Old 12-10-17, 10:23 AM   #1411
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
The snow has landed here!

How the heck am I going to get into work Monday/Tuesday?

Dam weather forecasters you said light snow here that would melt!
Don't bother leaving work, simply sleep overnight in the crypt

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 05:15 PM   #1412
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Don't bother leaving work, simply sleep overnight in the crypt
Fat chance.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 06:43 AM   #1413
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Now STEEED ya got your winter.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 03:03 PM   #1414
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Daughter has arrived for her supper and informed me all my xmas shopping is sorted,

Great lass

Old 12-11-17, 04:37 PM   #1415
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Daughter has arrived for her supper and informed me all my xmas shopping is sorted,

Great lass
I have been meaning to ask you ... what does the word 'sorted' mean in English.

When I have a problem you say, 'sorted' do I presume it means taken care of, right?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 04:52 PM   #1416
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

When I have a problem you say, 'sorted' do I presume it means taken care of, right?
THAT SOUNDS 'SORTA RIGHT' TO ME!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 05:00 PM   #1417
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:

Yes sir

Old 12-11-17, 05:32 PM   #1418
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
Now STEEED ya got your winter.
Nah just a short hard snap, another cold one Tuesday then it gets warmer and rain. It's a death trap out there on the ice coming home tonight.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-12-17, 02:57 PM   #1419
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Is You Is or Is You Ain't?

Two weeks ago I developed a small pain in the middle left side of my back. It felt very much like when I had a tiny spot of pneumonia forty years ago. I figured I would ignore it for a few days and if it persisted I would go to the VA clinic and have it looked at.

The following Saturday it moved to my shoulder. Not spread, moved. It was no longer in my back. Two days later, Monday, it moved again, this time to my upper left arm. Two days later it suddenly grew until it was almost unbearable. I drove up to the VA Medical Center and couldn't find a place to park. Their parking garage has been under reconstruction for the last six months, and is nowhere near to being complete, so parking is catch-as-catch-can. There is Valet Parking, but I can't afford that.

Friday morning the pain was still bad so I went back up to the VA, this time at around 0600. Parking was no problem. After a while I found out that 'Valet' parking is free. You just drive up to the door and give them your keys. I checked in and they took some blood, the wheeled me into a bed in the patient intake area. Awhile later a guy came back and told me I was having a heart attack and that they needed to lower my blood pressure. He put a tab of nitroglycerine under my tongue and waited. My BP dropped. And dropped. And dropped. I was so listless by that time I could hardly understand what he was saying. He managed to get my blood pressure back up, and the heart doctors came to talk to me. They said I had an elevated enzyme that indicated heart damage. They checked me in and wheeled me up to a room in the Cardiology Floor. Out of my clothes, into pajamas, strapped into an IV with blood thinnners then finally to the lab. Angiogram time. They put the tiny tube into my right rist vein with the tiny camera that was fed up my arm, across my chest and into my heart. I slept through most of it. Then back down to my room and pretty nurse Paula, who took good care of me. Later the doctors came to tell me they wanted to do a heart stress test on Monday, so they had to keep me over the weekend. The problem was that the angiogram showed absolutely nothing wrong. Later some general (i.e. non-heart) doctors asked about the pain. When I told them it lessened when I held my arm above my head their leader said “Sounds like a pinched nerve to me”.

Saturday: I was poked an prodded some more, blood tests and injections. The only pain killer they gave me was plain old Tylenol, but it seemed to do the job just fine. They took my blood pressure on the left side all that day, saying they weren't supposed to do it on the side the angiogram went in for twenty four hours. I slept a lot, probably because of the angiogram and the drugs and the bloodletting.

Sunday: They took my blood pressure from the right side. Six hours later I had an ugly bruise on the bottom of my upper arm. Six hours after that the bruise covered my whole upper arm, top and bottom, and the underside of my lower arm as well. It's quite ugly, but doesn't hurt at all.

