SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-12, 11:05 AM   #1621
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Best. Mod. EVER.
Damn right!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 12:49 PM   #1622
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

I haz a puppy! Got a mod that lets me adopt Meeko and then tell him that his home is now any player home that I own. Managed to make it all the way back to Windhelm and introduced him to his new digs... he seems pretty happy there:

Also... it seems like the Civil War is not the only issue on which the Battle-Borns and Gray-Manes disagree. They also can't decide which family produced the dumbest offspring.

Idolaf thinks I may be a Stormcloak sympathizer. Looks like he saw right through my clever disguise. Meanwhile...

Well, Thorald, you know Avulstein. He's behind a lot of things. Some of them even as we speak.

Also got screenshots of the Greybeards' dialogue when they name you Dovahkiin. It's pretty cool.

Naal Thu'umu, mu ofan nii nu, Dovahkiin, naal suleyk do Kaan, naal suleyk do Shor, ahrk naal suleyk do Atmorasewuth. Lingrah krosis saraan Strundu'ul, voth nid balaan klov praan nau. Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok.

By our Thu'um, we give it now, Dragonborn, by power of Kyne, by power of Shor, and by power of Atmora-of-old. (In) long sorrow waits (the) Stormcrown, with no worthy (to) head rest on. Become now Ysmir (Now comes Ysmir?), Dragon-of-(the)-north. He remembers this.

Can't decide if the "he" in the last sentence refers to the Stormcrown, and now you're becoming Ysmir and so it "remembers" you. Or if it refers to Ysmir himself, who remembers that it's been a long and sorrowful wait for a successor and so he's sent an avator or incarnation of himself to wear it again.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 07:04 PM   #1623
SgtPotato
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96

SgtPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 07:35 PM   #1624
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I have come to use some mods now. First, one to improve the darkness of nights, which thankfully also tames the hyperbrightness of fires a bit, giving fires at night a much more golden, warm look. Then two soundmods (sounds of skyrim), a levelling mod to slow the pace of levelling and making monsters level up higher as well, and finally several homes.

And of these, two I liked so much that they really touched my heart. So far, my favourite hiome was the default house in Riften, it was the most "gemütlich" of the five default homes. There are many homes created by modders, some incredibly huge and complex castles (Castle Grey... wowh...), then one that I liked due to its hidden place (Dragon Falls), but it causes the game to have many graphical artefacts and clipping issues all over the world suddenly, so I switched it off again, and it was a bit too cold in colours anyway, though the diea with those many fountain walls was nice. A wonderfully done rangers' keep at Riverwood, which looks extremely inviting and makes a nice, small holiday domicile.

Then I ran into Roriksberg, which has a nice feeling of a safe but besieged wagon fort and looks very cozy and warm at night, plenty of fires there. I thought it could not get any more "gemütlich" than this, but -

Then I discovered Mist Top. And that one knocked me out of my shoes. It is not monumental, but also not small, it is absolutely original in design, has some very nice visual ideas, and it simply is - well, I felt gifted, as if it were real. Very, very cozy, a feeling of very safety, very gemütlich, some unusual ideas in architecture (the library...), and when I arrived there, it was night, and the beauty of the place just stunned me. This is probably the most beautiful place I know in Skyrim, fascinating, I felt like a little kid back in my childhood days building a porate nest in some hidden corner of the nearby woods without getting seen by the adults. Some of the monumental XXXL-homes in Skyrim are really impressive in complexity and size, but you fell islated and lopnely in them, so making me feeling at home, touching my heart and making me yearning to be there in real, only Mist Top and Roriksberg, also that Rangers Keep at Riverwood acchieved.

Maybe home mods are not your thing, but do yourself a favour and at least try Mist Top. If that place would be available to me in real life, I would immediately move there and happily spend the rest of my life writing poetry there.

I also did not note ANY artifacts there, no clipping errors, no visual glitches, nothing. Perfect place! It now becomes my residence in my new restart of the game.
Old 04-29-12, 08:22 PM   #1625
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post

Oh that is just WRONG.

Is whoever made that using some open cities mod? I didn't watch it long but I noticed in the intro aerial shots down into the cities. It looks beautiful but sadly I don't think my system could handle it.
Old 04-29-12, 08:49 PM   #1626
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

Oh god, the Bronies have invaded Skyrim!
Old 04-30-12, 07:23 AM   #1627
Skybird
Soaring

I wonder whether Skyrim has any known issues with memory management?

I noticed it from beginning on - when playing a longer session, it can happen that frames suddenly drop into a range where gameplay visibly suffers, and movement is jerky. This happens AFTER LONGER GAMEPLAY in one session, and becomes evident when leaving a house and being in the outside again, or when being in an area with plenty of Aspen trees.

When saving, leaving, restartzing and loading the game - frames are fine again.

I installed the lush grass and lush trees mod yesterday, and had the issue again when travelling the wooded area NE of Ivarstad, along the road that leads to Riften. I tought it was the mod, adding mush grass and more needles to the trees. I reloaded the game froim a saved point - and things were absolutely smooth again.

W7x64, 8 GB RAM, GTX460SE+1GB over here.
Old 04-30-12, 08:33 AM   #1628
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Oh god, the Bronies have invaded Skyrim!

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 11:22 AM   #1629
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Hes in hiding after seeing that id wager.
Old 04-30-12, 12:39 PM   #1630
Skybird
Soaring

It seems I am not the only one thinking this mod I mentioned, MistTop, is underrated. Somebody made a video about it. Let me tell you two things: it even does not show everything, and it even does not show you the beauty of the outdoor surrounding at night.

It is not size that counts here, it is nothing monumental, in fact it is quite intimate a place. But the attention to detail, to human scale - that is what counts here. I mean you see this thing - and want to live there.

I arrived there at night gametime. It was one of the biggest "Aha!"-experiences I ever had in PC gaming. And I count over 20 years of PC gaming.
Old 04-30-12, 04:03 PM   #1631
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
Pure win.

Even my gf, who has never played Skyrim and only complained when I spend too much time on it, appreciated this one.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 04:08 PM   #1632
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
That's what those pesky Thalmor Justiciars keep asking me, right before I kill them and sell all their gear to the nearest merchant.
Old 04-30-12, 04:17 PM   #1633
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It seems I am not the only one thinking this mod I mentioned, MistTop, is underrated. Somebody made a video about it. Let me tell you two things: it even does not show everything, and it even does not show you the beauty of the outdoor surrounding at night.

It is not size that counts here, it is nothing monumental, in fact it is quite intimate a place. But the attention to detail, to human scale - that is what counts here. I mean you see this thing - and want to live there.

I arrived there at night gametime. It was one of the biggest "Aha!"-experiences I ever had in PC gaming. And I count over 20 years of PC gaming.
Well I just downloaded it, I agree it looks awesome. Don't know when I'll add it to the game but I do want to try it out.
Old 05-01-12, 11:45 AM   #1634
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

Woo hoo!

http://twitter.com/#!/ElderScrolls/s...60710528851971

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 01:48 PM   #1635
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

For mookie..

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/01/dawnguard/