SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-17-17, 12:11 PM   #751
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Since I have only seen ep 1 from this season, I'm sticking my fingers in my ears when I come into this thread.

*la la la la la la la la la *

Started watching Broadchurch last night, got 5-6 episodes in. Slow start but very good.

Was very impressed with the actress playing the mom, so I looked her up.

Very Cool.

I don't know if she'll be able to pull off The Dr, but she was good in Broadchurch. I'm not saying she can't, I just don't know till I see her in the TARDIS.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 02:14 PM   #752
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I stopped watching Dr Who mainly because the story lines were to much fantasy and not enough good solid sci fi.
Good solid sci-fi, that's a good one, watch the Outer Limits for that kind of stuff as this programme is for kiddies and thick as a brick adults to watch.
I can see the first episode of the new doctor being an explosive one as they need to grab everyone's attention from the very start.

A possible scenario could be.......
The doctor going through an episode of PMT as the price for being re-generated as a woman, just imagine 200 million stars being wiped out by her sonic screwdriver whilst cackling away like a bleeding madwoman, oh yeah, that's going to grab the viewers by the nuts innit.

I wonder if the BBC has the balls to go with a scenario like that?, they might as well because they haven't had an original idea for years.
Old 07-17-17, 02:47 PM   #753
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
Since I have only seen ep 1 from this season, I'm sticking my fingers in my ears when I come into this thread.

*la la la la la la la la la *

Started watching Broadchurch last night, got 5-6 episodes in. Slow start but very good.

Was very impressed with the actress playing the mom, so I looked her up.

Very Cool.

I don't know if she'll be able to pull off The Dr, but she was good in Broadchurch. I'm not saying she can't, I just don't know till I see her in the TARDIS.
I reckon those are the thoughts of a great many fans.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 07:32 PM   #754
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Sorry for the late reply. From the the last episodes, they where ok. I think the mondas cybermen was a must with the companion being turn in to was a plus. They could have gone with grit ending for her, I would prefer.
John Simm was,for me, under use. he could have been more in the series has a shadow (yes, that was already used but...) and his return could had been keep a secret until the very last moment. After that he fell like some mehhh master. Even in the end the master/misty interaction was bad.
I know that the evil trio of enemies, cybermen,daleks,master, are tiresome but the Master, for me, is always a good antagonist, since he is almost or is (depending how one sees it) a evil counter part of the Doctor. A Time Lord almost or same has the doctor,but just evil. Of course they can bring back other evil Time Lords/Ladies - Ranni, or even the war master (if they do not got with the, The War Master was previous incarnation of the Master).

For the new news, are they for real? I positive, it's the end of Doctor Who for me. If the gender change of regeneration is just for appeal the new age of PC, sorry. Not for me. Even the Master/Missy was bit stupid.
The regeneration is a science fiction thing, fine. But a male should only be regenerated in a male and female to female.
Yes, it's retrograde,but some biological science should be into to.
And they have such Time Ladies characters for the main show and/or spin-offs. Even the Doctor had to childs: the mother of Susan and the character of the episode with the same name.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 05:03 AM   #755
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
For the new news, are they for real? I positive, it's the end of Doctor Who for me. If the gender change of regeneration is just for appeal the new age of PC, sorry. Not for me. Even the Master/Missy was bit stupid.
Didn't some high ranking Time Lord regenerated in to a female a few seasons back was probably the tester then followed by the Master and now the Doctor. Just a rating grabber that will backfire. It's clearly a PC move as there have been other PC moves in Dr Who over the years on its return.

Last night watched the final story, nice idea too see the original cybermen back but the story was total crap. And as the BBC going to plug the iplayer loop hole soon that will be the last time for me and no doubt many many more who do not have TV licences. Only watched it as a friend missed it and as no internet, their view was a thumbs down on the storyline. And probably will not bother after the Xmas special.

BTW: They too gave the thumbs down on the new Doctor.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 07-18-17 at 05:21 AM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 01:00 PM   #756
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

A great many years ago there was talk of maybe having a female Doctor in the original series. I remember then thinking how funny it would be when the Brigadier was confronted with this new incarnation.

I am, as always, withholding judgment until I've actually seen a few episodes. It might work, it might not. We'll see.
Old 07-18-17, 10:05 PM   #757
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Quote:
Didn't some high ranking Time Lord regenerated in to a female a few seasons back was probably the tester then followed by the Master and now the Doctor. Just a rating grabber that will backfire. It's clearly a PC move as there have been other PC moves in Dr Who over the years on its return.

Last night watched the final story, nice idea too see the original cybermen back but the story was total crap. And as the BBC going to plug the iplayer loop hole soon that will be the last time for me and no doubt many many more who do not have TV licences. Only watched it as a friend missed it and as no internet, their view was a thumbs down on the storyline. And probably will not bother after the Xmas special.

BTW: They too gave the thumbs down on the new Doctor.
Yes, it was the security chief or general or something, from the episode where the Dr has just returned to Gallifrey after being stuck in that castle for 6 Billion years. The way it was shown, it seemed this is a not uncommon thing, regenerating as the opposite sex.

When I started watching Broadchurch, I didn't know the new doc is one of the leads, only learned that after looking her up.

At the very least, she deserves to be given a chance. Not only is there a new doctor, but a new show runner too. Both of which have had successes in the past.

I still think the first doc of the new series was the worst I've seen so far.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 11:10 PM   #758
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Didn't some high ranking Time Lord regenerated in to a female a few seasons back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
Yes, it was the security chief or general or something, from the episode where the Dr has just returned to Gallifrey after being stuck in that castle for 6 Billion years. The way it was shown, it seemed this is a not uncommon thing, regenerating as the opposite sex.
Also in the episode 'The Doctor's Wife' Matt Smith (11) talks about his old friend The Corsair, who regenerated as a woman "a couple of times".
Old 07-22-17, 04:10 PM   #759
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Deborah Watling, Doctor Who companion, dies aged 69
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40684318

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-17, 06:30 PM   #760
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

R.I.P.! Deborah Watling - Victoria
Old 07-23-17, 08:11 AM   #761
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

RIP Deborah

Old 07-23-17, 04:47 PM   #762
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Trailer for the Xmas Special!
Old 07-24-17, 06:46 AM   #763
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Two Doctors, should be twice as good then

Old 07-04-18, 08:28 AM   #764
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Twitch is showing the old Doctor Who's, monday to friday @11am PDT (6pm GMT):
https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 10:49 AM   #765
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I guess that's cool for non-fans who get excited when somebody shows it. We real fans own every single episode, so we don't have to get excited about who's showing what and when.

Tags
doctor who