SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-19, 08:19 PM   #7591
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Alright, are you getting a single "Ding!" out of a bell as you reach PD? The only time I hear bells (besides from when the wife whacks me with the cast iron skillet after "testing" SH4 too much) is for the Crash Dive:

For dive sounds... using the P or the D key should get you the regular "Ah-ooh-ga Ah-ooh-ga Dive!" Crash dive will get you what reminds me of my primary school's recess and period bell, that rings for five seconds or so, while you hear all sorts of "Give me 15° dive planes negative ballast..." blah blah and a similar though different "ah-ooh-ga ah-ooh-ga" horn blasts, and the telegraph goes to Ahead Flank. I get the same sounds each time I dive, consistent with the method used to dive, no matter what else happens around me, to the boat or anything else in the game, no matter how high I've gone with TC. So let's have you do some "testing" Fifi and anyone else with this.
From the surface:
1. Press the <P> key for periscope depth, and notate the sound you get. Surface again

2. Press the <D> key for dive (don't do time compression with this press), notate the sound and go however deep you want. Blow ballast to come back up to the surface.

3. Now press the <Ctrl><D> for "crash dive", notate the sound. Does your boat level-off at its crash dive depth? blow tanks again and come back to the surface.

4. As with following the instructions on a shampoo bottle, repeat. Stop whenever you get bored.
You could also try calling for Periscope Depth, change your mind, and do the <D> key before you get to PD, then do a <Ctrl><D> for crash dive right after that, and as long as you are above PD, you should get the sounds for all of them, even though you are no longer on the surface... just the nature of the game... Let us know what you get.

btw, I saw Heart open for Rush back in 1976 I guess (I had to do wikipedia to find the date... sheesh - I are old). St Louis MO, Fox Theatre, and it was the ~best~ sounding concert I was ever at. Only Lynyrd Skynyrd and Who at the St Louis Arena was a better show, and that was 1972 after Quadrophenia and Skynyrd's first album. Good times, yeah, good times. We were centered on the mezzanine, middle of the quad speakers. wow. LOUD!!!...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-19, 09:02 PM   #7592
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Alright, are you getting a single "Ding!" out of a bell as you reach PD? The only time I hear bells (besides from when the wife whacks me with the cast iron skillet after "testing" SH4 too much) is for the Crash Dive:

For dive sounds... using the P or the D key should get you the regular "Ah-ooh-ga Ah-ooh-ga Dive!" Crash dive will get you what reminds me of my primary school's recess and period bell, that rings for five seconds or so, while you hear all sorts of "Give me 15° dive planes negative ballast..." blah blah and a similar though different "ah-ooh-ga ah-ooh-ga" horn blasts, and the telegraph goes to Ahead Flank. I get the same sounds each time I dive, consistent with the method used to dive, no matter what else happens around me, to the boat or anything else in the game, no matter how high I've gone with TC. So let's have you do some "testing" Fifi and anyone else with this.
From the surface:
1. Press the <P> key for periscope depth, and notate the sound you get. Surface again

2. Press the <D> key for dive (don't do time compression with this press), notate the sound and go however deep you want. Blow ballast to come back up to the surface.

3. Now press the <Ctrl><D> for "crash dive", notate the sound. Does your boat level-off at its crash dive depth? blow tanks again and come back to the surface.

4. As with following the instructions on a shampoo bottle, repeat. Stop whenever you get bored.
You could also try calling for Periscope Depth, change your mind, and do the <D> key before you get to PD, then do a <Ctrl><D> for crash dive right after that, and as long as you are above PD, you should get the sounds for all of them, even though you are no longer on the surface... just the nature of the game... Let us know what you get.

btw, I saw Heart open for Rush back in 1976 I guess (I had to do wikipedia to find the date... sheesh - I are old). St Louis MO, Fox Theatre, and it was the ~best~ sounding concert I was ever at. Only Lynyrd Skynyrd and Who at the St Louis Arena was a better show, and that was 1972 after Quadrophenia and Skynyrd's first album. Good times, yeah, good times. We were centered on the mezzanine, middle of the quad speakers. wow. LOUD!!!...
Speaking of the Klaxon is there a way to get the Klaxon and the dive/emergency dive sounds turned down to the normal level of everything else? It is like four times the volume of every other sound. How would one go about turning those sounds down while turning up the sonar?

I go to sonar and then have to turn my volume up to hear things then turn it below a normal volume before I hit emergency dive or regular dive. One is so soft, one to loud.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-19, 11:00 PM   #7593
Michael Wood
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 314
Default S-Boats and Mark 14 torpedoes

The Mark 10 and Mark 14 torpedoes both had a 21" diameter. The Mark 14 was longer. Fleet boats could fire either. The Mark 14 was too long for the S-Boat tubes, so they could not fire them.

In TMO, the authors mistakenly reloaded Mark 14 torpedoes in the S-Boats when one returns to base. I always had to replace them with Mark 10s. In ultimate FOTRS, this bug remains. And, I have to pay 25 renown points to change Mark 14s to Mark 10s. Sad.
Michael Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 01:38 AM   #7594
propbeanie

FotRSU does not allow Mk14s on an Sboat, and it does not allow Mk10s on any from V-class up through all the Fleet Boats. It's not in the equipment files. If you are getting that, then there is a cross-contamination of your mod and / or Save files Michael Wood. That was done by CapnScurvy to prevent what you describe. It'd be best to de-activate the mod, and try again. You will most likely have to do a new SH4 install, and empty your Save folder in "My Documents", then try the mod again. If you want to run multiple mods and / or stock on the same computer, you could familiarize yourself with MultiSH4, and use that to segregate your Save folders.

@ merc4ulfate: Be sure you work on a copy of the file(s), and build yourself a mini-mod, but if you have S3Ditor, you can use it to open the Data/ Sounds / SH.SDL file. Use the Edit menu, Find, and search on "crash", and it'll take you right to the Submarine.IntCrashDive segment. In the right-hand portion of the window is a Volume: editable box and slider, which is sitting at 97. Try something like 50-60 initially, which will probably be too quiet. Notice toward the top of that section that there is a little "Play" button, so you can use that for your comparisons while in S3D. All I can find for the sonar station (besides the pings) is Ambient.Hydrophone, and that's just the background noise of the ocean, not the sound of the ships. I did find several, such as Ship.NCL_Dido.Propeller, and those might be the files to hear the props - but I do not know for certain on that...

Old 02-24-19, 03:14 AM   #7595
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
you may have a mod-soup.
try Webster's Mod Soup Fix.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...28#post1228828
I did this method, result remains the same.

@ Propbeanie
I really appreciate your help in trying to track my small FOTRSU weirdness
They remains insignificant in regard of the amazing mod, and they are by no mean a game breaker.
But whatever I try they are still there… and furthermore it seems i’m Alone with it.
So it might be my computer that doesn’t like this mod
I will see with next update i’ll Download if any change…

You are right, Lynyrd Skynyrd are awesome and one of my favorites
Ah-Oooh-Ga Ah-Oooh-Ga !
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 11:31 AM   #7596
italianmarine
A-ganger

Downloads: 42

I realized yesterday that the AA gun has problems. Either when the crew is manning it and even if I manually try to shoot down a plane. It is not aiming high. Could be that someone mentioned it already, but I hope that a fix will come soon.

Last edited by italianmarine; 02-24-19 at 06:33 PM.
italianmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 11:55 AM   #7597
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
FotRSU does not allow Mk14s on an Sboat, and it does not allow Mk10s on any from V-class up through all the Fleet Boats. It's not in the equipment files. If you are getting that, then there is a cross-contamination of your mod and / or Save files Michael Wood. That was done by CapnScurvy to prevent what you describe. It'd be best to de-activate the mod, and try again. You will most likely have to do a new SH4 install, and empty your Save folder in "My Documents", then try the mod again. If you want to run multiple mods and / or stock on the same computer, you could familiarize yourself with MultiSH4, and use that to segregate your Save folders.

