Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-17, 12:32 PM   #76
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

She should find it in any well stocked drinks area of M&S

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-17, 06:49 AM   #77
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tonight will see the tasting for the first time of the last of the current garage bottled stock.

Brewed exclusively for M&S and described as 'rich and aromatic with lots of chocolate, dark fruit, and of course coffee flavours.' this was the least appealing of my recent selection if I'm to be honest....but tonight all will be revealed.

Old 07-17-17, 01:35 PM   #78
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658
Uploads: 0

Genesee Cream Ale.

Brewed by the Genesee Brewing Company of Rochester, NY... for many many years.

Water source is Hemlock Lake, unlike the storm drains other brewers use. But on occasion filtered water is used from the Genesee River. Especially the brown Spring run-off water that works it's way to Lake Ontario.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-17, 11:41 AM   #79
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Default St Austell "Proper Black" 6% ABV

When I poured this just now, as black as molasses, I thought... "I hope this isn't going to be sweet". It wasn't. It's a black IPA... and good and bitter. On the label it asks: "Controversial? A contradiction in terms? Is there such a thing as a black India Pale Ale?" I guess it's the roasted malt, but this was nothing like I expected; a good one for supping slowly.
Old 09-21-17, 11:53 AM   #80
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

This is my favourite pewter tankard. It has a very fine lip and beautiful shape, with a comfortable and decorative handle. I've no idea how old it is. Tonight it is filled with lovely "Golden Crown" ale.
Old 09-21-17, 02:49 PM   #81
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Bottoms up Cheers

blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 05:43 PM   #82
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 07:12 AM   #83
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Not a beer but a wicked little gin (distilled at the venue) I grew accustomed to whilst at my daughters wedding over the weekend.

Old 09-22-17, 04:45 PM   #84
STEED
Lucky Jack

^

I must protest we don't need this here, after all this is a beer thread about beer not spirits.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-23-17, 08:17 AM   #85
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-23-17, 10:34 AM   #86
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default really pithy humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not a beer but a wicked little gin (distilled at the venue) I grew accustomed to whilst at my daughters wedding over the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
^

I must protest we don't need this here, after all this is a beer thread about beer not spirits.
Be kind Steed!-now child-free, impoverished and on weight-watchers; poor Jim's just refighting the battle of GinGinILuvU

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 07:08 AM   #87
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Came across three bottles of this little beauty whilst going for my drink fix for tonight in one of the garages (I top the fridge up every morning in preparation for the evening).

At a little over £2 a bottle which includes a 5 pence charitable donation it is well worth a try.

Quote:
Swordfish ale is a unique blend of Wadworth beer and Pusser’s Navy Rum (rationed to the Navy during WWII) with an ABV of 5%, perfect for those who like to enjoy something a little different.

It was originally brewed to support the 100th year anniversary of the Fleet Air Arm, but is now available all year due to its incredible popularity.

The Fleet Air Arm is a charity which aims to raise awareness of the impact and influence of naval aviation and to keep the Navy’s historic aircraft flying. For every pint of Swordfish beer sold nationally, Wadworth donates 5p to the charity, Navy Wings.

So not only is it a real ale with a heart, but it’s packed with flavour. Swordfish has a gentle rum aroma and features dark, unrefined sugar adding a rich smoothness. It is a full-bodied, deep copper coloured ale with a base of crystal malt and delicate Fuggles and Goldings hops.
https://www.wadworth.co.uk/beer-and-...ers/swordfish/

Old 09-24-17, 12:43 PM   #88
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default what's in a name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
At a little over £2 a bottle which includes a 5 pence charitable donation it is well worth a try.

I note the clever, politically-incorrect marketing of this product! The brewer has deliberately left out 'Fairey' Swordfish to appeal to 'macho Brit' swillers' 'Britannia rules the waves' mantra. This possibly is missing a large market-share as the Royal Navy was famously run on 'buggery and the lash';.... so capture the LGBT market as well! This is a lot like the American Saturn auto dilemma; they knew it would never sell as...Uranus!??? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_Swordfish

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 09-24-17, 12:49 PM   #89
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I note the clever, politically-incorrect marketing of this product! The brewer has deliberately left out 'Fairey' Swordfish to appeal to 'macho Brit' swillers' 'Britannia rules the waves' mantra.

No bloody room on the label, they would have to remove the picture and the the results would see a sales slump. Its the picture that draws the crowds in to buy it.

Old 09-24-17, 12:59 PM   #90
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
No bloody room on the label, they would have to remove the picture and the the results would see a sales slump. Its the picture that draws the crowds in to buy it.
Bull! just put Fairey where it says Wadworth ; the increased LGBT market share will prove 'worth' the 'wad' increase!

Tags
beer