Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-15, 02:41 PM   #16
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
There have been more British civilians killed by the IRA and other Irish paramilitary organisations than who have been killed by Islamic extremists.
Both terrorist groups were and are funded by our allies too...makes you think.
Well if they were funded by the good guys then they must have been the considerably friendlier 'moderate' terrorist groups who go around killing people. Big difference you know between them and those 'radical' terrorist groups who go around killing people.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 02:48 PM   #17
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Well if they were funded by the good guys then they must have been the considerably friendlier 'moderate' terrorist groups who go around killing people. Big difference you know between them and those 'radical' terrorist groups who go around killing people.
Quite.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 03:16 PM   #18
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

I'm trying to figure out what kind of threat a 9 year old girl would pose to extremists to deserve being beheaded!?!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...tan/ar-BBmVSL0

I hope the animals who did this are vaporized like JJ in Iraq!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 04:15 PM   #19
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Reports coming in of automatic gunfire and 'an explosion' in central Paris.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203
Old 11-13-15, 04:17 PM   #20
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Oh Christ.
Old 11-13-15, 04:21 PM   #21
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
Oh Christ.
Indeed, hopefully police presence will be quick and decisive. It was most likely timed to coincide with the France vs Germany match so they know restaurants and bars would be busy, this kind of thing is a classic terrorist target. There would have been a heavy police presence about though so hopefully they'll be able to step in quickly.
Unfortunately there will have been casualties, and likely fatalities.
Old 11-13-15, 04:26 PM   #22
Oberon
Lucky Jack

The explosions are reported to have been grenades and at least two shootings have been reported. The grenades were detonated near the Stade de France where the France vs Germany match is taking place, as such no-one is now allowed to enter or leave the stadium. Hollande has been evacuated from the stadium. Reports of the French army being deployed.

EDIT: Gentleman talking to the BBC indicates that people told him that the attack at the restaurant was a drive-by.

Reports of a possible hostage situation at 'Le Bataclan' concert hall.

Last edited by Oberon; 11-13-15 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-13-15, 04:49 PM   #23
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
There have been more British civilians killed by the IRA and other Irish paramilitary organisations
I'm read some books on political Irish history and it is a complicated minefield. Just got hold of a rare book by Calton Younger

A State Of Disunion. Four Studies. Griffiths, Collins. Craig, De Valera.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 04:50 PM   #24
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

German media speaks of at least 18 fatalities, several shootings, explosions and a hostage situation in the Paris concert hall.
Old 11-13-15, 05:23 PM   #25
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I'm read some books on political Irish history and it is a complicated minefield. Just got hold of a rare book by Calton Younger

A State Of Disunion. Four Studies. Griffiths, Collins. Craig, De Valera.
Complicated is a definite understatement. I recall doing GCSE studies on the 'Troubles' back as the Good Friday Accords were being worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
German media speaks of at least 18 fatalities, several shootings, explosions and a hostage situation in the Paris concert hall.
Around a hundred hostages reported. Reports of 35-40 fatalities in the attacks so far. The France vs Germany game has ended but the stadium is still closed so most of the fans are wandering around on the pitch trying to figure out what has happened.

EDIT: The Californian band 'Eagles of Death Metal' were playing at the concert venue and were an hour into their gig when the hostage situation began.
Old 11-13-15, 05:43 PM   #26
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Way to early to point the finger at anyone until more information comes out, never the less another terrible event.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 05:47 PM   #27
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It's bad that the old thread is gone, ´cause in one of my post I wrote about ISIS and coordinated operations. I recall some replied my post and said that they couldn't do that.

Hearing on Danish News channel right now

This is a coordinated terror attack in a scale never seen before

I guess its time to see ISIS not as some toy terror group but a terror group with a skill almost equal a normal country

(I'm so sure its ISIS or some of its supporting groups who's behind this)

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 05:58 PM   #28
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Way to early to point the finger at anyone until more information comes out, never the less another terrible event.

I dont think you need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that it was not a bunch of 'all purpose' terrorists which have attacked France. In fact I'll go right ahead and say that it is Islamic terrorists.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 06:00 PM   #29
Oberon
Lucky Jack

There is a report that one of the hostage takers said something about Syria, so draw your own conclusions from that, obviously though it's too early to be certain and no-one has claimed responsibility, but it's probably a local cell so Daesh central in Syria would have no idea about any such planned attack.

Meanwhile there have been more reports of shootings, this time at the Louvre and somewhere else. It's also indicated that the hostage takers have explosives. A Europe 1 journalist in the concert hall said:

Quote:
"Several armed men came into the concert. Two or three men, not wearing masks, came in with what looked like Kalashnikovs and fired blindly on the crowd.
"It lasted between 10 and 15 minutes. It was extremely violent and there was panic. The attackers had enough time to reload at least three times. They were very young."
I would ask American members of this forum to refrain at this point from derailing this topic into discussions of the Second Amendment.

President Hollande has just declared a State of Emergency across France and closed the French borders, French residents are being urged to stay indoors and people are being cleared off the streets by police and soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
'all purpose' terrorists
Old 11-13-15, 06:07 PM   #30
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ I guess you're right Oberon its to early to point finger.

Its just the way the terror attack have been done I got the "feeling" its ISIS who's behind this.

In all I think we should wait for more information as they come.

Edit. Is it only Paris who is the target or can we expect more like that in the nearest future in other European Capitals ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism