SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-15, 11:50 PM   #31
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
cool How about some RAOBF and Attack Disk shenanigans?

Ahoy Shaefer.....Finally!!....the exciting conclusion to the episode #11 cliff hanger! I've picked up a lot of good tips from all your map work.

Would it be possible to show some intercepts and attacks done using the RAOBF and the Attack Disc in your future episodes? Both these tools provide a lot of relevant target information quickly and would be very informative for those viewers not familiar with their use. I would love to see a practical demonstration on using the Attack Disc for a target intercept solution but could only find one on YT that unfortunately for me was in French.

There is an excellent printable PDF manual in your Silent Hunter 5 main directory for reference and some light reading here ~ C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v18_ByTheDarkWraith \Documentation\Attack_Disc_Handbook.pdf

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 06:43 AM   #32
tkdb17
Swabbie

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

I've not read the thread other than the first few posts.

I'm going back and watching season 1, and I must say the detail with which you explain things is great.

I made the mistake of doing tutorial then modding like mad. Suddenly I found myself doing all sorts of manual stuff which I didn't understand.

I think after watching the first few I can now at least sail where I want, and maybe hit things at about 33% instead of never! Port and Starboard confuse me still. lol

tk
tkdb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 07:04 AM   #33
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdb17 View Post
I've not read the thread other than the first few posts.

I'm going back and watching season 1, and I must say the detail with which you explain things is great.

I made the mistake of doing tutorial then modding like mad. Suddenly I found myself doing all sorts of manual stuff which I didn't understand.

I think after watching the first few I can now at least sail where I want, and maybe hit things at about 33% instead of never! Port and Starboard confuse me still. lol

tk
Port has 4 letters , left has 4 letters so port is on the left . Port , the alcohol drink is red . So port is on the left and red . On the left while entering a port in silent hunter 5 .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 08:45 AM   #34
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi sober

I need a drink after that explanation.

I think I have some port in the starboard, oops i mean cupboard.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 09:40 AM   #35
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Yeah.....I think i'll drink to that too!

Old 05-20-15, 11:59 AM   #36
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 150

Sober, 20.05.2015:

Port , the alcohol drink is red.....

The irony is killing me...
15% Skill.

"Submarine life most of the time is hours and hours of boredom with intermittent terror thrown in to keep you on your toes!"

Shaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 12:04 PM   #37
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
Ahoy Shaefer.....Finally!!....the exciting conclusion to the episode #11 cliff hanger! I've picked up a lot of good tips from all your map work.

Would it be possible to show some intercepts and attacks done using the RAOBF and the Attack Disc in your future episodes? Both these tools provide a lot of relevant target information quickly and would be very informative for those viewers not familiar with their use. I would love to see a practical demonstration on using the Attack Disc for a target intercept solution but could only find one on YT that unfortunately for me was in French.

There is an excellent printable PDF manual in your Silent Hunter 5 main directory for reference and some light reading here ~ C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\The Wolves of Steel - Documentation\NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v18_ByTheDarkWraith \Documentation\Attack_Disc_Handbook.pdf
Thanks, Buddy!
It would be possible. I just need to hone my skills using these things, and read up some, so I get it right.
15% Skill.

"Submarine life most of the time is hours and hours of boredom with intermittent terror thrown in to keep you on your toes!"

Old 05-20-15, 03:44 PM   #38
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default I'll drink 2 that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Port has 4 letters , left has 4 letters so port is on the left . Port , the alcohol drink is red . So port is on the left and red . On the left while entering a port in silent hunter 5 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi sober

I need a drink after that explanation.

I think I have some port in the starboard, oops i mean cupboard.

Peter
Quote:
Yeah.....I think i'll drink to that too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaefer View Post
Sober, 20.05.2015:

Port , the alcohol drink is red.....

The irony is killing me...
As we are all tossed about on Neptune's wine dark sea!(Illiad) Any port in a storm BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 01:08 PM   #39
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Next episode are ready.
Enjoy.
15% Skill.

Old 05-23-15, 09:09 PM   #40
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

cool How about some RAOBF and Attack Disk shenanigans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaefer View Post
Quote:

Thanks, Buddy!
It would be possible. I just need to hone my skills using these things, and read up some, so I get it right.
G'day Shaefer.... check out this link to Sjizzles cool new charts. He's just added the instructions for the attack disk among other things, into the user charts so now no more excuses!! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=201

Old 05-23-15, 09:29 PM   #41
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

For the love of god , click on the 'crew on deck' icon then the 'man the deck gun ' icon to get the crew to man the deck gun . Don't bother asking the watch officer . If the deckgun crew leaves the gun because the submerged icon appears then simply wait for the submerged icon to disappear then click on the ' Man the deck gun' icon again .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 09:48 AM   #42
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Port is always port, it's only left if you're facing the bow.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 10:46 AM   #43
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Shaefer

If you remember I said to you that you need to select the ‘Battle Station’ icon from the ‘Watch Officer’ icon.

If you do not do this then you get what we were all seeing the ‘Deck Gun’ not correctly repositioned when you leave it.

It is clicking off the ‘Battle Station’ from the ‘Watch Officer’ icon that fixes this.

I think what confused you at the beginning is that you needed to press the T Key and select then the large ‘Deck Gun’ icon.

This then opens up the correct icons that you need to work the gun manually.

This is the ‘Deck Gun’ icon and the ‘Crew On Deck’ icon.

These 2 icons need to be kept yellowed all the time.

The A.P. shells are good at shooting at the waterline and will make some big holes in the hull.

H.E. I find is better above and is good at causing explosions where you get the devastating fires taking hold.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 09:06 PM   #44
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
Port is always port, it's only left if you're facing the bow.
Arhhh....So that explains why I've occasionally got to scratch my head and waste time trying to reproduce a problem that's been written in a Tech Log as on the left side only to discover that it's actually on the "other left" side!

Old 05-25-15, 09:52 PM   #45
sshellokitty
Bosun

Downloads: 96
Default Principles of Play

Hey Shaefer, Principles of Play here. I've commented so much on your videos and neglected to see if you had a post going here haha. Well I'm glad I found it! Still enjoying the episodes and looking forward to more.
sshellokitty is offline   Reply With Quote