@ merc4ulfate: Be sure you work on a copy of the file(s), and build yourself a mini-mod, but if you have S3Ditor, you can use it to open the Data/ Sounds / SH.SDL file. Use the Edit menu, Find, and search on "crash", and it'll take you right to the Submarine.IntCrashDive segment. In the right-hand portion of the window is a Volume: editable box and slider, which is sitting at 97. Try something like 50-60 initially, which will probably be too quiet. Notice toward the top of that section that there is a little "Play" button, so you can use that for your comparisons while in S3D. All I can find for the sonar station (besides the pings) is Ambient.Hydrophone, and that's just the background noise of the ocean, not the sound of the ships. I did find several, such as Ship.NCL_Dido.Propeller, and those might be the files to hear the props - but I do not know for certain on that...
I must respectfully disagree on the MK14 vs. MK10 statements you made above. After starting a new career, and reassignments that took my S-Class (S-36) boat from Cavite/Manila to Surabaya to Perth-Fremantle, we are preping for our 4th patrol, first out of Perth-Fremantle. The torpedo loadout was automatically set to 12 Mark 14's. I had to manually unload them and replace them with Mark 10's, at a cost of 25 points each. The date is April 3, 1942.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 04:40 PM   #7598
propbeanie

You should NOT be getting Mk14s on an SBoat... CapnScurvy has fixed this before... How did we go backwards again?...

The AA guns on my boat shoot straight, it's a matter of where I aim them, and what the planes' range is. When using the 20mm and 40mm single and twins, the shells will explode beyond the planes sometimes, and other times, they'll explode in front of the planes (which is better, if they drive into the shrapnel). It is advisable though, to avoid dealing with airplanes any other way than a Crash Dive!, performed in sufficient time to avoid them even being aware of your presence.

Old 02-25-19, 03:08 AM   #7599
italianmarine
A-ganger

Quote:
You should NOT be getting Mk14s on an SBoat... CapnScurvy has fixed this before... How did we go backwards again?...

The AA guns on my boat shoot straight, it's a matter of where I aim them, and what the planes' range is. When using the 20mm and 40mm single and twins, the shells will explode beyond the planes sometimes, and other times, they'll explode in front of the planes (which is better, if they drive into the shrapnel). It is advisable though, to avoid dealing with airplanes any other way than a Crash Dive!, performed in sufficient time to avoid them even being aware of your presence.
what I mean is, that it seems the AA gun is only shooting straight to the waterline. When I manually use it and I want to aim high, I see no vertical movement of the Browning. At a certain point it looks like only that the head is moving up.
Old 02-25-19, 03:16 AM   #7600
sperril
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianmarine View Post
what I mean is, that it seems the AA gun is only shooting straight to the waterline. When I manually use it and I want to aim high, I see no vertical movement of the Browning. At a certain point it looks like only that the head is moving up.
This is a known issue with the .50cal AA gun. It's should be fixed in the next build. The 20mm and 40mm AA don't have this issue.
sperril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 07:17 AM   #7601
italianmarine
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperril View Post
This is a known issue with the .50cal AA gun. It's should be fixed in the next build. The 20mm and 40mm AA don't have this issue.
ok thanks. then let`s hope the patch comes soon.

I realized also that the fire button for torpedoes is not working. Only if I use the Ctrl+Enter manually I was able to fire the torp.
Old 02-25-19, 07:21 AM   #7602
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Quote:

I realized also that the fire button for torpedoes is not working. Only if I use the Ctrl+Enter manually I was able to fire the torp.
This button is working fine here
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 09:17 AM   #7603
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:

Works fine on my rig. You may have something else going on there.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-19, 09:23 AM   #7604
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:

La combinazione di tasti "Ctrl+Invio" è voluto di proposito Italianmarine, per evitare di lanciare siluri inavvertitamente, nessun bug
Ciao
Old 02-25-19, 09:50 AM   #7605
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:

OPEN THE TORPEDO DOOR!

It's the "Q" Key.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote