SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-17, 11:58 AM   #1336
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent771 View Post
sorry I have no idea exactly which files/pictures you want me to post. screenshots of my game directories and folders or a certain file/textfile?
jsgme folder ...or you write your mod list
for example:
NYGM stand alone
NYGM new
etc....
but if you can send screenshot is better
Old 03-25-17, 12:00 PM   #1337
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Silent771:

M13B is not part of the official release of that part of IABL's large merchant fleet adapted for NYGM (with permission).

The official release is found in mod IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen. All the ships in this mod have been tested very carefully, with torpedoes fired at every one of them successfully.

M13B is instead part of IABL's larger release of merchant ships, some of which, as you have discovered, are transparent to torpedoes. This very large release is accommodated with the NYGM mod overlay 'MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM', which alters files .cfg, .eqp, .sns, .zon to match NYGM's requirements. However, the ships themselves have not been individually tested with NYGM.

Best is to check with IABL. He made a post recently saying that he was upgrading his old merchant fleet.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-17, 12:09 PM   #1338
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Benzin1973:
Quote:
Can someone provide an example of how i would use this technique of speeding up to get away?
I believe that NYGM is unique in SH3, in that Allied warships have a dead zone behind them, where the U-boat cannot be heard. So you can accelerate to get away for a short while.

How can you tell when you are in the warship's wake? Ask your soundman, who will tell you that the warship is moving closer, moving away etc. After some practice with the stealth meter (turning red when detected), you learn how to do it safely.

Stiebler.
Old 03-25-17, 12:10 PM   #1339
silent771
Nub

Downloads: 5

Ah thanks for the replies guys. I was confused because I had put all the mods into one folder i named TONNAGE WARS, so thats all that showed up when I reactivated the JSGME.exe. the folder consists of the compilation of these, all properly and successfully integrated and installed. I thought I could test it out so far and see if it worked then backup the folder and attempt steps 8-11 at a later time if it playtested well so far:

1. NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Full_Version.7z (Essential, 322 MBytes)
2. NYGM3_New.7z (Essential, 102 MBytes)
3. NYGM3_6F.7z (Essential, 58 MBytes)
4. NYGM_2017A.7z (Essential, 14 MBytes)
5. IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen.7z (Optional, 14 MBytes. UPDATED VERSION March 2017 for NYGM_2017A.)
6. 3rd Flotilla Mod.7z (Optional, 60 KBytes)
7. SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM.7z (Optional, 0.07 MByte)

i got worried though since upon activating the mods with JSGME it changed my base directories files as well so I had thought [i mightve been imagining it this was the last thing i did after being awake 30 hours or so] and decided to leave it as is for now

so since the file resides with IABL's ships mod im assuming theres no way to alter it without corrupting the save and will just have to bear with it for the time being.. and wait for an update to his mod? and I wish it was just torpedo transparency the whole damn thing was a ghost ship ^^ it was funny cause when I sailed through it my ship became invisible and I got green stealth and upon coming out the other side it resent the "enemy ships engaging you" message so it made me come up with the evil genius plan of hiding in one of those ships in a super gamey way to escape back towards Wilhemshaven if i ever got in a super bad pinch.
silent771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-17, 12:22 PM   #1340
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

silent771!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-17, 12:29 PM   #1341
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent771 View Post
Ah thanks for the replies guys. I was confused because I had put all the mods into one folder i named TONNAGE WARS, so thats all that showed up when I reactivated the JSGME.exe. the folder consists of the compilation of these, all properly and successfully integrated and installed. I thought I could test it out so far and see if it worked then backup the folder and attempt steps 8-11 at a later time if it playtested well so far:

1. NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Full_Version.7z (Essential, 322 MBytes)
2. NYGM3_New.7z (Essential, 102 MBytes)
3. NYGM3_6F.7z (Essential, 58 MBytes)
4. NYGM_2017A.7z (Essential, 14 MBytes)
5. IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen.7z (Optional, 14 MBytes. UPDATED VERSION March 2017 for NYGM_2017A.)
6. 3rd Flotilla Mod.7z (Optional, 60 KBytes)
7. SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM.7z (Optional, 0.07 MByte)

i got worried though since upon activating the mods with JSGME it changed my base directories files as well so I had thought [i mightve been imagining it this was the last thing i did after being awake 30 hours or so] and decided to leave it as is for now

so since the file resides with IABL's ships mod im assuming theres no way to alter it without corrupting the save and will just have to bear with it for the time being.. and wait for an update to his mod? and I wish it was just torpedo transparency the whole damn thing was a ghost ship ^^ it was funny cause when I sailed through it my ship became invisible and I got green stealth and upon coming out the other side it resent the "enemy ships engaging you" message so it made me come up with the evil genius plan of hiding in one of those ships in a super gamey way to escape back towards Wilhemshaven if i ever got in a super bad pinch.
Hi silent771
for your problem with M013B STIEBLER explained... but I see this:

sh3 commander file not in jsgme... is wrong... you must copy File and paste in sh3 commander cfg folder
IMPORTANT
follow this tutorial and send

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...75&postcount=9

Last edited by hauangua; 03-25-17 at 12:46 PM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 06:37 PM   #1342
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Benzin1973:

I believe that NYGM is unique in SH3, in that Allied warships have a dead zone behind them, where the U-boat cannot be heard. So you can accelerate to get away for a short while.

