SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-09-17, 01:50 PM   #4126
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Propbeanie,
Sorry to say I don't know because I didn't have the volume turned on. I tried getting closer to Truk as so to get a look at convey. The last time I ran the mission , I drew a 23 nm circle from the center of the convey. I stayed outside the circle and went to the southern end of the island. As I got close to 23 nm circle, around 08:00 hrs, I would suffer a CTD. I'm not at home at the moment, baby sitting my one month old grandson as his mom goes to run some errands.
Larry
Grandkids are way more fun...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 05:37 PM   #4127
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0
Default REQUEST

Hi everyone - I have a request

So - I have the latest build installed. And in spite of using LAA on my exe, I still cannot get the museum to load.

I need screenshots of all the IJN units in the current build

A tedious task I know.

But if someone here is using the latest build (0.56 I think?), and their museum works, any chance you could take a load of screenshots for me?

Ideally you would go through each IJN ship class, and take a shot of every single IJN unit

Preferably with the recognition book open - that would really help ,me out

Many thanks in advance

PS
Old hands around here may have already figured out why I need these

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 05:38 PM   #4128
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57
I have noticed that keyboard shortcut to the Torpedo Management screen (I) doesn't work. When using the key, you go directly to Damage Control screen.
That keyboard issue of the Torpedo Management "I" key going to the Damage Control screen is in the game alright, I've run into it too. It's a stock game problem....been with the game for years. I figured out why, the fix will be in our up and coming 0.56 beta. I'm going to look over the remainder of the posted file and get this next "fix" to Double R soon....maybe tonight. I've had to change the Q-Ref_Cards and the "Help" file to describe the changes.

I can report the "extraction" process went without a hitch, it had no issues while decompressing.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 06:07 PM   #4129
propbeanie

CapnScurvy, can you check your TC, and change stations, see if it works as intended? thanks.

Old 03-09-17, 06:09 PM   #4130
propbeanie

max-peck, your Museum doesn't work? You've got a rather strong computer I thought... I'll look here in a few minutes and see what I get. I haven't checked it since v0.53 I think...

Are you after just the war ships, the merchants, the planes, or all of them? PDF format do OK?...

Whoops! forgot! It runs fine on my machine, old core2 duo Quad core with 8 gig of ram and an old ATI PCIe card that doesn't even have a fan on it (4400??). If you've got a lot of background Windows stuff running, you could use a "game booster" app and "kill" some of the processing before you start to use the game, or maybe your LAA isn't set correctly on the SH4.exe file (is it write-enable??)...

Last edited by propbeanie; 03-09-17 at 06:26 PM. Reason: dingbat forgot Whoops!!!
Old 03-09-17, 06:16 PM   #4131
propbeanie

Default The continuing saga of the Truk Islands...

I just got finished with another adventure to Truk, on the East side by where Larry has had issues. More evidence, maybe...

OK, first of all, here's the Large Split Merchant sinking... "It's going down, Sir!":

It's in about 30 foot of water, it does make it under the waves... love that smoke, btw...

Yet the game doesn't "track" the sinking. This is a bit after I finished with the rest of the grabs:

see the little 500 circle I drew? That's were he was... The big circle to right of that is where I ~wanted~ to shoot him, but he stopped... The two double-X-marks the spot to the left, is where the two below where...

So I took off wandering, and came upon these guys just past the island:

They sure are chummy...

The double-X-hulled patrol boats from the stern. No one seems to be too concerned in either of the crews... ~This~ is another issue.

From what I've observed in almost a dozen trips to Truk thus far, is that one half of the vessels I do see have run aground. This is the first "merged spawn" that I've seen, but I'm sure there's more. These have to be in the Jap_HarborTraffic file.

Here we are beneath. At this spot, seems plenty deep. Seems. I have my doubts they spawned near here, but I haven't looked closely at the files yet...

Just for fun, on the way out, I took me some pictures of the flora and fauna...

CapnScurvy, or any of you others in-the-know with the graphics: Is this OK, having a gun emplacement hanging 2/3 of the way off of the hillside?...

I'll keep digging into this aspect, but who remembers Stock, and some of the "crash and burns" from it. Is this just more of the same? I used to never get in this close to any place like this. I absolutely detest shallow water during daylight hours...

I forgot to mention that there were no issues with audio this time, so something with the interim build?...

Old 03-09-17, 06:34 PM   #4132
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You've got a rather strong computer I thought... I'll look here in a few minutes and see what I get.
Only a few months old so yeah - pretty strong

May be an install issue
I am going to completely delete and reinstall

Quote:
Are you after just the war ships, the merchants, the planes, or all of them? PDF format do OK?...
Only the Japanese Warships

SH4 saves all screenshots as JPEGS (I Think?)

If you want to save all the screenies as a PDF that is cool

Or alternatively put all these JPEGS in a folder, zip it up, and upload it to Area51

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 03-09-17, 06:38 PM   #4133
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
or maybe your LAA isn't set correctly on the SH4.exe file (is it write-enable??)...
Just checked that - the exe is not locked

Good idea though, I had forgotten about that

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 03-09-17, 07:40 PM   #4134
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Default Oh Dear...

Gents,

Another old problem has re-surfaced... Unless it's my system.

Non Textured guns again...

And in game in a single mission:

image cdn free

Last edited by s7rikeback; 03-09-17 at 08:04 PM. Reason: New photo added
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:17 PM   #4135
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Default Thanks Team, you're the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
That keyboard issue of the Torpedo Management "I" key going to the Damage Control screen is in the game alright, I've run into it too. It's a stock game problem....been with the game for years. I figured out why, the fix will be in our up and coming 0.56 beta. I'm going to look over the remainder of the posted file and get this next "fix" to Double R soon....maybe tonight. I've had to change the Q-Ref_Cards and the "Help" file to describe the changes.

I can report the "extraction" process went without a hitch, it had no issues while decompressing.
Thanks CapnScurvy!

Quote:
The continuing saga of the Truk Islands...
Propbeanie, glad that you're able to get close to Truk Island.

Back to work tomorrow. Got to pay the bills.
Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 08:30 PM   #4136
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
CapnScurvy, can you check your TC, and change stations, see if it works as intended? thanks.
Will do, I've not checked those things yet. Are there specific things you're noticing?

========

s7rikeback, I'll take a look at the Yubari, and let you know.

========

Propbeanie, I don't think there's an issue with a gun bunker sitting on the side of a hill as shown. It should still shoot as expected.

The bigger issue are those ships that merge with each other. Either they need greater separation during placement, or their .zon files are messed up. The ships should avoid collision at all costs...so not to have what their doing occur. Their damage model could be missing?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 09:21 PM   #4137
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Only a few months old so yeah - pretty strong

May be an install issue
I am going to completely delete and reinstall

Only the Japanese Warships

SH4 saves all screenshots as JPEGS (I Think?)

If you want to save all the screenies as a PDF that is cool

Or alternatively put all these JPEGS in a folder, zip it up, and upload it to Area51
Actually SH4 saves the screenshots as BMPs. The screenshots have to be converted to jpegs. If pb doesn't beat me to it I'll have your museaum screenshots for you a little later tonight and upload them to Area 51 for you.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 09:40 PM   #4138
propbeanie

Yeah, I'm not gonna get to it tonight for max-peck there, cdrsubron7, I've taken ill and am just checking in...

CapnScurvy, the TC does stop at 2048, as intended, but every once in a while, like twice a cruise (??), when changing stations, the TC does NOT drop back down. I was on a 16x while on the chart screen, watching my turn, lining up a shot approach, went to the periscope and the scope was ~UP~! But the world was bouncing all over the place like crazy. Then I noticed the TC was still at 16x. That would explain the periscope appearing to have been up. It just went up really fast... Went back to the chart, and went to 1x. Had it earlier in a Single Mission with similar circumstances, where changing stations does not drop the TC back. This is useful under some circumstances, but not all, of course .

As for the collision stuff, from what I've seen at Pearl and Brisbane, and now at Dutch Harbor and Truk, when a vessel backs up, neither it nor the victim seem to realize that there has been a collision. I've got a screenie downstairs I can post tomorrow of a PT boat at Dutch Harbor doing all kinds of weird across the bay... then at Truk, these ships, merchants and warship alike, are constantly running into the "reefs", standing still for 5-10 minutes, then backing up for miles at a time, to only then pull forward on just a slightly changed bearing, right back into the same situation they were in previously, sometimes worse. Heaven forbid if there's another vessel behind them when they reverse, or you can end up with what's shown above. The odd thing is, if either one tries to pull ahead, they will start the destructive process and start taking damage... Transparent sterns?...

Finally, s7rikeback... that's the same Yubari we've had issues with before, isn't it? I still can't figure out why the Pensacola doesn't "spawn" in an RGG. Get all kinds of the other CA, but I haven't seen a Pensacola in forever...

Old 03-09-17, 10:45 PM   #4139
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Here ya go, max. As requested.

IJN Warships jpg

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 03:35 AM   #4140
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Actually SH4 saves the screenshots as BMPs. The screenshots have to be converted to jpegs. If pb doesn't beat me to it I'll have your museaum screenshots for you a little later tonight and upload them to Area 51 for you.
That's kind of you mate
You can leave 'em as BMP files, I have Photoshop

Many thanks 😁

FOTRS Ultimate