SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-09, 03:31 AM   #256
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Yeah tried that. Didn't work. Seems to just stall after one patrol for me. Ah well, such is life. Any other recommendations guys?

*Edit. Actually my bad in this case. Assumed that in game calendar date before departing on patrol was same day as it displays in the office.

Last edited by Falkirion; 10-25-09 at 06:10 AM.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 05:12 AM   #257
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Hello.
I'd like to ask what is the difference among "GWX 8 hours" , "RuB" and RuB 1TC" fatigue models in SH3 Commander. I've been using the "No Fatigue" model for too long and prior to beginning my new career i thought that it would be nice to play the game with a fatigue model installed which allows the player not intervene too often in order to do the micromanaging of the crew.
Any ideas?

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 07:05 AM   #258
RawJoh1
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Hi guys,

Got a bit of a problem. A few days ago, I was running GWX 3.0 with SH3 Commander 3.2. All was working fine. Yesterday I uninstalled it all and then reinstalled (I'm using the Steam version if that matters).

Now SH3 Commander doesn't seem to work. What I mean is, when I boot up GWX via SH3 Commander, it doesn't seem to have made the changes (eg. the intro movie still plays) and it doesn't say "loaded by SH3 commander" in the bottom right of the screen.

I installed everything properly. Installed SH3, then GWX 3.0, then SH3 Commander 3.2, then the GWX config files. It's just annoying, as it was working fine before I reinstalled everything!

Any ideas? Thanks guys.
RawJoh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 10:47 PM   #259
Dissaray
中国水兵

Downloads: 35

I've run into the same problem, runing the same mods, plus one of thes gui mods if it makes any differance; I am even runing the steam version too. I have been beating my brains out trying to figure this out. The only signifigant diferance is I didn't uninstal the game or the GWX mod. Maybe I didn't do some thing right when I was shifting around some mod files?

Some of the changes are working, the crew rotations seem to take effect, but the movie skiping and the starting patrolls outside of port are both not working. I also have the add names to the captin's logs seting on but haven't managed to sink anything just yet so I don't know it if is working, though there are not any names in my logs from past patrolls.
Dissaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 11:08 PM   #260
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
Hello.
I'd like to ask what is the difference among "GWX 8 hours" , "RuB" and RuB 1TC" fatigue models in SH3 Commander. I've been using the "No Fatigue" model for too long and prior to beginning my new career i thought that it would be nice to play the game with a fatigue model installed which allows the player not intervene too often in order to do the micromanaging of the crew.
Any ideas?
A quick search yielded a nice summary from Sailor Steve back in February (to the same question asked)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
The 'RUB' model fatigues the crew more slowly than the others, very slowly in fact, but they don't recover when put in their quarters. This was done to simulate actual fatigue, not just getting tired every day. It's a much more difficult system to master, but it does have its fans. RUB 1x is the same, but geared for use when playing a patrol entirely in real time. Again, not something you want to use unless you understand exactly how it works and that's what you really feel the need to do.

I still use the GWX 8 hour model, simply because I like moving the guys around, but I also know that over time they get tougher and can last an 8-hour shift without having to be watched all the time. SH4 is a vast improvement in this department, with full watch shifts that change themselves when they're supposed to.
More on the RuB model by it's author here.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 11:10 PM   #261
JScones
Navy Seal

@RawJoh1 and Dissaray, are you using Vista? If so, there's oodles of posts on this forum advising of the pitfalls and strategies to follow in order to avoid problems like yours occurring.

If you are using XP, then make sure you've "connected" SH3Cmdr to your installation of SH3; check page 5 of the SH3 Commander User Guide for instructions.

Beyond that, I'm not familiar with the Steam version, beyond knowing that SH3Cmdr does work with it. Perhaps someone who has the Steam version working with SH3Cmdr can chip in.
Old 11-01-09, 11:12 PM   #262
Dissaray
中国水兵

I am runing XP and I am fairly certan that I have the program targeting the game install path properly. I will check some things out and see if I can get it to work, if I do I will post what I did to fix it. If I can't get it working I guess I will have to try a full reinstall of the game and try things that way.
Old 11-01-09, 11:19 PM   #263
JScones
Navy Seal

A quick search yielded this suggestion...dunno if it helps? I just don't know Steam at all.

Make sure you've pointed SH3Cmdr to C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter III
Old 11-01-09, 11:50 PM   #264
Dissaray
中国水兵

I checked the path and every thing checked out as the games location. I'll give that verify integraty trick a try. I had forgoten steem can do that.

EDIT:
Well it was a good idea, that verify tool, but unfortunatly it had no effect on the problem. For future referance of any one that has the steem version of the game: if you try to verify the game cash and you are runing the GWX mod it may cause that mod to quit runing properly. It did for me. Seems you best be it to delet local content and start with a fresh install. But then there is the problem the other guy is having. I'll update again if I find the problem as well and if I get a solution.

Last edited by Dissaray; 11-02-09 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-02-09, 01:31 PM   #265
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Thank you JScones. The thread was enlightening.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 01:49 PM   #266
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104

Does anyone know if this latest version of SH3 Commander works with the latest WAC (4.1 I think)?

If so, are there any WAC skin packs for use with SH3 that will change the look of the boats and other stuff depending on the campaign year?

Thanks.

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 04:27 AM   #267
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

edit: Answer removed due to wrong mod and my stupidity....

JSCones, I wanted to say a big "Thank You" to you for this incredible program, I really wonder how one can live without it.

Last edited by Radio; 11-06-09 at 02:18 PM.
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 04:30 AM   #268
JScones
Navy Seal

So SH3Cmdr does work with WAC? Cool, good to hear.
Old 11-06-09, 09:49 AM   #269
evan82
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
So SH3Cmdr does work with WAC? Cool, good to hear.
Personally I use SH3Cmdr for easy editing crew or when I like to go to nightclub. Everything work just fine if You remember to rollback this program and I prefer to do this manually.

But if someone like to change days spent in base then don't need SH3Cmdr.
Just need to open basic cfg file in Notepad, and change number "days spent in base" before patrol:

[TIME]
TransferFlotilla=1
NbDaysInBase=28
NbPatrolsInFlotilla=3
NbMonthsInFlotilla=6

Last edited by evan82; 11-06-09 at 10:00 AM.
evan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 12:52 PM   #270
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
The answer to the first question is yes. In the WAC package there are some CFG files that you have to put in a certain SH3Commander folder, though. It is all explained in the WAC readme.
Radio, thanks for the reply. However, I see no mention of SH3 Commander in the WAC 4.1 documentation nor do I find any SH3 Commander confg files in the package. GWX does have config files for SH3 Commander however... were you perhaps referring to that?

JSCones, I wanted to say a big "Thank You" to you for this incredible program, I really wonder how one can live without it.[/quote]

Whole heartedly seconded.

And just to follow up on the question - SH3 Commander does appear to work with WAC 4.1 (no config files or other adjustments). I've been running it now for a few patrols early in the war with no discernible issues. Everything seems to be working fine.

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander