SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-12, 04:10 AM   #1591
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
I present to you, BUCKETRIM!!!!
So you're a Bucketkiin?

Quote:
Everyone gets a bucket!

HunterICX
Old 04-19-12, 07:16 AM   #1592
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Does Vex stop running her mouth when you put the basket over her head? Because that would be awesome.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 03:48 PM   #1593
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
I'd pay 1.99 USD for the Bloody Mess perk from fallout New Vegas to be imported.

Same engine isn't it?

I was gonna show you guys my bucket of gems, but the save game corrupted. Back to CK2! Maybe in a few weeks. :p
Nope, different engine. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas use the old Gamebryo engine. Skyrim uses the new Creation engine.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 04:07 PM   #1594
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Does Vex stop running her mouth when you put the basket over her head? Because that would be awesome.
Can't you just kill her?
Old 04-19-12, 04:22 PM   #1595
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Can't you just kill her?
I dunno, do TG peeps become non-essential after you finish their main questline?

Not that it matters, I retired that character and I was prolly never going back there anyway.
Old 04-20-12, 04:55 PM   #1596
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Old 04-20-12, 05:23 PM   #1597
Kapitän Schneider
Engineer

Downloads: 34

Don't know if it's been posted here yet. But some of us can relate to this guy.

http://www.dorkly.com/article/27365/...nger-of-skyrim

The victorious strategist only seeks battle, after the victory has been won.

Also known as Brandenburger and Zirran elsewhere.
Kapitän Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-12, 05:29 PM   #1598
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän Schneider View Post
Don't know if it's been posted here yet. But some of us can relate to this guy.

http://www.dorkly.com/article/27365/...nger-of-skyrim

"Bury me with my Alduin statue."

Old 04-21-12, 11:06 AM   #1599
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
You know, The Imperial soldiers really need their pants while patrolling in Skyrim.
Tullius needs them at least, because I got a pretty good look at his stems during the big speech before we took Windhelm. Maybe it was just the lighting but all I could think was, dude you should NOT go out in public in a miniskirt.
Old 04-21-12, 09:48 PM   #1600
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Just curious; it's my first time playing a warrior that doesn't kill with stealth and arrows. What do you guys prefer? 1H Sword/Mace & Shield? 2h Sword or Hammer or Axe? Or put points into all three..?

Just wondering. I'm playing an Orc who stays mainly in the Strongholds. I managed to get the Mace of Molag Bal, however now I also managed to get Volendruung. I look like a badass with the Warhammer, however when I fight I feel like I'm too slow (especially compared to my last stealthy characters..)
Old 04-22-12, 06:43 AM   #1601
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

For the warrior type you mentioned I usually played a traditional Nord barbarian with the emphasized skills being Two-Handed, Light Armor and Smithing. My preference in weapons was battle axes, as I found them to be a good balance of power and speed. Hammers are too slow for my liking, and greatswords just don't hit hard enough.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 01:23 PM   #1602
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
For the warrior type you mentioned I usually played a traditional Nord barbarian with the emphasized skills being Two-Handed, Light Armor and Smithing. My preference in weapons was battle axes, as I found them to be a good balance of power and speed. Hammers are too slow for my liking, and greatswords just don't hit hard enough.
Hmm, sounds good. The big thing I noticed off the bat was how quickly my Stamina got drained when just running in Heavy Armor compared to the Light stuff I'm used to.

After trying out a few things I've found some weapons that I like:

- Volendruung, the war hammer is pretty nice. Hits like a ton of bricks but is a little slow.
- Headsmans Axe, does OK damage but has a really really (really) long reach.
- Wuuthrad. I'm the Harbringer now, what can I say.
-Molag Bal w/ Ysgramor's Shield.
- Double Scimitars or Molag Bal and an enchanted sword.

That's mostly what I've got access to atm, however I'm planing on completing the Ebony Blade quest, which will be nice because the damage will be based off of my 1H sword skill (which is fairly high) but also levels my 2h skill (which will let me use other things as well.)

Cheers! Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-22-12, 01:28 PM   #1603
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I decided on 2h weapons only for the current PC and it really is an adjustment after playing sword and board for so long with my last one. I'd forgotten how many hits you sometimes have to take before you can really get swinging. I died a lot early on from not paying close enough attention to the damage I was taking. I don't know if I'd want to play 2H in light armor, low level heavy was bad enough, lol.

If you can survive long enough to get some perks in 2H and for your armor type, and get a weapon that does decent enough damage, and be smart about how you go about attacking (I still use archery as a preferred initial attack when possible, and try to do as much damage as I can before getting within melee distance)... 2H can be really fun. Especially when you get to the point where you can go toe to toe with an enemy and one- or two-hit them. I had a Daedric warhammer on one character, with a decap perk, and that was awesome. But my armor rating and health/stamina were also leveled up pretty high, so I could stand there and just take it until I got the critical hit.

Edited for new screenies:

I can haz killcam? Why yes, kitteh, yes you can haz.

Really, Stenvar? Because this fort is falling down. And on fire. Also there is a dragon attacking it. Maybe you should set your sights a little higher, is what I'm saying.

First, we bow to our opponent. THEN WE KILL HIM. (Actually that's the end of the downstroke on the killmove, I just didn't hit PrintScreen quickly enough.)

Came back through Whiterun after taking Fort Neugrad. On the road north past the city, I got my first random dragon attack. I guess the farm there took some damage to the fences, or someone left a gate open in all the confusion, because afterwards this guy just comes walking up the road like he knows exactly where he's going. And then he walked under the dragon skeleton and just... stopped. SILLY COW WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT IS NOT YOUR BARN!

"Hey, Stenvar... I can see my house from here!" Well, not really, but on returning to Windhelm from our success in Falkreath the newly dubbed Bone-Breaker was granted permission to buy property in the city. Now she just needs the cash.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 04-22-12 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-22-12, 01:45 PM   #1604
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

After six months, I'm surprised there hasn't been a peep out of Bethesda regarding any major DLC or expansions. I saw they filed a trademark on the name "Dawnguard" but that doesn't tell us much.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 05:55 PM   #1605
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Best. Mod. EVER.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote