SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-17, 10:04 AM   #1
Perseus1990
Swabbie

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Default open more tubes at the same time

Hello

Operation monsun + omegu v300
i would like to ask: How can i open more torpedo tubes at the same time? I tried click on the switches (didn't work), salvo firing (didn't work). When i open one and i switch to the second the first is closing automatically.
Thanks
Perseus1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 11:05 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

That's just not the way they work. There is a maximum time they will stay open before they automatically close but that's measured in tens of minutes. I suggest that you have mod soup and need to consider a complete game reinstallation.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 01:49 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >Perseus1990
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 08:18 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

OK, Perseus1990... I've been through my OM again, and tried in several missions and a couple of career starts, using the Type VIIB. All function as intended, and the tubes stay open while cycling or clicking to others. What boat are you using, and which version of OM do you have? I've got

OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

for my Mod List in JSGME...

Try using the "W" key to cycle the tubes, and the "Q" key to open / close them. When you cycle back to Tube 1 and hit the "Q" key the 2nd time for the tube, you should get a message "Closing Tube 1". If you then press the "Q" key a 3rd time, it should say "Opening Tube 1".

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 12:19 PM   #5
Perseus1990
Swabbie

Hi

I have the same mods as you have. If i understand you correctly: choose the tube and press the Q key 3 times and the tube should stay open.
Old 09-11-17, 09:18 PM   #6
propbeanie

No, that was just an example that you can cycle through the tubes, and they stay open, and to prove it, hitting "Q" while on Tube 1 a 2nd time will close it. If they are not staying open when you cycle to the next tube, there is possibly something wrong with your install, or you are using a different boat than I am. Are you in a Type II? I've never used one of those, and have no idea what you would encounter with one of them...

If you do suspect you have issues, where did you install the game (what directory or folder name), and which version of Windows are you using? Were you using other mods before putting OM in?

Old 09-14-17, 10:42 AM   #7
Perseus1990
Swabbie

I have Steam version, no mods before OM.
The opening tubes should work in all submarines, or not?
Old 09-14-17, 12:50 PM   #8
propbeanie

I'm not sure of the Type II, but the IX should work the same as the VII...

As for the Steam version, which ends up having the same basic "Windows restrictions", do NOT install the game in the Program Files (x86) folder. Windows "protects" several folders on the computer, including all of the Windows folders, Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment. Any changes made to those "protected" folders by means other than an "authorized" Windows interface will be rolled back by Windows, which in theory, will render them null and void. The problem lies in the fact that Windows doesn't roll back ALL of the files, only those of certain "protected" extensions. So you might get a partial "activation" of a mod like that, where JSGME places all the files like it should, and then Windows comes behind your back and puts all the original CFG and INI files back, leaving all of the DDS files alone.

Steam uses its own "install routine", so use the Steam app on your computer to re-do your install to a different folder, if necessary. THEBERBSTER has a thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...21#post2297821

and I've done a screen capture of my Steam app, as dodougla mentions in the above #3 post / thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...91#post2496891

It doesn't matter what folder you use, just so long as it's out of those Windows protected folders. I used F:\ Games \ Steam \ ... - I use "dot dot dot" there to signify the Steam folder structure, which is rather long... The game is found under the "Common" folder somewhere under "Steam" there, as you're well aware, I'm sure...

Let us know if that is not the case, because you really should be able to have more than one tube open in OM...

Old 09-15-17, 01:27 PM   #9
Perseus1990
Swabbie

Do you think i would buy the DVD version that could be better? I think the DVD version doesn't registration on steam.
Old 09-15-17, 02:16 PM   #10
propbeanie

The DVD is easier to work with, but if you've got the Uboat Missions version of Steam, you've got all you need. It's not as persnickety as the SH5 or SH3 versions, but in ALL cases, you cannot install the program in the Program Files (x86) directory and use any form of any mods. It's just a "Windows" thing. Steam has its own "security" and "protection" stuff, so after you mod the game, you can no longer use the Steam utilities to check your game for errors, since it will interpret the mod changes as bad files also, but at least it's something you do, and not something done behind your back with no warning or recourse to change... I've got the DVD version of SH4, but I have the Steam versions of SH3 and SH5. SH5 in Steam is by far the most difficult to deal with, but even still, it can be wrangled to your will...