Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-01-07, 11:14 AM   #1
GhostTX
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default M1 Tank Platoon 2 to run on XP

Anybody have any tips or file modifications to run M1 Tank Platoon 2 on XP?

I've installed and had v1.2 patch installed. I can't get the joystick to recognize and the best graphics I can get are pretty plain.

Old 02-03-07, 07:15 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The ymptom often was described in according threads over the last years. Me too never was able to get joysticks recognized under XP. To be more precise, the game even did not run for me under XP.

As a matter of sad fact, this piece of code is old, very old.

You may want to consider to give Steel Beasts Pro a try, if you can afford it. It's lightyears ahead of M1TP2, in all regards.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 10:33 AM   #3
GhostTX
Nub

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the tip. I might just wait for SB2 instead for the price.

Does SBP have air support as well? Or is it just artillery? Also, can you direct/order your support vehicles (Bradleys, infantry, etc) and can you "jump" from tank-to-tank to control it?
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 01:28 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Air Support: very limited: armed Hinds, unarmed Griffons, no dedicated AA ground vehicles. Air operations are no focus of attention.

SBP focusses on vehicle, platoon level, but also allows to control several companies and even complete batallions. You have functional mechanics, mine-sweepers, medics, fuel and ammo transports, FOVs, artillery, mines, obstacles, bridging.

I don't want to show off, but I have written a thorough review of SBP a year ago - those 28 pages should answer all questions you can imagine. Get it at http://www.tanksim.com/review.htm , look for reviews on the left, find The Beauty and the Beast.
A separate interview with the developer here: http://www.tanksim.com/topic15_sbp_interview.htm

SB2: you may wait long - their director said not before late 2008, I say (judging by long-year experience with their time tables ) not before 2009. Current SBP is a high-quality product for the professional market, if tanks are your thing, you will not be dissapointed to get SBP PE now. Promised!

There is a sticky on top of the forum list. It's not actual anymore, I will talk to Neal to get it changed (I locked myself out of it - clever ). There is also a screenshot thread with plenty of shots I've taken.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote