SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-10, 01:26 AM   #31
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302
Uploads: 0

Fantastic mod thanks, and all fine for me except a problem with the persicope.

I find that if you lower the obs scope with the page down key when in the command room, then go to another screen, ie map or outside, then come back again, it has risen again every time!

I think there may be a conflict with another mod I am running, but if you could post your mod list, it would be quick to sort out?

Thanks again for a great job
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 02:43 AM   #32
lavr
Swabbie

Downloads: 52

My max resolution is 1280 by 1024. I tried this mode and can not get right UI. I can not see torpedo panel. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Thank you
lavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 05:34 AM   #33
Hans Hansen
Loader

Downloads: 216
Default Some issues

Hi

so I have been playing with this mod for a while and like it, but there are a few things I noticed:
1. the idiosyncratic periscope
2. sometimes the coordinates on the map are not there, just the grid shows up, which makes finding a certain position quite difficult
3. transfering from Bremerhaven to Lorient, Lorient was gone
4. the boat can dive with me on the bridge - Aqualung-style
5. approaching a convoi I could not open the hatch and thus not dive (except as Aqualung) - was sunk by a destroyer
6. sometimes the map tools appear on the upper right as a toolbar (SH3-style), sometimes on the lower left as graphics
7. part of the gui (e.g. message box) appears on the briefing screen as well
8. find it hard to remember who is doing what on the officers panel - always searching for the right guy - but maybe that is just me and my old head

Gute Jagd!
Hans Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 10:19 AM   #34
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavr View Post
My max resolution is 1280 by 1024. I tried this mode and can not get right UI. I can not see torpedo panel. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Thank you
This will run at that resolution, just everything is much bigger. I designed the Interface that everyting is hidden when you enter a scope. To reveal/hide apanel etc you click its relevant button at the bottom of the screen .
This way you can have the torpedo panel visible and the TDC panels hidden etc.
This makes it easier to play at the lower resolutions, otherwise the Torpedo panel would be blocked out behind the TDC panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Hansen View Post
Hi

so I have been playing with this mod for a while and like it, but there are a few things I noticed:
1. the idiosyncratic periscope
2. sometimes the coordinates on the map are not there, just the grid shows up, which makes finding a certain position quite difficult
3. transfering from Bremerhaven to Lorient, Lorient was gone
4. the boat can dive with me on the bridge - Aqualung-style
5. approaching a convoi I could not open the hatch and thus not dive (except as Aqualung) - was sunk by a destroyer
6. sometimes the map tools appear on the upper right as a toolbar (SH3-style), sometimes on the lower left as graphics
7. part of the gui (e.g. message box) appears on the briefing screen as well
8. find it hard to remember who is doing what on the officers panel - always searching for the right guy - but maybe that is just me and my old head

Thanks Hans,
1. Will look into things a bit further regarding the Obs Periscope
and see whats issuing the rise obs command.
2. I haven't done anything regarding coordinates, does this happen alot.
3. Again don't see how this Mod is effecting that, but will look into it.
4. Yes, I has going to do a tranport to Sonar station (The only transport I can get working) - but it is totally unrealistic.
I decided to leave as is, after all if you give the dive command and stay on deck your looking for trouble .
5. If weather is bad this is due to waves and is a stock bug.
6. The tool button allows you to select between both types of tool sets. Just keep pressing to cycle between the two types.
7. Thanks will shift it further down so as not to appear onscreen.
8. Orders are more or less broken down to who does what - there is alist of commands in a post above to show what is available to each officer.
Also if you hover the mouse above an order the name of the order appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal101 View Post
Also I still cant find the dept under keel order via navigator am I missing something

Regards
Rascal
Hi Rascall you'll fing it in the Navigators page of the Officers Clipboard.
Accesed from the Top right Panel - The officers icon.

Its the fifth iorder icon (The sub with an arrow to the seabed)
Hover the mouse above it and it shows: Get depth under sub keel

Edit: For those wanting my Mod list order:

This is my JGSME install

[MODS]
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2 Stock w beards=1
Environment 3.1=2 (This is V3.0 and 3.1 Merged together)
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.1=3
SteelViking&Community's Underwater Mod =4
HiDef Realistic Interface V1.0 =5

Afraid thats all I'm running. Haven't played SH5 Yet.
Only being Modding and testing so far - hence the lack of running mods.

Last edited by reaper7; 08-05-10 at 10:30 AM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 12:23 PM   #35
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Hey reaper7, I was just wondering if you were able to get the interior camera to zoom. You know, so people can get an even bigger eyeful of the interior

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 12:38 PM   #36
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Hey reaper7, I was just wondering if you were able to get the interior camera to zoom. You know, so people can get an even bigger eyeful of the interior
Sorry, forgot all about that - will have a go .
Old 08-05-10, 12:46 PM   #37
Hans Hansen
Loader

Downloads: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post

2. I haven't done anything regarding coordinates, does this happen alot.
3. Again don't see how this Mod is effecting that, but will look into it.
I cleaned up my modlist a bit and changed their order and I have no issues with the map anymore, so I think it had nothing to do with your mod.

