SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-08, 08:13 AM   #23
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

JScones
Thanks for your input.
The ideal way to run this would be via SH3CMDR as noted above.
I think most people who play the game will save and exit many times during a patrol, at least I do. In real time, most of my patrols last several hours, and are played over several days or weeks. Saving the game, if the changes are made by a program run by SH3CMDR, would not result in any changes to the saved game files until they are loaded. So saving a game during a patrol does not activate the mod, and therefore the changes will not be cumulative.
I don't think the problem with activating the mod only via loading a new saved game is a problem, as these problems really should load only occasionally, since these illnesses and injuries should only occur infrequently as in real life. When they do occur, they should be at random and present a problem to the Captain with which he must deal.
The required files can be generated in a random fashion in such a way that many times nothing is loaded with a saved game.
Finally, the generated file structure is simple enough so that any player can generate scenarios to occur in the game, and share them with the community as their own mod.

Last edited by irish1958; 10-25-08 at 08:37 AM.
irish1958 is offline   Reply With Quote