SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-17, 11:17 PM   #1
arbter5
Watch

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Was i just transfered?

Its August 31 1944 I am currently en-rout to my patrol grid When I received a radio message... it reads

00:00 Radio Message
To: U-56
The base was changed to: Penang

I had tried to transfer to the 11th Flotilla before I left port but my request was denied which was odd, I've tried several times in my career to get to to a Norwegian port but no never got there though I was never denied the option to transfer to Brest or St. Nazaire so this was really odd.

Anyways my question is should I scrap my entire plan for the patrol and pray my VIIB has the fuel to make it or ignore it and continue as planned
arbter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 07:19 AM   #2
RConch
Captain

Downloads: 503

Unless you can refuel on the way-doubtful at that time in the War-you won't make it in a Type VIIB. Suez Canal should not be open to you.

BTW is the Suez Canal modeled in the game-I never go to the Med.
Old 04-04-17, 11:07 AM   #3
arbter5
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rconch View Post
Unless you can refuel on the way-doubtful at that time in the War-you won't make it in a Type VIIB. Suez Canal should not be open to you.

BTW is the Suez Canal modeled in the game-I never go to the Med.
I think the Suez Canal may be my only option at the moment (I'm not familiar with anything in the Med only ventured there once or twice just going off of where there's routs it look like I can move through) I don't believe there's any place to stop for fuel on the way. That's the part of the journey I'm worried about. Narrow, shallow and crawling with enemies my odds are not looking good right now especially sense we have pretty much lost everything in the Med

But that for sure means I've been transferred there? Is that normal when in the 2nd flotilla?

Last edited by arbter5; 04-04-17 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Added info in () to hopefully help understand my thought process
Old 04-04-17, 11:59 AM   #4
RConch
Captain

Downloads: 503

I don't know if you have been transferred. I always stay with the 7/13th so I have a Type VIIC. I believe the 2nd is long range boats mostly. Why are you driving an ancient VIIB in August '44? Should be a training boat.

To try for the East use a Type IXD2.
Old 04-04-17, 12:38 PM   #5
arbter5
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rconch View Post
I don't know if you have been transferred. I always stay with the 7/13th so I have a Type VIIC. I believe the 2nd is long range boats mostly. Why are you driving an ancient VIIB in August '44? Should be a training boat.

To try for the East use a Type IXD2.
Because I had been trough so much in this boat by the time the IXC was available I couldn't let her go and shes served me very well all these years, believe it or not I've sunk over a million tons with her and made a trip to Boston and back (and the Caribbean). I couldn't just let her be condemned to be a training boat. I know its a silly reason but shes my boat and no ones taken her from me

And I'm only in the situation because they denied my transfer to Norway

Last edited by arbter5; 04-04-17 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added info in ()
Old 04-04-17, 02:05 PM   #6
arbter5
Watch

I figured it out! when I go to the phone to apply for transfer 2nd flotilla isn't an option anymore and it moved me to the 10th flotilla. so basically I was transferred to the worst possible flotilla for me and sense I was just transferred I cannot apply for another and this flotilla seems to be packing up to move to Asia....

(Maybe not I just looked up the 10th flotilla and uboat.net says they went to Norway but I thought a lot of them went to Asia)

(The game also says I'm still in the 2nd but I'm actually in the 10th now so its glitched I've reloaded the save when returning to port but it wont correct itself so I may have to scrap the last patrol all together and transfer out before this happens again)

Last edited by arbter5; 04-04-17 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Added ()

Tags
sh3