Oh, one more thing. Can I get rid of these silly 1 2 3 -thingies? And personally I'd find a bearing indicator in the binoculars quite helpful.

BTW: I use the menu.txt from TDW's mod, translated to german by Paco, stripped off the TDW-code and added a couple of things missing - works great as far as I can see...

Gute Jagd!
Hans Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 04:03 PM   #38
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Hansen View Post
I cleaned up my modlist a bit and changed their order and I have no issues with the map anymore, so I think it had nothing to do with your mod.

Oh, one more thing. Can I get rid of these silly 1 2 3 -thingies? And personally I'd find a bearing indicator in the binoculars quite helpful.

BTW: I use the menu.txt from TDW's mod, translated to german by Paco, stripped off the TDW-code and added a couple of things missing - works great as far as I can see...
Thats great Hans, glad the map is working ok .
As for the Noob targeting. You can disable that permanetly by heading back to port, when docked go to options and turn Manual TDC ON.
Or you can turn it on/off from the Xo recognition manual.
When you open it you have the option to turn Maunal Targeting on/off.

My Mod requires it to be in Manual Mode to work properly.
A lot of functions will not work eg the RAOBF dials etc if in Auto TDC.
I looking at putting a small bearing indicator in the compass on the binocular page. I was trying to get the Compass inner to rotate to show bearing - but bearing dial will not work in the binocular page only compass .
Old 08-05-10, 04:16 PM   #39
reaper7
sim2reality

Camera Aspect patches for my Hidef Realism Interface Mod.

Includes Aspect ratios for:

4:3
5:4
8:5
16:9

These aspect ration patches alow the proper use of the RAOBF Dials for the corresponding monitor resolutions that you use.

Just extract the required Ratio into the Mods folder via JGSME

Download here (Link in first post also):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2753
Old 08-05-10, 04:36 PM   #40
robbythesub
Captain

Thanks Reaper- just the Periscope issue for me that is causing problems now.
Old 08-05-10, 08:02 PM   #41
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

So far everything works fine. One question though how come the OBS Scope comes up everytime I bring up my Binocs?
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 12:00 AM   #42
ncorpuz34
A-ganger

Downloads: 118

The link for the english TDC seems to be invalid...
Old 08-06-10, 08:41 AM   #43
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythesub View Post
Thanks Reaper- just the Periscope issue for me that is causing problems now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
So far everything works fine. One question though how come the OBS Scope comes up everytime I bring up my Binocs?
Looking into this one, baffling the hell out of me as I can't replicate the problem - works perfectly for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncorpuz34 View Post
The link for the english TDC seems to be invalid...
Thanks, will correct the link.
Old 08-06-10, 10:50 AM   #44
robbythesub
Captain

@reaper- just to be more clear about what happens, the attack scope is fine, so the problem is only with the obs scope.
After starting a saved game, there is no problem with the scope being in the down position until such time as you use it, and then the problem of it rising continues to happen until you stop the game and then restart again.

Also, when using the obs scope, at periscope depth, it remains just below the waterline when using the up / down buttons new in your interface.

The only way to then see above the waterline is to use the page up key to raise it further and raise the sub to around 10 metres depth.

I remember this issue happening in SH3 once with a new mod but cant remember which one it was.

Otherwise this is great work and I am really enjoying it thanks.
Old 08-06-10, 12:47 PM   #45
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythesub View Post
@reaper- just to be more clear about what happens, the attack scope is fine, so the problem is only with the obs scope.
After starting a saved game, there is no problem with the scope being in the down position until such time as you use it, and then the problem of it rising continues to happen until you stop the game and then restart again.

Also, when using the obs scope, at periscope depth, it remains just below the waterline when using the up / down buttons new in your interface.

The only way to then see above the waterline is to use the page up key to raise it further and raise the sub to around 10 metres depth.

I remember this issue happening in SH3 once with a new mod but cant remember which one it was.

Otherwise this is great work and I am really enjoying it thanks.
Hmmm, maybe this is related to the relastic obs periscope heights that I added to the Mod.
As the Obs scope is now lower in the sub when it rises the avatar looks thru it at floor level rather whereas in stock it was at waist level.
This means the obs scope never raises fully while looking thru it and why when you click the Fully raise Scope button it raise a few more feet.
Maybe I should put the Obs scope back to stock levels till something else is figured out .

Also in case your not aware of it if you look at the control box under the periscope height level there are 2 buttons and a lever.
The buttons have the following commands - Fully raise scope and Fully lower scope. While the lever allows gradual raising and lower of the scope to the height you want. (No need to use PgUp/PgDn).