SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-09, 09:55 PM   #1
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default tambor198's stock v1.5 missions pack

tambor198's stock v1.5 missions pack
================================================== =========================

This mod contains 32 Single Missions for use with the stock v1.5 game or any combination of mods you are using.

This mod contains the same missions found in "tambor198's TMO+RSRDC missions pack".

With the help of "peabody" and "starforce2" and myself, we took the missions from the "tambor198's TMO+RSRDC missions pack" mod and made some changes to the missions so it could be converted for use with the stock v1.5 game.

All of these missions were created by "tambor198" as he is known from ubi.com forums and he is also known as "cdrsubron7" from SUBSIM.com forums.

These missions have been converted to work with the sh4 v1.5 stock game and will work with any combination of mods you wish to use in your game.

The missions were left unchanged for the most part because this conversion was done by just making changes to some TMO+RSRDC ship types and switching them over to stock version ship types. The position, class, waypoints, location, status, and number of ships were not changed. so the only real difference is that some ships were replaced by different ships of the same class but this was only done where absolutely necessary.

One additional change I made was that because of the increased difficulty of the TMO mod over the stock game, all of the enemy ships were given elite status so that it gives the missions close to the same dificulty level as tambor198 intended them to have when he created them for use with TMO+RSRDC.

Note: these missions can still be used with the TMO+RSRDC mods installed but because I raised all of the crews to elite status they will be harder than the original versions made for TMO+RSRDC. Because they have been converted to stock the ship variations wont be as good as the original TMO+RSRDC version missions because these missions are only using stock ships.

tambor198 felt the best missions out of the whole group were missions that I numbered (100-115) because they have the best overall quality and content. The rest of the missions (116-131) are still very good and after playing them, I think they are all excellent.

I only added the mission numbers after he had made his selections so I put what he felt were the better ones up to the top of the list.

other than the above groupings, the mission numbers dont mean anything as to which mission is better or worse than the one before or after it on the list.

The missions are all numbered high enough so as to avoid conflicts with any missions you may already have installed in your game.

The "TMO+RSRDC missions pack" and the "stock v1.5 missions pack" contain the same missions with the same mission names so to help identify them i gave the "TMO+RSRDC missions pack" mission numbers (200-231) and the "stock v1.5 missions pack" uses mission numbers (100-131) so I am hoping this should avoid any confusion.

In their present form these missions will not work with the v1.4 game due to changes in ship types made by v1.5 that will cause CTD issues.
Also be aware that any attempt to open these missions using the v1.4 mission editor will give you a CTD issue because of the changes in ship types made by v1.5.

If you need v1.4 missions, PM me and I will explain how you can convert some or all of these missions over to work with v1.4

Installation:

These missions are jsgme ready so just place the downloaded zip file on your desktop and unzip the download. now open jsgme and open the unzipped "tambor198's stock v1.5 missions pack" folder. now just drag the "stock v1.5 missions pack" folder over into jsgme and enable the mod, thats it.

Note: If you dont want to use all of the missions in this mod then open up the "SingleMissions" folder in the mod and pick and choose the missions you want to use.

This "tambor198's stock v1.5 missions pack" was put into mod form by "Webster" with kind permission of and approved by "tambor198" who created the missions and allowed me to put them all into one easy to use mod. All rights permissions and creative credit for this mod belongs to "tambor198" a.k.a. "cdsubron7"

enjoy!

Download

you can find "tambor198's TMO+RSRDC missions pack" here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158233

Last edited by Webster; 11-15-09 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-14-09, 12:54 AM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Webster, I just want to say thanks to you for all the work you've done in my behave for promoting my custom missions. All I can say is Bravo Zulu, Sir, Well Done.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 03:46 AM   #3
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well i really enjoy playing single missions and i remember how hard it was just finding any missions to download so i wish someone had done this for me when i was a noob at sh4.

now that this is available, noobs can now pop in a mod and get all the missions they need to learn the ropes.

also im sure there are lots of people like me that only play for an hour or two and would love some quick action in single missions that are done well and arent that easy to complete.

Last edited by Webster; 11-15-09 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-31-11, 03:49 AM   #4
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 0

are they for surface ships too?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 09:38 AM   #5
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1