SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-14, 08:58 PM   #1
Raptorx7
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Mod help and some questions!

Hi everyone while I am not exactly new I am really a lurker this is my first post! I haven't played Silent Hunter 3 in a while and decided to start playing again, the last time I played I used the GWX gold mod and it was awesome. This time however, I decided I would go all out and patch/mod the crap out of the game! I have a problem though, I downloaded quite a few and now I am not exactly sure If I am activating these properly on JSGME and I could use some serious help. I have provided a screenshot of my JSGME below, and take note that I have installed Steiblers patches and fixes correctly. The GWX stuff is working fine and the environmental effects but the other stuff I am not so sure. It would also be nice if you guys could suggest some mods to either fix or replace some of these if I am doing it wrong.

Thanks!

Raptorx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 10:02 PM   #2
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

First, welcome aboard, Raptorx7! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Second, there is no need to capture and post a screenie to display your mod list. On the Tasks... popup in JSGME, you will find a function Export active mod list to with a choice of either text file or clipboard. Then just paste the clipboard contents into your post. Less hassle.

Third, there is an active thread on the SH3 Mods Workshop forum that may be of help to you. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216171. There are a couple of SH3 mod lists posted there.

Finally, I don't want to be negative, but if that is your entire active mod list, then I believe you do not have Stiebler's patches installed correctly. Stiebler's patches can not be installed properly unless h.sie's patches are installed first. And both h.sie's and Stiebler's patches each have a Supplement folder that must be installed using JSGME or some of the patches won't function properly.

So my advice would be to download h.sie's patcher (called V16B1-Patch-Kit) from here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225. Apply both sets of patches, then set up the Supplement mods. Install them with JSGME. Then follow h.sie's directions for testing your installation.

And do check out the mods lists on the SH3 Mods Workshop forum. Lots of good ideas there. Also check out this thread of coming attractions: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216415
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 10:26 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

Raptorx7! after a considerable silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 10:45 PM   #4
Raptorx7
Nub

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
First, welcome aboard, Raptorx7! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Second, there is no need to capture and post a screenie to display your mod list. On the Tasks... popup in JSGME, you will find a function Export active mod list to with a choice of either text file or clipboard. Then just paste the clipboard contents into your post. Less hassle.

Third, there is an active thread on the SH3 Mods Workshop forum that may be of help to you. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216171. There are a couple of SH3 mod lists posted there.

Finally, I don't want to be negative, but if that is your entire active mod list, then I believe you do not have Stiebler's patches installed correctly. Stiebler's patches can not be installed properly unless h.sie's patches are installed first. And both h.sie's and Stiebler's patches each have a Supplement folder that must be installed using JSGME or some of the patches won't function properly.

So my advice would be to download h.sie's patcher (called V16B1-Patch-Kit) from here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225. Apply both sets of patches, then set up the Supplement mods. Install them with JSGME. Then follow h.sie's directions for testing your installation.

And do check out the mods lists on the SH3 Mods Workshop forum. Lots of good ideas there. Also check out this thread of coming attractions: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=216415
First of all thanks for the reply!

I thought I had correctly installed HSIE and Stieblers mod because of the version number in the bottom right in the main menu, but if what you said is true I definitely did it wrong!

Ill report back once I get HSIE's and Stieblers running properly, maybe that is why so many of my mods are conflicting with eachother and GWX.
Raptorx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 04:19 AM   #5
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2

Hey Raptorx7, wellcome to the surface!
Why don't you try and take a look at the thread I have in my signature?
Maybe it can be of some help...
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 07:15 AM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Raptor

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 04:03 PM   #7
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Welcome back Raptorx7
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 04:42 PM   #8
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
With the latest version of JSGME perhaps. I doubt it was possible with v 2.2.something
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 06:38 PM   #9
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
With the latest version of JSGME perhaps. I doubt it was possible with v 2.2.something
AFAIK, the latest version of JSGME is version 2.6.0.157. It shows a file creation date of 8/8/2010. Prolly time to upgrade.
Old 10-29-14, 06:41 PM   #10
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
AFAIK, the latest version of JSGME is version 2.6.0.157. It shows a file creation date of 8/8/2010. What version are you using?
Me too. But judging from the huge screenshot of the OP, he didn't.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 06:42 PM   #11
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

GWX3.0 installs an earlier version of JSGME.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 06:43 PM   #12
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Me too. But judging from the huge screenshot of the OP, he didn't.
Yes. In fact his screeenie shows it is v2.2.0.120. As I said, prolly time for an upgrade.
Old 10-30-14, 09:23 AM   #13
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

One of the topics not listed via GWX....the older version of JSGME contained within GWX should be written over by the latest/final release.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-14, 10:19 AM   #14
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
One of the topics not listed via GWX....the older version of JSGME contained within GWX should be written over by the latest/final release.
That's good advice. I just checked the change log, and between v2.2 and v2.6 there were significant improvements to the functional core capability of JSGME, as well as added secondary functions (like saving an active mods list to the clipboard). Well worth upgrading.