SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-12, 06:04 PM   #1666
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

STALKING ULFRIC STORMCLOAK
Part 3

As soon as we entered the Palace, I sensed that something was... not quite right.

Um... guys? We just came from there. Had a big battle? Ulfric, you remember the battle, right? We took the city. Routed the Legion, killed Tullius. You gave an awesome speech and totally checked me out right in front of Galmar and everybody. I'm not saying a navy isn't a good idea, but...

What is this I don't even... okay, seriously guys, did somebody just open an Elder Scroll I didn't even know we had? Because this is NOT FUNNY.

Well, maybe everybody just needs a good night's sleep...

frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 06:23 PM   #1667
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Part 4

But wait! There's a question I completely forgot to ask. Must've taken one too many hits to the head from one of those giants' clubs. There's no time to lose!

Aaaaand... scene.

Well, almost. Trufact: Ulfric is a really sound sleeper.

I must've jumped up and down on the bed like that for at least five minutes and he never even blinked.
Old 05-05-12, 06:27 PM   #1668
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Epilogue: The Morning After

Yeah, that's right. You just keep on talking to Jorleif about sending messages to your field officers and unrest in the Gray Quarter, like nothing happened at all. But we still totally did it.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 05-05-12 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-06-12, 03:53 AM   #1669
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

frau kaleun all I can say is...Bloody marvellous and very well done
Old 05-06-12, 07:26 AM   #1670
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 10:29 AM   #1671
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Glad you enjoyed it!

Now I'm just dying to see if the "Marry Ulfric" mod works as advertised. Says you can have him for a follower afterwards as well.

Not planning on making the future High King of Skyrim tag along on all my adventures, since that would be ridiculous from a role-playing perspective, but I think for special occasions... cuz I know there will still be Thalmor hanging out at the Embassy, the Boethiah cult's sanctuary is near his city, and there's a dragon up in the mountains above Windhelm somewhere. Those are the kinds of things that would be worth getting him off the damn throne IMO. We'll see how he does and then maybe I'll take him along on some of the main quest stuff.

OMG I'm totally in Riften right now, I have to remember to talk to the priest to get the matrimony quest started. I may just wear the Amulet around for a while to see how many offers I get. Altho I currently have two thanes, two followers, and countless people that I've done favors for... if you reject someone, do they get ugly about it and you lose the benefits of their favorable disposition towards you? I've always just picked who I wanted and gone straight to that person before equipping the Amulet.

Just hired Marcurio and I'm going to look up the code for Chain Lightning to see if the removespell command works. Wish me luck. Altho I think the follower mod I'm using has a special command built in that resets follower AI after friendly fire or something, so I dunno. We'll see what happens.

At least he can't kill Meeko, I've got him living the high life with Calder back in Windhelm.
Old 05-06-12, 11:46 AM   #1672
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Frau Kaleun, that was superbly done. Congratulations!

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 12:21 PM   #1673
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

What do you guys think about the proposed Elder Scrolls MMO? I admit I'm a little leery given that I am not sure they will be able to incorporate so many of the wonderful sandbox aspects from TES into an MMO platform.

Edit: Oh, sorry, I didn't know there was a thread about this already. Silly me! :P

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 02:42 PM   #1674
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Budokan View Post
What do you guys think about the proposed Elder Scrolls MMO?
I won't be playing it, so I don't really have an opinion. If it happens it happens but since the work appears to have been contracted out to different people I don't think it will affect the single player games. I hope not, anyway.

And if anyone was wondering, the addspell/removespell commands do work on NPCs, you just have to target them in the console. I took M's Chain Lightning away and since he already has one other shock and one fire destruction spell I gave him Ice Spike to round out his elementals. Plus he'll be getting most of the staves we come across whenever he's with me. Went through a couple battles after that and he never used the Chain Lightning so I think it worked!

Oh and this is so cool, the follower mod I'm using lets you give spell tomes to followers and tell them to study the books you just gave them in order to learn the new spells. I just gave him Conjure Familiar, Conjure Flame Atronach, and Reanimate Corpse. We haven't been out since so I'll be curious to see if he actually starts pulling the new spells out of his hat. If he starts reanimating dead enemies I'm gonna have to unlearn my habit of looting every single corpse clean right away, lol, or we'll have some poor zombie in a loincloth trying to fight off a bandit chief with his bare hands.
Old 05-06-12, 09:44 PM   #1675
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Oh and this is so cool, the follower mod I'm using lets you give spell tomes to followers and tell them to study the books you just gave them in order to learn the new spells. I just gave him Conjure Familiar, Conjure Flame Atronach, and Reanimate Corpse. We haven't been out since so I'll be curious to see if he actually starts pulling the new spells out of his hat.
YAY IT WORKS! He's conjuring and reanimating like a wild man.

The Marry Ulfric mod also works, I did a test run and then reloaded the previous save so I could go back and actually get hitched when I'm ready. Well, the proposal and acceptance dialogue prompts are there, anyway. The only downside is that the modder had to put in "empty" sound files to take the place of what would normally be VA dialogue. So there's no audio, just subtitles for the new stuff, but because they sound files are empty they are really short and the subtitles flash on and off so fast you can't really see them.

I don't know if there's a way I can play with the sound files she made to make a longer silence out of them so the subtitles will at least be up long enough to read. I don't know anything about the file format used and I don't know if any of the software I have will let me tinker with them.

Screencaps of the day:

My second Companions quest sent me to Riften on a "Hired Muscle" job. My target was Mjoll the Lioness, which sucked because she always seems so nice. I tracked her down in Aerin's house and the brawl was... well, let's just say it went on for a while.

After Riften, Marcurio and Erik and I all went to Windhelm so I could take care of some business there before heading back to Jorrvaskr.

Old 05-07-12, 04:32 AM   #1676
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

My Nord Ilzura

Due an unfortunate event on one of his adventures he ended up with the Stormcloaks on their way to the chop block, can't say he really apreciated that and now supports the Stormcloaks in their struggle for Skyrim's independence. He has yet to join them officially in Windhelm but as the discovery he's Dovahkiin has led him on a different path for now.

HunterICX
Old 05-07-12, 05:12 AM   #1677
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
. My target was Mjoll the Lioness, which sucked because she always seems so nice. I tracked her down in Aerin's house and the brawl was... well, let's just say it went on for a while.

I shall neither forget, nor forgive! So far there are no female Draugrs in Skyrim. If I ever meet you, that will change.
Old 05-07-12, 05:21 AM   #1678
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

BTW, what is it with the weapon values of different smithing quality? It seems the differences are minimal between an iron sword and a steel sword, or the others. Even if they get imporoved all to the same levels, they are just rated different by one or a few more counters. Is there really any serious, noticable difference between an exquisite elevn dagger, an exquisite steel dagger, or an exquisite ebony dagger?

I also how the system calculates the difefrences in net effects when a weapon gets swung. Compare the differences between a one handed sword and a two-handed sowrd or a battle axe. They differ in the speed by which they get swung, but the net differencxes, in weapon rating, is minimal. Does the weapon'S value gets multiplied with the talent of the fighter for using archery, one-handed and two-handed weapons?

I have started to ignore choosing weapons for maximum values. I completely go by looks now. Dwarfen sword, elven bow, ebony or elven dagger, vulcan glass armour and pelt armour. And cloaks. However, I see now ntoicable decline in my combat efficiency. Is a steel dagger that got improved to the same level like let'S say an elven or vulcan dagger effectively the same weapon?
Old 05-07-12, 08:39 AM   #1679
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

I shall neither forget, nor forgive! So far there are no female Draugrs in Skyrim. If I ever meet you, that will change.
Believe me, nobody felt worse about it than I did. I haven't interacted with her as this PC yet (except for the brawl) but I did in other playthroughs and she's just so sweet. She was predictably nice about the whole affair, lol. She told me I got her fair and square and then just left the house. Aerin just stood there at the door scowling and saying "You need to leave" in a belated attempt to be menacing. ORLY little man? Where were you when I was beating the crap outta your friend?

I think I'm going to make up for it by going and getting her sword and surprising her with it.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I have fought lady Draugrs in some of the tombs. The bosses always seem to be male but sometimes I run into a lower level one that appears to be wearing the female version of the armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Does the weapon'S value gets multiplied with the talent of the fighter for using archery, one-handed and two-handed weapons?
Pretty sure this is the case as IIRC I have seen damage numbers for weapons change when I go from just highlighting them in my inventory to actually equipping them. The damage you can do with a 2H weapon is increased by your skill level in 2H and/or the 2H perks you've taken.

Quote:
Is a steel dagger that got improved to the same level like let'S say an elven or vulcan dagger effectively the same weapon?
If by "level" you mean the Flawless, Epic, Legendary tags... no, I'm pretty sure it's not. If you have a steel dagger and, say, an ebony dagger and you have the smithing perks for both materials and you improve them both at the same crafting session, even if you can get them both to "Legendary" status the ebony should still have a higher damage rating than the steel because the base damage for the ebony weapon is twice that of a steel dagger. The ebony weapon started out better and, all other things being equal, it should always be better than its steel equivalent.

According to UESP:

Quote:
The actual damage your character will do with a weapon is derived from the base damage according to your character's weapon skill and any relevant skill perks. The damage can also be increased by using smithing to sharpen a weapon.

Weapon damage forumula:
displayed damage = (base damage + smithing increase) * (1 + 0.5 * skill/100) * (1 + perk effects) * (1 + item effects)
Perk Effects = .2 * Barbarian/Armsman/Overdraw rank level
Edit: I put Mist Top in and went to check it out. The graphics are fantastic but sadly it's just not the house for me. The location is too inconvenient, it's difficult to get to (and apparently impossible for some followers), and it's SO cramped and small inside. Far too claustrophobic IMO. I really loved the outdoor smithy but the interior appears to be designed more for looks than actual function... most of what I saw was just there as decoration, it wasn't something you could pick up and interact with, which is a shame. It's not like I want a house full of valuable or unique items that I can pick up and add to my inventory for fun and profit, but to have so much stuff there that normally would be interactive - books, a coin purse, etc. - but isn't and therefore can't even be moved from one spot to another at my convenience... meh.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 05-07-12 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-07-12, 09:19 AM   #1680
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Hey I just had a thought... you know all those enemy camp commanders that are still tagged as essential and unkillable even after the war is over? Lots of complaints about it and more than one mod to "fix" it so you can kill them, which I have been using for just that purpose.

But maybe the named commanders were left essential because they're supposed to still be there for some DLC expansion involving more fighting between the Stormcloaks and the Legion? You know, leave the named commanders in place and then just spawn more generic soldiers when and where needed, because both sides still need to be "in place" for whatever happens in the expansion. What if it's all leading up to something involving an eventual alliance between the two sides, say, in the wake of some bigger issue like the Dominion suddenly decides the time is right to strike...

I dunno. But it would be an interesting way to resolve the problem of "what will the Lore say about who won the war." No matter which side you took in the original game, after that part is over, something else happens and Skyrim and the Empire reunite in some fashion to deal with it, Ulfric/Tullius (whichever one survived the CW questline) is killed, then the history books say there was a war for independence but the two sides joined up to fight a bigger threat and the aftermath makes the CW look like small potatoes so it becomes little more than a footnote.