SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-15, 11:23 AM   #3361
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

In my signature you will see a JSGME ( Mod Enabler ) Guide. Check it out. And there are plenty of other examples here at SUBSIM.

Cheers

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-15, 04:47 PM   #3362
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Sorry for a very late reply, this is in case anybody else has this issue. Please remember that the new periscope screen required many sacrifices and compromises.
One of them was the salvo Dial. The game has no way of telling which sub you are playing, because the original game was only made with the Type 9. OM adds different types with different salvo configuration. The fix is a special salvo dial image found in the optional folder for KiUB (included in OMEGU). Replace the one in the game with one from the corresponding folder. And yes, you have to do that every time you change subs. The bulbs are always telling the truth, they always show you the correct selected tubes.

The second compromise was the choice to not include the special config dials for the late torpedoes, because of lack of screen space. You can still set them in the Attack screen, just not in the Periscope screen. At the time I did not agree with including the Periscope Interface over the Observation periscope and the uhmmm surface periscope thingy (sorry, haven't played SH in 5 years), but oh well.

By the way, since I am expecting more and more people taking up Silent Hunter in the wake of the new games (World of Warships etc), I'm gonna make an in depth tutorial on manual attacking, using the OMEGU interface as a start. It should be valid for SH5 and SH3 and probably other future games too. The problem is that I am a sailor and I'm gonna embark soon for 4 months soon so don't expect it till then.

Oh and since I have some friends working at Ubisoft, I promise that if they start a SH6 and they don't call me, I'm gonna be very very upset. It still pisses me to no end that they didn't include some basic new things in SH5, which is why I never play it. Now that I do navigation for an actual job, it would be even more silly not to have my say in a SH game Cheers.
hello there Karamazovnew

so nice reading news from you !

check your pm

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 09:35 PM   #3363
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
In my signature you will see a JSGME ( Mod Enabler ) Guide. Check it out. And there are plenty of other examples here at SUBSIM.
And here for lots of JSGME links for all SH4 issues.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 07:24 AM   #3364
GenMarkof007
Swabbie

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Sorry for a very late reply, this is in case anybody else has this issue. Please remember that the new periscope screen required many sacrifices and compromises.
One of them was the salvo Dial. The game has no way of telling which sub you are playing, because the original game was only made with the Type 9. OM adds different types with different salvo configuration. The fix is a special salvo dial image found in the optional folder for KiUB (included in OMEGU). Replace the one in the game with one from the corresponding folder. And yes, you have to do that every time you change subs. The bulbs are always telling the truth, they always show you the correct selected tubes.

The second compromise was the choice to not include the special config dials for the late torpedoes, because of lack of screen space. You can still set them in the Attack screen, just not in the Periscope screen. At the time I did not agree with including the Periscope Interface over the Observation periscope and the uhmmm surface periscope thingy (sorry, haven't played SH in 5 years), but oh well.

By the way, since I am expecting more and more people taking up Silent Hunter in the wake of the new games (World of Warships etc), I'm gonna make an in depth tutorial on manual attacking, using the OMEGU interface as a start. It should be valid for SH5 and SH3 and probably other future games too. The problem is that I am a sailor and I'm gonna embark soon for 4 months soon so don't expect it till then.

Oh and since I have some friends working at Ubisoft, I promise that if they start a SH6 and they don't call me, I'm gonna be very very upset. It still pisses me to no end that they didn't include some basic new things in SH5, which is why I never play it. Now that I do navigation for an actual job, it would be even more silly not to have my say in a SH game Cheers.
Hi, if you do a tutorial for the OMEGU interface, please send me a PM... I'm looking everywhere for an in depth tutorial of that interface! thx

GenMarkof007
GenMarkof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 08:16 PM   #3365
ryujocarrierdude110
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 1

I know from past experience that this mod adds a ton of ships...Would anyone happen to have a list?

The Historic Mission String 2013
ryujocarrierdude110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 11:11 AM   #3366
jerryb
Seaman

Downloads: 40

OK, long time since I tried this sim, fresh install, patched to 1.4, put the OM files in the jsgme mods file followed by the two omgue files, enabled, fired up the game, no sign of a u-boat anywhere. Obviously doing something wrong but what? Help please, thanks.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 11:15 AM   #3367
CCIP
Navy Seal

Uploads: 2

You need to have 1.5 (i.e. the uboat expansion) for this mod to work.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 02:15 PM   #3368
jerryb
Seaman

Downloads: 40

Doesn't want to work, says sh4:exe unknown version. Any ideas? OK, sorted, just fiddled a bit, all working, looks good.

Last edited by jerryb; 04-30-15 at 02:54 PM.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 04:42 PM   #3369
CCIP
Navy Seal

Uploads: 2

Sounds good

I would always recommend doing a fresh reinstall of SH4 + 1.5 if you're planning to install a major mod. You can back up your MODS folder in JSGME if there's things you want to save for later, but always start with a fresh game for megamods like OM or TMO or RFB. Saves you a lot of potential crashing etc.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-15, 06:08 PM   #3370
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61

Hey can anyone explain to me how to work the manual targeting. Every time I try it, I end up shooting directly at the merchant instead of leading it. I've tried to look up what I'm doing wrong and I can't figure it out. The crew helps update the target and I'm getting the right distance, speed, and angle on the bow, but it's always aimed directly at the ship so the torpedoes end up astern of the target. Also sorry if this has already been explained. I looked through about 30 pages on this thread and didn't see it, but it would take me a year to look through all of it. Also sorry if this is a stupid question.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 04:32 PM   #3371
veenee
Watch

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Hey can anyone explain to me how to work the manual targeting. Every time I try it, I end up shooting directly at the merchant instead of leading it. I've tried to look up what I'm doing wrong and I can't figure it out. The crew helps update the target and I'm getting the right distance, speed, and angle on the bow, but it's always aimed directly at the ship so the torpedoes end up astern of the target. Also sorry if this has already been explained. I looked through about 30 pages on this thread and didn't see it, but it would take me a year to look through all of it. Also sorry if this is a stupid question.
Hi Tucker, you have probably figured it out by now, but did you 'lock' the TDC after entering data?
I made the same mistake shooting at crippled, stationary ship, I thought I was aiming at it, but really didn't...

So many years on, and this mod still rocks! Right now I prefer it to SH5 WoS...
veenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-15, 04:34 PM   #3372
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61

Hey Veenee, and what do you mean by "lock the TDC"? But I did figure out what I was doing wrong initially.

I didn't know the torpedo run was tied directly to the angle of periscopes or TBT. I thought it worked more like fleet boats where you put in data and the correct run was computed. So I would always fire the torpedoes while watching the target instead of where I wanted the torpedoes to intercept it.

I am still having a bit of trouble manually getting the correct run though. I'm a little stumped on how to take the ships course and speed and figure out the distance and angle I need to fire the torpedoes to hit it. Any suggestions. And I looked at Blitzkriegs stuff and some of it helped but some of the documents were in Germans and I am no where near fluent enough to read them haha.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 05:44 PM   #3373
veenee
Watch

Downloads: 114

By 'locking' I meant switching off manual input of data, so you cannot change speed of target etc. unless you 'unlock' TDC.

It is a bit of a culture shock jumping from German to US system (or the other way around), and it takes some getting used to.

Try manual methods with 90 degrees shots, at least then you won't have to worry about getting correct distance, and speed will be the most vital part of solution to determine.
I am sure you can find plenty of tutorials on these forums, like this one:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=67

Last edited by veenee; 08-07-15 at 03:42 AM.
veenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-15, 07:58 PM   #3374
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Default fully worked optics on Karamazovnew's great ui for sh4

fully worked optics on Karamazovnew's great ui for sh4
---------------------------------------------------------

this mod will be release soon and it needs the following mods to be installed first:
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

as long as i am visiting this forum , i can say now for sure that was never a more talended ui designer than Karamazovnew. His work is not only so very very nice but was also accurate and brought new stuff and ideas which some of them found their way to sh3's uis . (such as ,for example, the TDC button which i see now some 'new' 'designers' presenting it without crediting Karamazovnew at all. this is so ugly behaviour)
in this mod both scopes have the historical fov and reticles ,same goes for binos ,uzo and deckgun. and not only this, all optics are keeping the correct proportions(including the conning deck view)
plus...that nothing of what you see in there is eye candy ,everything in this mod is made as they were in reality and for use in game.

important note: this mod is for use only at 1680x1050 resolution

have a look of the correct AP for Karamazovnew's ui mod:

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 12:39 AM   #3375
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

Makman, it's fantastic info. Thanks for your work.
Do you plan modding something else in SH4/OM? It's a pity that SH4 never had luck for interest of talented modders like SH3. OM as a base and some good mods transferred from SH3 could make it the best U-boat sim ever released.

PS. I suggest you start the new thread here about your mod.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote