray that one day that the game developers will come up with a PC game with a PC with greater computing and graphics power that will have hundreds of thousands of airplanes, millions of soldiers, millions of weapons, hundreds of thousands of artillery pieces, mortars, grenades, bazookas, and a more immersive World War II experience. I am looking for a game that simulates the real war.

I am looking for a game that will be like America's Army, where if you die, you can't come back to fight again and again.

I am looking for a multiplayer game that can host millions of people on a single server. However, given how the internet works, that just isn't possible.

You could have millions of AI bots fighting the war for you. You just aren't seeing millions of troops attacking millions of enemy troops. The computing power has not advanced enough for this to be possible.

When will it be possible?

Patchman123.
Patchman123 is offline   Reply With Quote