Monday: I missed breakfast because of the upcoming stress test. Then they didn't bring me lunch. Still no test. At around 1400, after almost twenty hours of nothing to eat or drink (not even water) the nurse brought me a “late tray”, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some chips. Then the hear doctors came and said that if the test turned out positive they would put me on blood thinners and do it again in six months. If it was negative they would probably do the same just to be on the safe side. If there was no heart trouble the medication wouldn't hurt me, unless of course I got hurt and the bleeding wouldn't stop, in which case I should get up there immediately.

So there's nothing to indicate any trouble except that one raised enzyme level, but it's a sure indicator that I “definitely had a heart attack”. Sometime. Maybe a long time ago. I asked them about the pain that brought me into the hospital in the first place. The said the two seemed to be completely unrelated, and they were heart doctors and didn't know anything about that.

Finally the Physical Therapy people said the X-rays showed some arthritis in the neck, which may be causing the problem, so keep taking Tylenol and they'll schedule an appointment. So, at 1830 last night I checked out, picked up some new pills to take and came home.

So, did I have a heart attack or not? The heart doctors insist I did, but it has nothing to do with the pain I went there for in the first place. It makes me wonder if they want it to be that, just to justify their big paychecks.

Supplement: I hadn't been on the computer for more than a couple of hours before my arm started to hurt again. As an experiment I swapped out my nice new computer chair for my old ratty-tatty one and I'm not having any pain right now. It may be because I just took a Tylenol. I'd hate to think that I went through all that because my new computer chair is junk. We'll see.
Old 12-12-17, 03:03 PM   #1420
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Great to see you back Steve, I was wondering where you'd went.

I've rang you a few times on Skype today but not got an answer.

My IT problems at this end are still unresolved.

Old 12-12-17, 03:39 PM   #1421
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Glad your back Steve ... sorry you had to go through all of that. Sounds like a pinched nerve to me too, but I'm not a doctor just someone that has been there.

Yep! Believe it or not old chairs are spiritual and that one missed you. Put some pillows in the old one and then transfer them over to the new one a few days later ... then take two aspirin and get back to us more often.

Don't you have a an ipad or something to check in with us when stuff like this happens?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 04:39 PM   #1422
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Wow Steve, what an ordeal. Hope you get a good result on this.

I guess this whole doctor/hospital thing is part of the getting old thing. I don't like it but can't do anything about it. That being said I have to go to hospital tomorrow for 'tests'. Can't wait.

Just a thought also. Could playing that bass for extended periods have an effect? Hope not.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 05:02 PM   #1423
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
My IT problems at this end are still unresolved.
Sorry to hear that, but we'll get together again pretty soon.

Quote:
Yep! Believe it or not old chairs are spiritual and that one missed you. Put some pillows in the old one and then transfer them over to the new one a few days later ... then take two aspirin and get back to us more often.
There might be something too that. I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Don't you have a an ipad or something to check in with us when stuff like this happens?
Nope, not even an iPhone. I could have taken my laptop but I wasn't planning on being there four hours, much less four days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Just a thought also. Could playing that bass for extended periods have an effect? Hope not.
Could be. It's pretty heavy at ten pounds. Still, I haven't had a problem like this before. We'll see what comes of it.
Old 12-13-17, 06:03 AM   #1424
STEED
Lucky Jack

Ahhhheeeeee...the weekend for me.

Then back for one more day then I'm off work for two weeks.

Old 12-15-17, 11:47 AM   #1425
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Multitasking

New roof and gutters on a day ahead of schedule! the ongoing master-bath remodel apparently delayed due to tile shipment delay and other construction demands following the great Napa fire. Shower floor sealant is on to cure for three days; The new drywall is in: textured and primecoated at least. The cracked rear exterior wall still need to be re-stucco'd. Much rain-water damage to the drywall and framing/studs was discovered when the original bath was dismantled. At this rate, the planned two bath remodel will go well past Christmas. We are camped in a spare room and the garage/laundry is total carpenter workshop! The cars are parked outside for the duration. So, Christmas cards all done and mailed....off to sail the Bay in somewhat brisk 60 degree weather today.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 12-15-17 at 12:01 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote