SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-12, 06:35 PM   #796
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301
Uploads: 0

Well, i just did the Breaking the Fortress in Scapa , sunk the 2 battleships + a merchant freighter, went on surface, ahead flank, 3 destroyers running after me shooting cannons, and no CTD, nothing all working perfect. With only 1 mod (1,9 Gb). MMM v0.4 AIO by pedrobas. You should try it and tell me.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 01:11 PM   #797
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Well, i just did the Breaking the Fortress in Scapa , sunk the 2 battleships + a merchant freighter, went on surface, ahead flank, 3 destroyers running after me shooting cannons, and no CTD, nothing all working perfect. With only 1 mod (1,9 Gb). MMM v0.4 AIO by pedrobas. You should try it and tell me.
Old 03-09-12, 01:17 PM   #798
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 04:03 PM   #799
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

This is an excellent mod to the game.

But, there are a few issues with it still.

It would cause a CTD every time I tried to return home (Kiel) or get close to some other harbors. This usually happens after a long patrol (Several weeks). I have tried going back several saves to try and get past it. But it eventually would crash every time once I got close enough for the computer to want to start loading graphics or something. CTD. I did some testing to make sure it was this mod doing it. Play the starting campaign, and play it like you would normally. A couple of days (weeks in game) and you'll be CTD too.

I'm thinking it's some object related thing. Something that was added since 1.6.7.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 04:57 PM   #800
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post

It would cause a CTD every time I tried to return home (Kiel) or get close to some other harbors. This usually happens after a long patrol (Several weeks). I have tried going back several saves to try and get past it. But it eventually would crash every time once I got close enough for the computer to want to start loading graphics or something. CTD. I did some testing to make sure it was this mod doing it. Play the starting campaign, and play it like you would normally. A couple of days (weeks in game) and you'll be CTD too.

I'm thinking it's some object related thing. Something that was added since 1.6.7.
Are you say the campaign will ctd if your patrol is very long but not if patrol is short
Old 03-11-12, 01:33 AM   #801
kozinep
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 27

Thank you very much!
kozinep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 04:17 AM   #802
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozinep View Post
Thank you very much!
Thanks and welcome to subsim kozinep
Old 03-11-12, 05:29 AM   #803
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Quote:

Could you tell us what your configuration is? Maybe you have a problem with insufficient RAM.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 05:52 AM   #804
Trevally.
Navy Seal

There has also been an issue from the start of this mod where convoys returning to port would get stuck.
They should delete when the reach their last waypoint.
If they get stuck before the last waypoint - they can create a jam.
Then when the next convoy arrives - the jam get worse.
This can cause hundreds of ships jammed at the mouth of harbours and when your boat gets to within 30km and the game has to draw all these ships - ctd.

This issue is very rare - I have fixed many ports by setting a balance between delete area and how far into ports this is.

Can you tell be port, date and campaign this is happening in
Old 03-11-12, 10:59 AM   #805
Bothersome
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
Could you tell us what your configuration is? Maybe you have a problem with insufficient RAM.
My specs are Windows 7 Home Premium

16 Gig RAM (Redline) at 2 GHz clock
2x Nvidia GTX-470 in SLI
AMD FX-6100 (6 core) at 4 GHz each
Asus Crosshair V motherboard
Old 03-11-12, 11:08 AM   #806
Bothersome
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Are you say the campaign will ctd if your patrol is very long but not if patrol is short
That seems to be the symptom. I can leave the port no problems. But if the patrol is long and mine usually are (I go back to re-arm and re-fuel) and then finally come back for possible upgrades or new missions. By the time I start coming in the CTD would happen.

First port I noticed had the problem was the one out in the see on that island north of Wilhelmshaven (sp?). I can't remember the name of the port. Something ...land.. anyway. When it would CTD every time at a certain distance from it, I started investigating my mods. And because I run a small list, it was easy to eventaully determine it was OH-II 1.7.

But continuing on, I decided to avoid the CTD port and head home (Kiel). But when I got to Kiel river, just past that new lock area at the west mouth of the river, it CTD every time there. So I quit you mod at that point.
Old 03-11-12, 12:18 PM   #807
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
That seems to be the symptom. I can leave the port no problems. But if the patrol is long and mine usually are (I go back to re-arm and re-fuel) and then finally come back for possible upgrades or new missions. By the time I start coming in the CTD would happen.

First port I noticed had the problem was the one out in the see on that island north of Wilhelmshaven (sp?). I can't remember the name of the port. Something ...land.. anyway. When it would CTD every time at a certain distance from it, I started investigating my mods. And because I run a small list, it was easy to eventaully determine it was OH-II 1.7.

But continuing on, I decided to avoid the CTD port and head home (Kiel). But when I got to Kiel river, just past that new lock area at the west mouth of the river, it CTD every time there. So I quit you mod at that point.
So you have removed OHII and started a new career.
Let me know if you get the same issue with the stock campaign
Old 03-11-12, 12:52 PM   #808
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
... It would cause a CTD every time I tried to return home (Kiel) or get close to some other harbors. This usually happens after a long patrol (Several weeks). I have tried going back several saves to try and get past it. But it eventually would crash every time once I got close enough for the computer to want to start loading graphics or something. CTD. I did some testing to make sure it was this mod doing it. Play the starting campaign, and play it like you would normally. A couple of days (weeks in game) and you'll be CTD too.

Bothersome, I'm not sure if this will help your specific problem, but I'm writing it just in case.

Over the last week, I experienced the same problem returning to Wilhelmshaven, and like you, right at a specific area. I tried coming in from different angles, speeds, TX, etc., to no avail.

I then realized I had done some mod soup juggling, so I played with that, but to no avail. I finally gave up, got my mods working the way I wanted them again, and then started a new campaign. At the very moment that I was about to leave port, I suddenly thought about the "no magic skills" mod and realized that I had added it before I started my last campaign, but for some reason, it was no longer there. At some point when i was juggling my mod soup, I disabled that mod and actually removed it from my MODs folder . So, everything looked fine while at sea, but as soon as I tried to return to base, CTD.

I disabled my mods, and then re-enabled them to include that mod in the proper order. I pulled a backup of the last save file from the previous campaign and .. BINGO .. I was able to return to base without any CTD, and am now continuing with that campaign again, wreaking havoc on the enemy . So far, so good.

You said you have a small list, so there is less to go wrong, but think hard and long if you did make a change to one of the files or left something out, specifically with one of those mods that needs to be enabled only in port and not at sea.

Since it'd be a shame not to be able to use OHII, if all else fails, the next thing is to maybe try starting a new OHII campaign with the way your mods are set now and then see what happens. It will obviously take time to get to the point you were at, but it may end up being fine .. that is unless you made some conflicting change somewhere along the way that only shows up later. If that's the case, reload your mods from their files, without any changes and .. lol .. try again.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-12, 01:36 PM   #809
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Bothersome, I'm not sure if this will help your specific problem, but I'm writing it just in case.

Over the last week, I experienced the same problem returning to Wilhelmshaven, and like you, right at a specific area. I tried coming in from different angles, speeds, TX, etc., to no avail.

I then realized I had done some mod soup juggling, so I played with that, but to no avail. I finally gave up, got my mods working the way I wanted them again, and then started a new campaign. At the very moment that I was about to leave port, I suddenly thought about the "no magic skills" mod and realized that I had added it before I started my last campaign, but for some reason, it was no longer there. At some point when i was juggling my mod soup, I disabled that mod and actually removed it from my MODs folder . So, everything looked fine while at sea, but as soon as I tried to return to base, CTD.

I disabled my mods, and then re-enabled them to include that mod in the proper order. I pulled a backup of the last save file from the previous campaign and .. BINGO .. I was able to return to base without any CTD, and am now continuing with that campaign again, wreaking havoc on the enemy . So far, so good.

You said you have a small list, so there is less to go wrong, but think hard and long if you did make a change to one of the files or left something out, specifically with one of those mods that needs to be enabled only in port and not at sea.

Since it'd be a shame not to be able to use OHII, if all else fails, the next thing is to maybe try starting a new OHII campaign with the way your mods are set now and then see what happens. It will obviously take time to get to the point you were at, but it may end up being fine .. that is unless you made some conflicting change somewhere along the way that only shows up later. If that's the case, reload your mods from their files, without any changes and .. lol .. try again.

Good luck!

The same can happen if you edit or change the flotilla or equip on player boat.cfg

(C/41) from start of campaign mod does this
Old 03-11-12, 03:31 PM   #810
Bothersome
Planesman

After reading your replies, I still have room in my mind now that it may have been a mod exchange. But I'm pretty sure that I had not changed anything except a float/dive mod. I had been trying to find a good mod to set the boat float hight and dive speeds and depth holding. That may have been what caused the CTD. I've also changed this in my current stock game. So we'll find out as soon as I get back from out in the Atlantic.

Right now, I'm on stock campaign. If it CTD again, I'll know that was the problem.

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii