Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-18, 03:16 PM   #1
Badileus
Watch

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Boot Sound Mod Problems and other questions

Hi,

after years i wanted to try SH5 again and installed it (original DVD-Version) with Patch 1.02 and the newest TWoS.

I tried to install Winkelmanders Boot Sound mod (ver 1.05, only the speech part, with JSGME), because i liked it in SH3 so much. But it doesnt seem to work right here with SH5:

-When someone speaks, I hear now both versions at the same time (stock and Mod). I looked in the folder and indeed there are now ogg- and lipbin-files of the same name. Have I to delete all the lipbin-files manually (a bit troublesome, because not all files are changed)?
-The volume seems VERY low, hardly to understand in relation to other (stock) speech and Sounds.
-I hear a very annoying short click/rattling-Sound in regular intervalls (every 2-3 seconds, after diving).
-The main theme from "Das Boot" plays all the time, even if i only installed the speech part.

One other (minor) thing, which i find strange and bothers me: In the hydrophone room, why is the wall on the left side covered with all these big gauges, even the engine telegraph (if i remember right, it was the same in SH3)? I dont think they are supposed to be there...

Thanks in advance for any tips/solutions!

----------------
Intel i-7 2600K 3.4 GHz
ASUS P8P67 REV 3.1
Windows 7 64 bit
Geforce 1060 GTX
Badileus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 03:31 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Badileus!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 03:50 PM   #3
Badileus
Watch

Downloads: 10

Oh, I just saw that two files of the same name (lipbin and ogg) are normal and have been there before. Now I understand even less, why I hear double voices with the Boot sound Mod.
Badileus is offline   Reply With Quote