SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-19, 01:48 PM   #1
Kieldk
Helmsman

Downloads: 505
Uploads: 0
Default FOTRSU mod question

Hello guys

Been playing this mod for a week now.

I Got 2 questions.

Does the upgrades work for this mod?
When i Try to upgrade my Porpoise with a deck gun in the Bow, the Crew Dont show up?

And now im on my 8th patrol and i have NOT Got the option to upgrade to a new boat??

In tmo i could upgrade after 3-4 patrols... :-)?
Kieldk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 02:36 PM   #2
Kieldk
Helmsman

But i really enjoy this mod, but still my porpoise is getting Old and it is abit shaken after a whole year of depth charges😅
Old 06-22-19, 07:43 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

We have been attempting to "balance" the upgrade process. We want to have to where a player is not discouraged when they actually do good, but by the same token, not have the game hand them everything in the first six months, which is what we were having. Version 81 was turned-down in that regard. Also, with TMO, Ducimus found a few things of interest that still applies, and that is the "math" involved in producing the skippers "score", both in renown, and also in their Patrol performance. It works out that if you score poorly on your first or second patrols, that you are in a big hole and don't even know it, as far as the scoring is concerned. We hope to have a "Pointers" pdf for the initial release that will have information on the way the game scores, and what you need to accomplish to succeed. In the meantime, with v0.81, it is rather tough to advance in both boats and conning towers. As for the guns, v0.81 has an 'experiment' in it that tested fine in the laboratory, but once in the wild, did not function as intended. If you are in port at the time the guns are available to change, it all works fine, but under certain circumstances, the old original SH4 Gun Bug still reaches out and bites... We've got another attempt coming in the next v0.9x coming out soon.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-19, 01:42 AM   #4
Kieldk
Helmsman

Thanks for the answer😃👍

But i disagree with the Thing about conning Towers though ..

In the Real war the Subs where upgraded without regards of the Captains score

Now im in May 1943
Ive sunk 130k og shipping , in the last patrol i did 40+ tonnage and Got navy cross..

But i stil Got the old conning tower, togethers with the old porpoise from 1935, and if i start a new campaign in early 1943 with a p class, it already Got the new tower in january
Old 06-23-19, 06:04 AM   #5
propbeanie

What is there to disagree about? You've still got the same conning tower, correct? The way the game works beginning after the 4th patrol, is if you qualify score-wise, you get a new boat - if available. If a new boat isn't available, then you get a new conning tower, if available. If a conning tower isn't available, the game will ask next time you end a patrol. You haven't scored enough points to qualify, which is probably due in part to the way we changed the scoring, which is tougher now. The main thing to do is to complete assigned mission objectives, and you'll most likely need a minimum of two objective completions each patrol, together with ship sinkings. If you aren't assigned two or three objectives, you need to use the Status Update function to be assigned another objective after completing the first. You do still sink ships, but their importance in score tallying has been reduced, although they are still part of most objective assignments. Put that together with the fact that the Stock game had assignments out of Manila to start the game, that put the submarine in the Sulu Sea or other areas, where targets were few and far between early, and you might end up with a zero score to start your career, which is a deep hole to start in, math-wise, to try to raise your score from. I'll have to find that Ducimus thread again, which explains the base issue rather well - but you have to promise not to nod off to sleep if you try to read it...

Old 06-23-19, 02:11 PM   #6
Kieldk
Helmsman

Thanks again

Ill try to do more objectives,

And if u ask if i Got the same tower, Then yes, I got the original tower from dec 41.
No tower upgrades or subs☺️

Keep up the good work , and im looking forward to get the new updates🙏🏻😉
Old 06-23-19, 02:28 PM   #7
propbeanie

Keep your eyes peeled for a form of version 90. It might be 92, but Rockin Robbins is having computer issues last I heard...

In the meantime, I found the Ducimus thread I was alluding to:

Of refits, new commands, rank, and retirements Post #10

Here is the table that is so important:

The Patrol Rating and Campaign Rating are what influence whether you get a new boat or a conning tower - one or the other. From what my experiments last year showed me, the total score also influences this, which can lead to bad troubles if too many points are scored too soon.

Old 06-24-19, 06:53 PM   #8
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

WE're up and running. V0.90_RC3 is now available in the Subsim download area. The really cool stuff is under construction in the s7rikeback and propbeanie Secret Laboratories of Doom and Pepsi Cola.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 06:56 PM   #9
propbeanie

You forgot the pizza!... lots of cheese pizza!