How can you tell when you are in the warship's wake? Ask your soundman, who will tell you that the warship is moving closer, moving away etc. After some practice with the stealth meter (turning red when detected), you learn how to do it safely.

Stiebler.
Thanks Stiebler.
Just had a running with a corvette, the showdown lasted about 2hrs (ingame), i ended up with light damage on two decks, and its only 1940 ! haha
In the end i did manage to get away, but the incident made obvious the need for me to improve my evasion tactics.
First note to self: Do Not, enter the english channel, i no longer own it.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 06:01 PM   #1343
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

I am having issues with CTD's when receiving replies after xmitting patrol report's?

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
Harbor Traffic Add-In
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Restore Gods Eye View
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
NYGM Enviro Adjustments for NightVisionFix by makman94
RCB_Textures
Extra_files_for_Hsie_patch_V16B1
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
depth charge explosions and fire light
Damage Texturen V2 by Vikinger
Real ASW Mod v.3 Beta 4
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
Aces' Modified Headphones
John's_Crew_Config
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0
Van1920x1080 v1.1
VansSolution
New en_menu
Cmnd_en_CFG
LGN1 Airbase
New Campaign file
Wolfehunter_VIIB_Final

In Sh3 Commander
SH3-Frozen Harbors_CommanderMOD
SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM
Ship Names April 2015
TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0 (SH3 Cmdr date)
WB's SH3 Cmdr mod for IABL's MFM Skin Pack v3
WB's Combimod (SH3 Cmdr)
2. WB's Decks Awash
3. WB's Fuel Economy
4. WB's Renown Replacement
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 08:52 AM   #1344
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I am having issues with CTD's when receiving replies after xmitting patrol report's?

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
Harbor Traffic Add-In
3rd Flotilla Mod
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Restore Gods Eye View
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
NYGM Enviro Adjustments for NightVisionFix by makman94
RCB_Textures
Extra_files_for_Hsie_patch_V16B1
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
depth charge explosions and fire light
Damage Texturen V2 by Vikinger
Real ASW Mod v.3 Beta 4
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
Aces' Modified Headphones
John's_Crew_Config
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.0
Van1920x1080 v1.1
VansSolution
New en_menu
Cmnd_en_CFG
LGN1 Airbase
New Campaign file
Wolfehunter_VIIB_Final

In Sh3 Commander
SH3-Frozen Harbors_CommanderMOD
SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM
Ship Names April 2015
TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0 (SH3 Cmdr date)
WB's SH3 Cmdr mod for IABL's MFM Skin Pack v3
WB's Combimod (SH3 Cmdr)
2. WB's Decks Awash
3. WB's Fuel Economy
4. WB's Renown Replacement
Hi j0313
This is a real mod soup!
And it is hard to see where the problem lies .. I think more than one!
First of all NYGM not love so much mod..
however, my advice is this (by Old thread of Stiebler )
First of, remove ALL the long list of mods that you have listed. Retain just your basic NYGM installation. plus supplement ti V16B1 plus Stiebler addon for V16B1 ...then play Test to see if this functions correctly...

Do not add any other mods until you have got this combination working correctly in a normal career patrol...
if crash now is need reinstall SH3 (new installation )... if work Go ahead:
After that :
1. Remove the Stiebler4A and Hsie V16B1 patches.
2. Add the other mods in batches of four at a time. Then add the additional mod folders for V16B1 and for the Stiebler4A_Addon after each additional batch of 4 files - all mods to be added with JSGME.
3. Test after each batch. Then you will know where the problem lies, and can narrow down the batch of four files to one offending file....

while doing these tests :
Start the game no by Sh3 Commander.... because here too so much mods...
Or reinstall Sh3 Cmdr (plus NYGM files for sh3 cmdr) and start with this

Last edited by hauangua; 04-03-17 at 09:09 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 08:02 PM   #1345
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Thanks hauangua but It is something relatively simple. It is the only thing that isn't working correctly and that isn't bad considering how many mods I have installed. So I will just have to give it some thought and figure it out without uninstalling everything. But thanks for the advice mate.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 12:19 AM   #1346
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Thanks hauangua but It is something relatively simple. It is the only thing that isn't working correctly and that isn't bad considering how many mods I have installed. So I will just have to give it some thought and figure it out without uninstalling everything. But thanks for the advice mate.

TDW's DC Water Disturbance v4.0

The mod causes CTDs with NYGM.
Old 04-06-17, 08:38 PM   #1347
Benzin1973
Engineer

Default Why remove radio contact information?

I notice that on NYGM, radio contact reports do not have a speed report, and their reported heading used to be something more or less usable like NNE, SSW, N, etc. (something with say a 22.5º precision). But as of version 2017A (or maybe it was even before that?), we dont even get that, instead we get NE instead of NNE or ENE, or S instead of ESE.

We do get a speed report when the report comes in about a convoy or task group (via the messages window), but not for single ships. And the heading is just as innacurate (NE instead of ENE or NNE).

Personally i find that trying to intercept a radio report with such little information, (no speed and a 70º tolerant heading), is no longer a matter of doing carefull and accurate plotting for an intercept course followed by setting up an adecuate search pattern for the area, but has become more of a "luck" factor, just point the bow somewhere infront of the contacts general direction, make a saw pattern and maybe you find something.

Now, im not "complaining" about this, if thats the way the mod is, well thats that.
And besides, i allready made and use a small mod that restores speed (slow, fast, etc) and heading (NNE, ESE, etc) information on radio reports, both for convoys and single ship reports.

But i am curious why was this intentional lack of information implemented?
Is it historically accurate? only make the game "harder"?

Historically, Dint those reports come from the (few) German planes patroling, intercepted communications from the ships, lookouts on "neutral" ships and such?
If so then i think a more accurate heading like SSE and an aproximate speed would have been provided.

In any case, i must say i prefeer to have better contact information available, like speed (slow, medium, etc), and an estimate heading like NNE, ESE, etc.
One of my favorite parts of the game is getting a report, making the calculations to plot an intercept course with a set speed, considering the reported speed of the contact, plotting the course, the anticipation during the trip there if i will actually find something (if i did the math right), etc.
It felt like a "mini mission". Some purpuse other than just patroling random squares of ocean.
But i cant do any calculation to anything with just a "NE" and no speed.

Last edited by Benzin1973; 04-07-17 at 04:51 AM. Reason: just correcting a few errors
Old 04-07-17, 06:20 AM   #1348
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Benzin1973:
Quote:
I notice that on NYGM, radio contact reports do not have a speed report, and their reported heading used to be something more or less usable like NNE, SSW, N, etc. (something with say a 22.5º precision). But as of version 2017A (or maybe it was even before that?), we dont even get that, instead we get NE instead of NNE or ENE, or S instead of ESE.

We do get a speed report when the report comes in about a convoy or task group (via the messages window), but not for single ships. And the heading is just as innacurate (NE instead of ENE or NNE).
This is all deliberate in NYGM from the first NYGM version.
U-boats made inaccurate reports of convoy speeds and directions - not surprising, since the convoys kept zig-zagging unexpectedly.

If you don't like it, locate your original file of data\menu\en_menu.txt (in stock SH3), and copy as many lines as you think appropriate from entries 2110 onwards into the same file in NYGM_2017 (don't forget to de-install NYGM with JSGME first, before making the changes, then re-install. Don't forget too that other mods may alter en_menu.txt.)

Stiebler.
Old 04-07-17, 07:38 AM   #1349
Benzin1973
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Benzin1973:
This is all deliberate in NYGM from the first NYGM version.
U-boats made inaccurate reports of convoy speeds and directions - not surprising, since the convoys kept zig-zagging unexpectedly.

If you don't like it, locate your original file of data\menu\en_menu.txt (in stock SH3), and copy as many lines as you think appropriate from entries 2110 onwards into the same file in NYGM_2017 (don't forget to de-install NYGM with JSGME first, before making the changes, then re-install. Don't forget too that other mods may alter en_menu.txt.)

Stiebler.
Thanks for the reply stiebler!
Allready made a very small mod that makes those changes to menu.txt
Its no problem at all really. (i still love NYGM haha) I was just curious as to why it was decided it was to be this way.
Old 04-07-17, 07:43 AM   #1350
Benzin1973
Engineer

Default About wolfpacks...

Here i am again with my dumb questions

Just to confirm: To use wolfpacks in NYGM, the only thing i have to do i check the "Wolfpacks" option in the HSIE options selector, and use that sh3.exe file. right? NYGM allready includes the Neccesary changes to the campaign files.
Correct?
Reason i ask, is because i tought id give it a try, so i enabled wolfpack in the hsie options selector, then on patrol came across a convoy, and the second i hit the "report contact" button, the game CTD.
Used the hsie options again, un-checked wolfpacks, loaded the game and the send contact report worked fine (no CTD). and no wolfpack of course.

Any idea of what i might be doing wrong?

Tags
torpedos through hull