SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-17, 04:25 PM   #1456
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
while they look great, it's probably not worth starting again with all my painting and database tweaks
To contrary....
DW is such a really great, deep and in a way "special" computer simulation, that making any contribution and effort in order to improve its graphics, interface or any of its visual quality IMHO should be (and is) always greatly appreciated.
Sure that all that maybe just small blip in comparison with magnitude of changes and vast improvements brought to us by RA Team, but everything counts when talking how to preserve popularity of the true gem of naval simulation.

I also want to mentioned here FPSchazly's and others gameplay videos and tutorials , which is always met by great interest and true appreciation.Those all are the important steps, which make the already great simulation even greater and spread its popularity among newcomers and new fans of this genre.

I only wish that Sonalyst looked at this effort and recent revival with approval and perhaps even second it by releasing some of the informations about the game files and maybe even editing tools to make it happen even more.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 09:03 PM   #1457
KilooliK
Watch

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Be sure to check out the Lada if you want a towed

If you want to report bugs, you should submit them directly to the RA forums at redrodgers.com

The Lada doesnt seem to be able to launch a SSM above the surface of the water. Ive launched them at 25m, 35m, and 55m, and none of them take flight. They all go "gray" and sink to the bottom. Fired at 4knots. Even tried snapshots. When they do manage to break the surface and miss, it wont let me assign the target to another SSM tube. I have to do a snapshot with waypoints.

The difficulty increase with the RA mod takes some of the fun out of DW. Using my Kilo, it took me 6 Klub ASM and 6 Test 71 torpedoes before I could manage 1 hit on a french destroyer, on medium difficulty. Even guiding the torpedoes manually. If the torp is in line and looking good, about to make a hit, the contact will suddenly disappear and reappear 500 yards in another direction. The torpedoes also become stupid once they close to within 500 yards and turn every which way, except in the direction of the target. And missiles ALWAYS get shot out of the air. Always. Especially on hard. Kinda worthless. You have a better chance at ramming a boat then you do at shooting it with any weaponry. Boats also seem to be able to outrun and outmaneuver my torpedoes. I switched to the Akula lll in hopes the Sizzler ASM, with its supersonic warhead, would be able punch through a ships defenses without getting shot out of the air. Only 1 out of 7 made it through. And all were in supersonic stage. Damn those boats are tough..

And they seem to always know your location and heading, even if they arent shooting at you. Almost impossible to get behind a boat, in an effort to use wake homing torpedoes for a higher hit percentage. The boat always keeps its nose in my direction and bounces around the map. With its nose pointed at me. Really?

Dont get me wrong, this mod is great. Lots of platforms and new weapons. I just dont think it should take 6 torps in order to luck out and get 1 hit. And missiles should have a much higher hit %. If they were this easy to shoot out of the air, every single nation would discontinue their usage because it would be a colossal waste of money to shoot them. Kinda a buzzkill.

Last edited by KilooliK; 01-17-17 at 10:03 PM.
KilooliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 08:34 AM   #1458
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Amazing update. It looks like I'm on my way to finish my own old scenario, Gibraltar transit Hard version. Victor II is an amazing SSN!! The thing is the propeller seems to cavitate at all speeds above 40 meters of depth...even at 0 knots...Is this a bug? Seems the sub has a propeller designed to maximize speed since it has so many blades....

Last edited by Castout; 01-18-17 at 08:42 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 10:49 AM   #1459
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
To contrary....
DW is such a really great, deep and in a way "special" computer simulation, that making any contribution and effort in order to improve its graphics, interface or any of its visual quality IMHO should be (and is) always greatly appreciated.
Sure that all that maybe just small blip in comparison with magnitude of changes and vast improvements brought to us by RA Team, but everything counts when talking how to preserve popularity of the true gem of naval simulation.

I also want to mentioned here FPSchazly's and others gameplay videos and tutorials , which is always met by great interest and true appreciation.Those all are the important steps, which make the already great simulation even greater and spread its popularity among newcomers and new fans of this genre.

I only wish that Sonalyst looked at this effort and recent revival with approval and perhaps even second it by releasing some of the informations about the game files and maybe even editing tools to make it happen even more.
Fantastic post, I agree completely.

Also, Stewy1's seawolf looks great, it makes a true difference to the vanilla boat I think!
Old 01-20-17, 09:37 AM   #1460
KilooliK
Watch

Ive been playing with the MH-60 Seahawk the past couple days. Its weapons are amazingly accurate. Hellfire's are almost a sure hit against boats and other aircraft. Love how in RA you can target surface/air targets with Hellfires. As it should be. Though they are light on the damage side. MK-54 is also deadly against boats. Havent tried it out against subs yet.
Old 01-20-17, 11:12 AM   #1461
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hunting subs with the Mh60 can be a little tiring as many subs survive one or even two torpedoes in RA. This is arguably authentic though, especially some Russian subs are very sturdy, the typhoon for example.

Remember that you can return to base to rearm with aircraft in DW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilooliK View Post
Ive been playing with the MH-60 Seahawk the past couple days. Its weapons are amazingly accurate. Hellfire's are almost a sure hit against boats and other aircraft. Love how in RA you can target surface/air targets with Hellfires. As it should be. Though they are light on the damage side. MK-54 is also deadly against boats. Havent tried it out against subs yet.
Old 01-20-17, 04:45 PM   #1462
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Fantastic post, I agree completely.
Thank you for the kind words

I agree it would be very nice if Sonalysts would release the source code, however, even doing something as small as gathering that together would require some lost money on their time (if they got no compensation)... which is assuming the source files even exist anymore.

Save

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 06:38 PM   #1463
Dimitrof
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Missions for RA

Hi guys,

I love the RA mod for DW but i think there are not much missions to play.

What i think will be really interesting is a bunch of "realistic" missions. I mean that kind of mission starting from "cold war" (Victor I era) up to today (Borey era).

In those kind of missions the point will be to stay undetected and collect info and no to sink a fleet.

The torpedo firing can be during exercises with friendly naval forces firing blank torpedoes and missiles

What do you think?
Old 01-20-17, 08:09 PM   #1464
KilooliK
Watch

Quote:
Hunting subs with the Mh60 can be a little tiring as many subs survive one or even two torpedoes in RA. This is arguably authentic though, especially some Russian subs are very sturdy, the typhoon for example.

Remember that you can return to base to rearm with aircraft in DW.

I also like the 50 cal's mounted on both sides of the Seahawk. Not that it really does much in the effort to sink a ship, but its a nice touch. The Seahawk is super vulnerable though. Easily shot down if youre not really careful when employing your attack plan

And my Kilo always dies when hit by a Seahawk torpedo lol
Old 01-21-17, 05:21 AM   #1465
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrof View Post
Hi guys,

I love the RA mod for DW but i think there are not much missions to play.

What i think will be really interesting is a bunch of "realistic" missions. I mean that kind of mission starting from "cold war" (Victor I era) up to today (Borey era).

In those kind of missions the point will be to stay undetected and collect info and no to sink a fleet.

The torpedo firing can be during exercises with friendly naval forces firing blank torpedoes and missiles

What do you think?
While I like cold war Era missions myself, dw doesn't provide much possibilities for good missions without the use of weapons. They are in fact the most tricky missions to create.
Old 01-21-17, 09:27 AM   #1466
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
While I like cold war Era missions myself, dw doesn't provide much possibilities for good missions without the use of weapons. They are in fact the most tricky missions to create.
My thoughts exactly. Those types of missions were very tense in real life, reading about them is very exciting, but as Nippelspanner said, DW isn't really built to make that style of mission particularly exciting, unfortunately. That's not to say it couldn't be done, but yeah, I would say it would definitely take a lot more work than a normal-type mission.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 12:27 PM   #1467
Dimitrof
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Crazy Ivan made some of those kind of missions for Sub Command (the Delta IV missions). I played those again and again but i need something new... Definitely i can't make something like that by myself. I say it just for those who can
Old 01-21-17, 01:09 PM   #1468
MR. Wood
Planesman

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 5

Hey guys I will get off my ass at some point been super busy in real life with getting deadly sick, I will make this promise to all of you I will start making Missions once again expect a few in about a month currently working on a few other things. They will be cold war missions with some older boats just wish we had a few more playable older ones from around the world would create a lot of veracity. Which is something I am also working on
MR. Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-17, 05:59 PM   #1469
Dimitrof
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

MR. Wood
Old 01-22-17, 05:38 PM   #1470
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

Im having problems with the uuv. It just keeps going at 15knots no matter what I do, and I cant enable it.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a 1.41 problem?
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert