SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-13, 05:23 PM   #1456
ryejar333
Watch

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

Hello. I had the same prob. as above on crashing to desktop after silentotto. I think my prob was that I have never played SH5 before, only SH4.
In SH4 I placed my install of the game directly on the C: drive on my computer. Then modded it.
I did the same thing with SH5 and had the same issue as listed above.
After reinstalling and examining the issue I realized that a internet connection had to be made to U Play. I placed my game in the Ubisoft folder and it solved my problem.
I am no expert on the issue, just got SH5 this week, and I'm a modding idiot. However, with this issue, moveing the game from C: drive to the Ubisoft folder did seem to work.

I would like to thank Sober, subsim, and everyone involved with modding, fixing, and improving this game. The amount of time and effort put on such a project is staggering. SIncerely, Thank You.
ryejar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 05:34 PM   #1457
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryejar333 View Post
Hello. I had the same prob. as above on crashing to desktop after silentotto. I think my prob was that I have never played SH5 before, only SH4.
In SH4 I placed my install of the game directly on the C: drive on my computer. Then modded it.
After reinstalling and examining the issue I realized that a internet connection had to be made to U Play. I placed my game in the Ubisoft folder and it solved my problem.
I am no expert on the issue, just got SH5 this week, and I'm a modding idiot. However, with this issue, moveing the game from C: drive to the Ubisoft folder did seem to work.

I would like to thank Sober, subsim, and everyone involved with modding, fixing, and improving this game. The amount of time and effort put on such a project is staggering. SIncerely, Thank You.
What do you mean by placed the game in the Ubisoft folder ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 05:49 PM   #1458
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
What do you mean by placed the game in the Ubisoft folder ?
He may be talking about where U Play is installed. For windows 7 64bit it would be.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft

That's also where you can delete the SH5 saves if you desire. Keeps from having to go into the game and deleting them.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 05:50 PM   #1459
Harcor
Sailor man

Downloads: 144

Hey Sober, can you help me on this Issue?

I would love to have stormy´s DBSM files in your mod

Is this possible?
What should I take out and where should i put them in?

Thanks

I am speeking of this files.

Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6

sorry if i am getting on you´re nerves.

thanks thanks

Harcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 05:54 PM   #1460
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcor View Post
Hey Sober, can you help me on this Issue?

I would love to have stormy´s DBSM files in your mod

Is this possible?
What should I take out and where should i put them in?

Thanks

I am speeking of this files.

Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6

sorry if i am getting on you´re nerves.

thanks thanks
Look at the dbsm thread . Stormy instructions on what mod order you need .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 06:24 PM   #1461
ryejar333
Watch

Downloads: 134

I placed it in, Computer - Drive (C): - Ubisoft - Silent Hunter 5. Which I believe is the correct installation.

I am a newb and only played SH4, so by my mistake I originally placed the file in, Computer - Drive (C):- Silent Hunter 5. Bypassing the Ubisoft folder.
When I played SH4 I used to always place my game files directly on the C: drive. I did not do the recommended install.

One other thing I did differently, was to go through the mods and delete the documentation, as suggested. While doing so I also discovered mod lists inside a single mod. So I extracted the mod lists and only used the ones suggested in Sobers list. For example, New UIs TDC by the Darkwrath has a Mods folder in it. I opened the folder and placed those MOds in my main Mods folder (The one in SH5).
I am sure the things I am describing are elementry at best. But, by doing I have gotten the game to work.

The only problems I have encountered so far is that when using real navigation, the navigator does not place a mark on the map for a fix. The game froze a bit and by hitting esc. it came back up. ALso when doing the tutorial it froze and went to desktop once. However, I disabled the real nav. for first camp. cause i figure I had better learn the basics first before trying to figure where I am, and where I'm going.
It was prob my fault because looking at the text script in New UI, and then looking at the text script in New UI real navigator it looked like the scripts were the same and with the appropriate changes already done to them. So I didn't copy and paste anything.

I am a modding idiot, I just hope this info may help. If I'm screwing things up let me know. TY all.
ryejar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 06:33 PM   #1462
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
so by my mistake I originally placed the file in, Computer - Drive (C):- Silent Hunter 5. Bypassing the Ubisoft folder.
Ah I see, that makes more sense.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-13, 07:37 PM   #1463
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Default Thank you for the input.

Quote:

I had my SH5 installed in the ubisoft folder on my C drive so that wasnt the problem. Appreciate the input though. I am going to uninstall everything and start over.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 08:51 AM   #1464
SuneG
Swabbie

Downloads: 299

Thanks alot sober
SuneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 08:13 PM   #1465
mcabrear
Swabbie

Downloads: 64
Default Problem SH5 after installing Sober lists of MOD

Hi everybody,

I'm new in SH5 and after installing the game I went to Sobers megamod and install each mod, one by one, in the correct order.

Everything runs as expected until the installation of NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByThe Dark Wraith. When I launched the program (with administrator rights and from the base, before the patrol), the screen become a mess, with different white boxes in the middle of the screen , with different menus, one over the others (see attached).

Anybody has a clue on what could do to solve this problem ? I'm runnng SH5 from a laptop I5 processor, intel HD graphics 4000, 4GB RAM.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2441.jpg (87.1 KB, 26 views)
mcabrear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 08:14 PM   #1466
Grizwald
Seaman

Downloads: 184

I am having some trouble getting the OptionsFileEditorViewer to load, it gives a blank screen, do i need to set up the file paths a certain way. I am trying to just enable the snorkel but haven't figured it out.
I have the latest release of Darkwraith's UI
Any info would be great.
Grizwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 10:03 PM   #1467
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabrear View Post
Hi everybody,

I'm new in SH5 and after installing the game I went to Sobers megamod and install each mod, one by one, in the correct order.

Everything runs as expected until the installation of NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByThe Dark Wraith. When I launched the program (with administrator rights and from the base, before the patrol), the screen become a mess, with different white boxes in the middle of the screen , with different menus, one over the others (see attached).

Anybody has a clue on what could do to solve this problem ? I'm runnng SH5 from a laptop I5 processor, intel HD graphics 4000, 4GB RAM.

Thank you in advance.
This looks like a corrupt or incorrectly unpacked archive. I would strongly recommend that you:
1) re-download the ui
2) unpack it with 7-zip
3) read the instructions and pick correct folders to put into your MODS folder
4) configure the options file with OptionsFileEditorViewer that comes with the mod.
5) disable all other mods for now, just try and make this one work properly
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 10:04 PM   #1468
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizwald View Post
I am having some trouble getting the OptionsFileEditorViewer to load, it gives a blank screen, do i need to set up the file paths a certain way. I am trying to just enable the snorkel but haven't figured it out.
I have the latest release of Darkwraith's UI
Any info would be great.
yes. I would strongly recommend reading the first page of this topic, as sober describes the entire process very thoroughly.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 01:16 AM   #1469
Grizwald
Seaman

Downloads: 184

Thanks Targor, I looked it over again and believe I have done everything correctly, but just do not see how to set the file paths up in the Options File Editor / Viewer. I'm sure I'm missing something on the 1st page. Sorry for that if I did.

All my mods are working correctly in game but now in the later years of the war I am in need of the snorkel. Just not able to get to the screen where I can set the snorkel value to true. I have attached a pic of what I am seeing, I'm guessing the path must be wrong. Thanks again for any info any of you may have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (83.1 KB, 30 views)
Grizwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 04:06 AM   #1470
panosskg
Watch

Downloads: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizwald View Post
Thanks Targor, I looked it over again and believe I have done everything correctly, but just do not see how to set the file paths up in the Options File Editor / Viewer. I'm sure I'm missing something on the 1st page. Sorry for that if I did.

All my mods are working correctly in game but now in the later years of the war I am in need of the snorkel. Just not able to get to the screen where I can set the snorkel value to true. I have attached a pic of what I am seeing, I'm guessing the path must be wrong. Thanks again for any info any of you may have.

hello friend and i have the same problem and someone send me this for helphttp://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49239
panosskg is offline   Reply With Quote