SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DARPA Game – “ACTUV Tactics”
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-11, 08:36 AM   #1
BWShellShocked
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Game Won't Play

Windows 7 32bit Business
4GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 1GB VRAM
1TB Disk

Seemed to install fine, but when I run it, the icon minimizes to the taskbar and will not maximize no matter what I try. If I click on it, I get a quick flash of the ACTUV screen and then instant minimize again. I've tried rebooting, uninstall/reinstall, set to XP 32bit compatibility mode, all to no avail.

Stumped..
BWShellShocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 08:58 AM   #2
stoppro
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 493

I had the same thing went to nvidia control panel and under globle settings unchecked antilaising and it worked but I have a 580 I don't know if the same will work for you.
Old 04-06-11, 09:21 AM   #3
Frying Tiger
Sonalysts Man

We'll get this added to the FAQ. Hardware antialiasing has apparently been an issue before.

"the atom-powered submarine: Her engines were to be a miracle of speed and power, her sides strong enough to withstand any blow... The mind of man had thought of everything - except that which was beyond his comprehension!"
Frying Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 11:51 AM   #4
BWShellShocked
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppro View Post
I had the same thing went to nvidia control panel and under globle settings unchecked antilaising and it worked but I have a 580 I don't know if the same will work for you.
I shut off antialias and antiscopic filtering, but still does the same thing
Old 04-06-11, 01:13 PM   #5
Frying Tiger
Sonalysts Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWShellShocked View Post
I shut off antialias and antiscopic filtering, but still does the same thing
Try going to the "My Documents" folder, and look for the "Sonalysts combat simulations" directory... There should be a DW ACTUV directory or sub-directory there. Find the "dangerouswaters.ini" file, open it up with notepad or wordpad (it's just a text file)... In the [Graphics] group, find "RunInWindow" and change it to "Yes". Save the file (don't let Notepad add a ".txt" to the end of the file name) See if that helps. There are a bunch of settings you can play with in there, if you mess it up just delete the file and ACTUV Tactics will rebuild the default file.

Thanks!

"the atom-powered submarine: Her engines were to be a miracle of speed and power, her sides strong enough to withstand any blow... The mind of man had thought of everything - except that which was beyond his comprehension!"
Frying Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 03:42 PM   #6
BWShellShocked
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frying Tiger View Post
Try going to the "My Documents" folder, and look for the "Sonalysts combat simulations" directory... There should be a DW ACTUV directory or sub-directory there. Find the "dangerouswaters.ini" file, open it up with notepad or wordpad (it's just a text file)... In the [Graphics] group, find "RunInWindow" and change it to "Yes". Save the file (don't let Notepad add a ".txt" to the end of the file name) See if that helps. There are a bunch of settings you can play with in there, if you mess it up just delete the file and ACTUV Tactics will rebuild the default file.

Thanks!
Bingo, that did it. Setting it to window=yes did the trick, thanks