Old 03-26-10, 09:04 PM   #46
ERPP8
Commodore

Downloads: 161
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWorth View Post
Your not the only one.

I would love to see a real good modern submarine simulator come out.

To be honest as fun as SH3 and SH4 are I am getting tired of WW2 based sims.After awhile it just gets to become more of the same ole same ole we had before just fancier graphics.
That's exactly how I feel.
All of the low realism things in SHIII SHIV and SHV are more or less real:
Fuel: Nuclear Reactor (never runs out)
Carbon Dioxide: They filter it out
Batteries: Charge under Water
Torp loading time:FAST
Manual Targeting: Your crew does it
Etc...
ERPP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 05:26 AM   #47
Commie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 8

A new surface war game would be the dog's bollocks. I want battleships and cruisers! 1900-1945 with a preference for hypothetical and real conflict from before the carrier age.
Commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 05:55 AM   #48
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

SH6 should be a MMO. They gives us the map and boats, we shape the conflicts. Would be nice that all of us can play/share the same map in real time, so we can form real wolfpacks and play against real players, not some retard AI. At least this drm thingie would have a good purpose then.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 05:58 AM   #49
avee
Seaman

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
SH6 should be a MMO. They gives us the map and boats, we shape the conflicts. Would be nice that all of us can play/share the same map in real time, so we can form real wolfpacks and play against real players, not some retard AI. At least this drm thingie would have a good purpose then.
The problem with MMO is time compression. Are you ready to play Silent Hunter at X1 TC?
avee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 06:05 AM   #50
Commie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by avee View Post
The problem with MMO is time compression. Are you ready to play Silent Hunter at X1 TC?

Easily fixed, make maps 2 x 2 km with respawns and powerups, a BFG lying around somewhere...
Commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 06:06 AM   #51
Ablemaster
An able master

Downloads: 121
Uploads: 5

Not sure a silent hunter 6 would ever happen, but if it was to i would hope for more choice in boats and different countries to choose from. Of course multiplayer would be a must, and a release that is playable from the box would make a change. Hate to say it but drm, get rid of. Stating the obvious i guess but as a realist i dont see a SH6 ever surfacing, after all the bad press and disappointment here with SH5. No harm in dreaming though.
Old 03-27-10, 06:07 AM   #52
avee
Seaman

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie View Post
Easily fixed, make maps 2 x 2 km with respawns and powerups, a BFG lying around somewhere...
Yeah, UBISOFT will like this idea!
avee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 06:28 AM   #53
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

At this point Im wondering if we all are going to need puting money from our pockets,rent a development team and start working on the complex Naval Project all the simm community have always desired,even if it takes 5 or 6 years.

tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 06:36 AM   #54
Uedel
Nub

Downloads: 3

Today Ubisoft announced NEWS:

The Silent Hunter Team are going to work on the next generation Naval Simulation Game.

So far a Simulation no one ever has seen.

Features:

- Full Scale World from Satelitte Datas
- Over 250 different Shipmodels
- MMOG Server for thousends of Players
- new Graphics Engine
- real World Physics

The Gameplay Centers arround beeing a Captain of a Tradeship to deliver Chargo Worldwide in a massive Multiplayer enviroment to compete with other Players.

You can:
- hire and Fire crewmembers
- Pay Bills for Repair and Fuel
- Steer your Vesel arround the 7 Seas
- Persistant World, your Ship is where it is even if u are offline

But since it is a Onlinegame there will be no Time Compression possible.

Look at http://www.ubisoft.com/iamthecaptain.html
Uedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 06:44 AM   #55
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uedel View Post
Today Ubisoft announced NEWS:

The Silent Hunter Team are going to work on the next generation Naval Simulation Game.

So far a Simulation no one ever has seen.

Features:

- Full Scale World from Satelitte Datas
- Over 250 different Shipmodels
- MMOG Server for thousends of Players
- new Graphics Engine
- real World Physics

The Gameplay Centers arround beeing a Captain of a Tradeship to deliver Chargo Worldwide in a massive Multiplayer enviroment to compete with other Players.

You can:
- hire and Fire crewmembers
- Pay Bills for Repair and Fuel
- Steer your Vesel arround the 7 Seas
- Persistant World, your Ship is where it is even if u are offline

But since it is a Onlinegame there will be no Time Compression possible.

Look at http://www.ubisoft.com/iamthecaptain.html
Is this one of those fake joke announcements ? Because whoever wrote it misspelled A LOT of words.
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 06:45 AM   #56
Uedel
Nub

Downloads: 3

use your brain
Uedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 07:02 AM   #57
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avee View Post
This should not be a problem. All traveling can be made exactly as is in Pirates of the Burning Sea and you access your boat only in the instanced pvp areas, ports or if you get attacked.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 07:03 AM   #58
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94

I think it would be easier to just allow let's say 8 players connect to a game and form a wolfpack (if they desire) or just go on random killing or whatever they wish to... kinda like a co-op campaign mode...
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 07:05 AM   #59
thruster
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 0

we need the most realistic sim possible. whether thats a uber SH5 or SH10, as long as we get it.
for me personally, modern stuff is too techno driven, WW2 atlantic/med is the best era.
thruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 07:37 AM   #60
mcarlsonus
Weps

Downloads: 13

Earlier, "Sonarman" mentioned the old Microprose titles, "Silent Service," "Task Force 1942," and, "Red Storm Rising" as excellent examples of sims that succeed in immersing the player in the game. Having owned and played all those games, I emphatically agree! Matter of fact, "back in the day," whenever there was a party at my place, one would always find the 386SX - with VGA graphics (640x480), a HUGE 15" monitor, and 640K RAM - fired up and folks taking turns at the helm of an, "Improved Gato" in the Pacific or hammering away at an enemy task force 16 miles to the west.

Anyway, my thoughts on SH6: never happen. Never. Having owned and played SH5 for nearly two weeks, I can say, unequivocably, it appears Ubi, "threw out the baby with the bathwater" and decided to rehab the series totally. What they actually succeeded in doing was to remove GOOD, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" stuff, like the TDC, destroyers and aircraft that REALLY pose a threat, Recognition Manual that actually has useful information, DEPTH UNDER KEEL (!!!!), etc. Looks like they attempted a total rewrite, but someone at Ubi intervened and said, "Put it on the market...NOW!" Why? Because Ubi realizes that such things as subsims have a VERY limited market and very little potential for making money. In this world of, "first-person shooters" that appeal to folks with short attention spans who were brought up witnessing massive amounts of violence on the TV news, as well as in real life, few of the, "target market" have the patience or desire to plot a torpedo attack plan or set waypoints to a distant area where one may wander about for hours without encountering a target.

In sum, I believe this sad version was rushed to market. Ubi knew that modders who aren't on their payroll would make something useful out of it - which, of course, continues to be the case. However, I believe we've seen the end of the franchise - and others like it!

Too bad I can't get, "Silent Service" to run on my present computer...

Last edited by mcarlsonus; 03-27-10 at 07:55 AM.
mcarlsonus is offline   Reply With Quote