SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-23-17, 09:53 PM   #1
Marek Shields
Swabbie

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0
Default TDC issues with GWX 3.0, 1.4 patch, and Ahnenerbe res fix

Hello folks,

I just got my SH3 game all set up and modded with GWX 3.0, the 1.4 patch, and Ahenerbe WideGui mod. However, I am having an issue using the TDC that I was wondering if anyone has encountered before. While some of the dials seem to work just fine (torpedo depth, speed switch, salvo/single fire selector, pistol type, and a few others), I am unable to set the range manually. It seems stuck a 500 meters and I can't click on the dial to change it. Also, the angle on bow dial seems to be directly linked to the RAOBF and it won't let me click on or manually set the AOB. Lastly, I am unable to click on or manually set the targets speed dial.

It seems like I can set all of these things by clicking on the 'Range' and 'Speed', provided in the little data sheet in the top right of the attack periscope screen, by using the stadimeter and the stopwatch.

Is this a side effect of the Ahnenerbe mod or, more likely, am I just doing something wrong?

Here is a list of the mods that I am running at the moment incase that helps at all:

Mega Mod:
GWX 3.0

Patch:
1.4b
V16B1

JSGME mods:
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX Turm Lights fix
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920x1080 Final
DBSM for SH3
DBSM_SH3_Speech_Fix
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM_v3_Skin_Packs
Pascal_portpeople
Real Depth Charge
Seabed_Repair_Mod
Spirit of machines
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
UAS Aircraft Sounds
Waterstr+Exhaust-CombiV2.3
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Marek Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 03:34 AM   #2
lederhosen
Planesman

Downloads: 421

not an expert on this but I beleave (could be wrong) that Ahnenerbe res fix don't work so well with manual targeting.
Old 09-24-17, 03:29 PM   #3
Marek Shields
Swabbie

Ugh... Just when I thought I found an answer to my widescreen issue like, another problem arises. Can anyone else also confirm this to be the case?

After doing a bunch of digging to get this far, it seems that the Ahnenerbe mod is the only widescreen fix that works with Windows 7 and GWX. Unless I have overlooked something and there is another mod that will do the same job.

I don't mind running the game with a 4:3 aspect ratio with OLC instead of the Ahnenerbe mod if that will work better. The issue I was having before trying to use the widescreen mods was that the game was running in widescreen anyway, just everything was stretched. Is this something nVidia cards try to do by default and if so, how does one turn that off?
Old 09-25-17, 02:34 AM   #4
B_K
Bosun

Downloads: 63

I also use GWX and Ahnenerbe 1080x1920 and it works ok with manual targeting. Don't spread false news!

For better comfort you can add Ahnenerbe tweaks 1 and 2 to your mod (links to be found in Ahnenerbe mod main thread) but they are minor changes.

Basic question is: are you sure you have TDC locked on or off while entering data? (shortcut ctrl+t or press button in attack screen f6) (not to be confused with target lock by periscope, L)
B_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 09:08 AM   #5
Marek Shields
Swabbie

It is entirely possible I don't have the TDC locked on. I was watching some SH3 videos from Tailmange on YouTube and noticed he was using a button below the periscope/water height indicator in the attack periscope before and after entering data into the TDC. I believe he was using the OLC mod in his videos. I was looking for a similar button in the Ahnenerbe res mod but couldn't find one. I will try using ctrl+t this evening to see if that works. Hopefully I can find that button too if that is the problem

Last edited by Marek Shields; 09-25-17 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-25-17, 11:25 AM   #6
Marek Shields
Swabbie

Thanks B_K!

I only read through the first 5 or 6 pages of the posts from the original Ahnenerbe res fix thread the first time around (my bad) and not using ctrl+t is totally the issue. I also found that on page 23 is a post consolidating many of the fixes from the previous posts that people have made. There was also a potential fix for the RAOBF being linked to the dial for AOB by default that was about half way through the thread that I am going to try.

What would be cool is if we could get the OLC RAOBF periscope lines on the Ahnenerbe RAOBF overlay.