SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-17, 05:21 PM   #106
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
If your opinion was a majority opinion, the game would have tanked and Killerfish Games would have been out of business. But it didn't and we're not.

The problem with you hardcore simmer guys is that the type of sim you want really can only be made by a AAA team operating on a AAA budget and that's just not going to happen. Noone is going to want to invest in a hugely expensive project with zero chance of reaching break-even.

So the uber-ambitious dream-sim loses out even before it makes the elevator pitch.
First of all, I supported your game despite knowing early on it will not be "my dream sim". I was happy that there at least will be a new simulation at all and spread the word among friends, hoping to support you as good as possible.
Never blamed you guys for creating the game the way you did, having no stations, etc. - but I wanted to share my honest opinion, as a fan of naval simulations, anyways. It's called feedback and constructive criticism.
Didn't even say the game is bad, ever.
I just explained that it isn't what I would expect under the tag of "simulation", adding that at least two major components are missing (from my perspective) and defended myself against your fanboys, unable to accept that not everybody loves this game.

And I beg to differ: Quite a lot of players said here and on Steam that they really want the new control scheme and crew voices, so I wouldn't be so sure about the irrelevant minority. Also, your game and your team didn't tank because people like me supported it anyways. You're welcome.

Many things you already fixed in CW where exact complaints I voiced here and on Steam, so I wonder if problematic customers like me are really that counter-productive for you/your game in the end, and their opinion is that irrelevant.

But if customers like me really are a problem to you - no worries, that can be fixed for sure!

Old 06-25-17, 05:37 PM   #107
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
But if customers like me really are a problem to you - no worries, that can be fixed for sure!
Does it ever occur to you that when you resort to making vague threats like this, is when you start being counterproductive. Not just for us, but for everyone who is interested in the genre?

If you really want someone to step up and make Fast Attack 2.0 you want to show that this genre is a viable market to make money in. And the best way to do that is probably not to troll the forums of the only new sim released since 2010, scaring potential customers away - because that's exactly what you do when you bash the game for being arcade, and you know that as well as I do so let's be honest here.

So bottom line, if you want to see more subsims, you'd want as many people as possible to buy our game, and act accordingly. Who knows, we might even end up making it ourselves.
Closed Thread