SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-17, 04:02 PM   #1366
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

I have installed NYGM but I get CTD when I install the Hires or WYGM mods.

Also how do I install the Stiebler mods, I seem to have more than one.

ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 04:39 AM   #1367
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Ridley:

Sorry you have problems with the NYGM installation.
Can you clarify that the list of mods that you have installed already is playable? If not, remove mods one at a time from your installed list, until you do have a payable game. Then report what fails to function

To answer your other query (installation of Stiebler mod):
You must not install any of the Stiebler mods (except those that bear the name 'envsim' as part of the title) until you have first installed the H.sie hard-code patch. Test this and make sure that it is functioning before you do anything else. Then install the Stiebler hard-code4C patch - full instructions included.

Summary:
a) Remove all installed mods back to NYGM2017A (leave this and preceding mods from your list in place). Test all functions in a quick patrol.
b) Now install the H.sie hard-code patch (if you wish, following the instructions to modify the SH3.exe file and other SH3 files). Test another patrol.
c) Now install the Stiebler hard-code patch (if you wish, following the instructions to modify the SH3.exe file you made with H.sie's patch - save a back-up of H.sie's patched SH3.exe first. Then modify the other SH3 files according to the Stiebler4C instructions.) Test another patrol.
d) You may or may not have installed hard-code patches (2) and (3), as you prefer. In either case, install the other mods one at a time, testing with a single patrol. Then we will know where your problem lies.

What ever path you take, please note the following:
1. You do not need mods Stiebler_EnvSim AND Envsim10.act. Version 10 has replaced Stiebler_EnvSim, but note that are TWO versions 10: one without the H.sie patch already present, one for the H.sie patch installed, See the documentation.
2. You must choose whether you want the NYGM merchant-ships mod (carefully tested with NYGM) OR the full IABL merchant ships mod.Note that MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM is an OVERLAY for IABL's MFM_Interim_Beta merchants ship mod, it is not a mod by itself. That is the MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM mod adapts IABL's original merchant ship mod to make it compatible with NYGM. You must download IABL's mod elsewhere.
3. The Anvart_Stiebler_Turms mod functions ONLY if the Stiebler hard-code patch is already present.
4. The Stiebler4C Additional files and Addons folders must be used according to the instructions for adding the Stiebler4C hard-code patch, and should be installed just as you find them (see the instructions with the 4C hard-code patch).
5. The SH3Commander patch is to patch J Scones' SH3Commander for NYGM, and not NYGM or SH3.exe. It should not appear in your mods list at all.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 01:26 AM   #1368
Hampus
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Default The mod wont work

It should be installed correctly but when i load it it loads just as expected but when i start a career or single mission it goes loads a bit then it just stops and crashes i werent able to install it ona completly fresh SH3 As i dont know how to revert to a fresh one if anyone is able to help me whit this its aprichiated
Hampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 02:59 AM   #1369
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampus View Post
It should be installed correctly but when i load it it loads just as expected but when i start a career or single mission it goes loads a bit then it just stops and crashes i werent able to install it ona completly fresh SH3 As i dont know how to revert to a fresh one if anyone is able to help me whit this its aprichiated
Hi Hampus
Can you post your jsgme mod list?
Old 05-29-17, 03:13 AM   #1370
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard firsttime poster!

Hampus!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 07:10 AM   #1371
Weisia
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Default page not found

after a very long break, I am ready to hunt some more ships with NYGM ofcourse. But when trying to get to the download page of the most recent version, it seems the link is broken. Does anyone have a valid link or another source for NYGM 3.6? Thank you
Weisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 05:58 PM   #1372
gatordad
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I am also looking for the base NYGM v3 and latest update (3.6 or later). All links so far are dead in the water.

Thanks from an old squid getting back into SH3.
Old 08-21-17, 02:45 AM   #1373
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon2

Try there : ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/NYGM%20-%20Not%20Your%20GrandMother's%20Mod/

User = Maik
Password = Woelfe

Old 08-23-17, 01:58 AM   #1374
Weisia
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Icon14

Thank you, downloading right now! Just to be sure about the right order of install (last time I played SH3 I remember NYGM 2.5 to be the latest version): does NYGM_New replace NYGM? And what is the difference between NYGM_2017 and NYGM_2017A?
Weisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 04:50 AM   #1375
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisia View Post
Thank you, downloading right now! Just to be sure about the right order of install (last time I played SH3 I remember NYGM 2.5 to be the latest version): does NYGM_New replace NYGM? And what is the difference between NYGM_2017 and NYGM_2017A?
NYGM is probably the most difficult mod to install. Read carefully all the Readme files. As a basic rule, always read Readme files before installing a mod, especially a supermod...
Old 08-30-17, 07:04 PM   #1376
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Default Need's fixin.

The main download site isn't working. This needs to be addressed. It has the order in which things are suppose to be installed.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-17, 05:22 AM   #1377
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Quote:
The main download site isn't working. This needs to be addressed. It has the order in which things are suppose to be installed.
The index page had been deleted somehow (perhaps by me accidentally...).
However, there was a duplicate on the web-site, and I had a duplicate on my computer too.

So all is working again.
Apologies to all who had tried and failed to access the NYGM web-site.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-17, 11:18 AM   #1378
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

That pic was cool
Old 08-31-17, 06:07 PM   #1379
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
The index page had been deleted somehow (perhaps by me accidentally...).
However, there was a duplicate on the web-site, and I had a duplicate on my computer too.

So all is working again.
Apologies to all who had tried and failed to access the NYGM web-site.

Stiebler.
Thank you Stiebler.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 02:09 PM   #1380
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241
Default Stiebler4C_SubsFlag

With latest version of NYGM, is Stiebler4C_SubsFlag still required? If so, where can I find it?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull