SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-18, 09:22 PM   #1
chevelle505
Sailor man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default can I edit this?

anyone know how to either edit hull damage back to 0 or change my home base to san francisco? looking for a way to mod this so I dont have to keep sailing all the way back to bangor ,WA just to fix the hull. or maybe edit a file to allow me to end patrol at any base??
chevelle505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-18, 11:28 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The "bases" aren't the easiest thing to deal with. You need a base in the US_NavalBases.mis file, and its specific spelling. You use CareerStart.upc, Flotillas.upc and PatrolObjectives.cfg files in the Data / UPCData / UPCCampaignData folder to add the Start, the base, the boat, mission links, and mission calls, each file supporting (or bringing-down, as the case may be) each other. One little typo in any of the files can crash the game, and the only real "troubleshooting" you have doing it is the hint you get when and where the game crashes... Open the files in like Notepad++, they're text-based, and try to "copy" what's been done in there. Use a copy for your edits, and make a JSGME compatible "mod" so that you can pull it back out if it (it will) fails the first few times...

It's probably a bit easier to make a bullet-proof hull, though I can't remember how, but surely someone will come along that knows that aspect inside-out...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 08:08 AM   #3
chevelle505
Sailor man

Just making a bullet proof hull would be fine with me!! Basically i left my home base in bangor on the Wyoming (ohio class) and got down in the middle of the pacific..never really dove deep or saw any action and for some reason have hull damage at 3. I know its almost negligible but it was 38 before that..(restarted at bangor and used time compression to get back to where i left off...pulled into a friendy port and all of the sudden i have hull damage of 3..never dove deeper than 250ft (which certainly is nothing for a Ohio class trident) and i am 10000% positive i havent hit anything or come close at all. This is begining to get a little irritating as when i leave port on this deployment i plan on diving pretty deep but i already have hull damage that the sim wants me to go all the way back to Bangor to fix...theres gotta be a way to just edit the sub to either set it back to zero or make it indestructible. I plan on exploring a little all the way into the atlantic..i really dont want to get south of cape horn and have to turn back all the way to bangor just to reset hull damage.
Old 05-01-18, 10:14 AM   #4
propbeanie

Have you "tested" any of your weapons?...

Old 05-01-18, 12:09 PM   #5
chevelle505
Sailor man

Nope
Old 05-01-18, 07:20 PM   #6
propbeanie

Oh well. Some of them thangs can do some damage if you're too close...