SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-17, 01:55 PM   #8551
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexv86 View Post
Hey guys,
*I thought I should post this on the release page for OFEV, but i couldnt find such a page.

This one just happened all of a sudden when I tried to open TDW's Options File Editor/Viewer, whenever I ask it to 'Open' it has an error pop-up that says :
*********Invalid option entry found. Missing VALUES's COUNT entries/r/nLine read was #DEFAULT=[ "Heir ist ein U-Boat Cocktail!!"," Chalkboard Tally","edit your favorite" ] @ line #3262 *********

It wont let me open my user options file to make any changes, has anybody had this problem before?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 08:13 AM   #8552
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14 Fixed!

I managed to fix it by disabling all mods and then enabling them again, after that I was able to open OFEV no problem.
Thanks again for the help!
Old 09-02-17, 09:28 AM   #8553
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Prop shaft selectors

Hey all,

I asked something similar awhile back, but never got a response. What is the purpose of enabling or disabling the port or starboard prop shafts?
In one of the loading screens in mentions running the diesel and electric engines at the same time, with one diesel dedicated to recharging and the other running the prop in tandem with electric motor. Is there a way to implement this in game?
Old 09-02-17, 11:48 AM   #8554
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexv86 View Post
Hey all,

I asked something similar awhile back, but never got a response. What is the purpose of enabling or disabling the port or starboard prop shafts?
In one of the loading screens in mentions running the diesel and electric engines at the same time, with one diesel dedicated to recharging and the other running the prop in tandem with electric motor. Is there a way to implement this in game?
I play TWOS years and i never used this
In my oppinion the theory from loading screen is physical nonsense.
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 12:03 AM   #8555
Subwolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

The enigma mod is fantastic, but unfortunately for me the letters in the radio messages was too hard to see, I really had issues with O or Q. Type one wrong letter and you have to start all over again. So I decided to remove the mod, not sure if there is a way to deal with my problem. Glasses perhaps
Subwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 06:02 AM   #8556
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subwolf View Post
The enigma mod is fantastic, but unfortunately for me the letters in the radio messages was too hard to see, I really had issues with O or Q. Type one wrong letter and you have to start all over again. So I decided to remove the mod, not sure if there is a way to deal with my problem. Glasses perhaps
You're right, this can be a problem for some. I'll see if I could find appropriate files to edit font style a bit, if possible at all...
Old 09-03-17, 10:40 AM   #8557
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi guys
If you use a magnifying glass on the radio message you will see that the O has a little bit missing from being a complete circle.
The Q has tiny bit added to the complete circle.
With a bit of time you will get use to the look of both and will not need any type of aid to recognize the difference.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 11:12 AM   #8558
Subwolf
Sonar Guy

Thanks guys, I'll give it another try

Btw, I came up with an idea that also solved the problem. Took a pic of the message with my smartphone, then just enlarged it.

Last edited by Subwolf; 09-03-17 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-03-17, 12:43 PM   #8559
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subwolf View Post
Thanks guys, I'll give it another try

Btw, I came up with an idea that also solved the problem. Took a pic of the message with my smartphone, then just enlarged it.
I think I have found the solution how to change radio message font so you guys don't need to use magnifying glass anymore. I'll add the fix in the next update...
Old 09-03-17, 01:10 PM   #8560
Subwolf
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I think I have found the solution how to change radio message font so you guys don't need to use magnifying glass anymore. I'll add the fix in the next update...
Excellent, great work
Old 09-03-17, 04:02 PM   #8561
THEBERBSTER

Great news Vecko, that will help a lot of players that do not have good eye sight.
Peter
Old 09-03-17, 05:33 PM   #8562
vigo101
Swabbie

Downloads: 287

Black screen on startup now after updating from 2.07 to 2.08.. Anyone else had this problem or do I have to uninstall reinstall..?
vigo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 05:42 PM   #8563
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo101 View Post
Black screen on startup now after updating from 2.07 to 2.08.. Anyone else had this problem or do I have to uninstall reinstall..?
Just wait minute or two mate...Remove old updates from your jsgme...and no, you don't have to do full reinstallation of course if you've installed/updated your Twos per instructions.

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-03-17 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-04-17, 04:06 AM   #8564
THEBERBSTER

Hi Vecko
The black screen start up is always a bit unnerving especially for those who have a lower spec computer because of the loading time to the menu.
It really needs some sound here to show that all is well and the game is loading and not frozen.
Peter
Old 09-04-17, 04:59 AM   #8565
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Vecko
The black screen start up is always a bit unnerving especially for those who have a lower spec computer because of the loading time to the menu.
It really needs some sound here to show that all is well and the game is loading and not frozen.
Peter
I'm afraid that's not possible...only stuck and repetitive sound can be heard and that's even more unnerving and suspicious.
People should realize that nations roster is largely increased and the game needs some time to allocate all the files.
I'll see if i could add visual info instead of black screen, that would be quite useful and it could neutralize potential confusion...

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-04-17 at 05:13 AM.