SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-14, 10:56 AM   #3001
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I think he means that your SH5 is not updated correctly

Go to; Silent Hunter '5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe' and run it!
This should update your SH5 to the correct version (1.2.0)
Have you tried this and mean that it doesn't work?

Like this (the picture shows v1.0.0 but i assume you see 1.1.5.0. Should be 1.2.0)

Thanks my friend!!!. I'll try.
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
TORDO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 11:23 AM   #3002
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer9 View Post
Does anyone know what is the difference between battlestations from NewUI officer tab and from XO's dialog menu. They have different icons:
IIRC, the human icon on the right is from the watch officer icon on officer panel. It is a state of more readiness. I think I spotted the description of readiness when hovering over the mouse icon over it, some mod corrected the icon information or someone commented about it in the threads.
Battle stations bell activated by XO dialog box or F7. Both will show up when activated in New UI for TDC at upper right displays.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 01:28 PM   #3003
archer9
A-ganger

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 2

Okay, I'm more interested in their effect - do they both do the same thing? Is there any benefit from having them both enabled at the same time?
archer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 01:47 PM   #3004
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Okay, I'm more interested in their effect - do they both do the same thing? Is there any benefit from having them both enabled at the same time?
I hope I'm wrong but I think those icons are pure cosmetics... I've newer noticed any benefit to U-Boat and crew performance with battle station command...
If I'm right , Rongel announced fix for this with next update of reworked moral and abilities.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 01:52 PM   #3005
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I hope I'm wrong but I think those icons are pure cosmetics... I've newer noticed any benefit to U-Boat and crew performance with battle station command...
If I'm right , Rongel announced fix for this with next update of reworked moral and abilities.
Never had one enabled, and not the other one soon after. Never did a test benefit comparison using both icons enabled against not enabling both icons. I do not recall any talk of this across the SH3-5 threads.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 02:21 PM   #3006
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Does anyone know what is the difference between battlestations from NewUI officer tab and from XO's dialog menu. They have different icons:

F7 closes the hatch doors .
Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\basic
[DAMAGE]
OpenComp=1
PartiallyOpenComp=0.5
EnclosedComp=0.1

Whatever that means .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 02:31 PM   #3007
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Using current mod list .
Started a new campaign and clicked on Coastal Waters . Left Memel and completed the Baltic mission . Headed for Kiel and entered the bunker at Kiel . Left Kiel and headed to eastern British waters . Headed to Scapa Flow but too dangerous . Headed back to Wilhelmshaven and entered the bunker at Wilhelmshaven .
Not a single ctd
Old 01-14-14, 03:53 PM   #3008
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Using current mod list .
Started a new campaign and clicked on Coastal Waters . Left Memel and completed the Baltic mission . Headed for Kiel and entered the bunker at Kiel . Left Kiel and headed to eastern British waters . Headed to Scapa Flow but too dangerous . Headed back to Wilhelmshaven and entered the bunker at Wilhelmshaven .
Not a single ctd

Very good news Thanks!

mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 05:21 PM   #3009
archer9
A-ganger

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 2

Is there any particular reason why MightyFineCrew mod is no longer in your list, sober?
archer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 05:26 PM   #3010
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Is there any particular reason why MightyFineCrew mod is no longer in your list, sober?
I took it out because I find that my computer runs a lot smoother without it . If its to do with scripts I dunno . Anyone can add it to there own list though .
Old 01-15-14, 09:32 AM   #3011
DaceDave
Watch

Downloads: 105

I navigated my way to Kiel with no CTDs or new issues other than those I mentioned in earlier post and then backed down into bunker #one without scraping a bit of paint off the boat. I've given the crew shore leave and I will stay put in Kiel and do more research into what I screwed up.

After being away for over a year... let me just say how much I'm lovin all the new (to me) elements in this mod list. Having been a sailor for many years, I love Real Navigation... I got right to the mouth of Kiel at midnight on a pitch black night with no problems other than almost missing the shortcut thru the pass at Fehmarn just as the sun was setting. Kinda hard to see the pass with the sun in your eyes and no navigation aids... and a navigator who needs to work on his deadreckoning skills. The lighted bouys were a great surprise... except it threw me for a minute as I'm used to "red, right, returning"... cause we do everything backwards in the US from the rest of the world. LOL... "Ship sighted... 500 meters dead ahead captian... maybe you want to follow international rules now?"

The weather and water, the lighting, ships, planes and everything else are all great. So I can't wait to figure out where I went wrong and get back on patrol. I won't bother anybody until I have narrowed it down and need something specific answered. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by DaceDave; 01-15-14 at 09:43 AM.
DaceDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 12:21 PM   #3012
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Never had one enabled, and not the other one soon after. Never did a test benefit comparison using both icons enabled against not enabling both icons. I do not recall any talk of this across the SH3-5 threads.
Seconded
Never seen any difference
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 12:22 PM   #3013
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Using current mod list .
Not a single ctd

Old 01-15-14, 12:31 PM   #3014
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaceDave View Post
I navigated my way to Kiel with no CTDs..
The weather and water, the lighting, ships, planes and everything else are all great...
I can just second this.
I haven't, so far, had any problems entering Kiel with Sober's .mep file
And i agree, the scenery is just stunning

BTW. to me it seems like all weird issues around here could, I say could, have to do with a messed up registry...

Old 01-15-14, 03:13 PM   #3015
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 0700 16012014
added
sobers best ever fog V26 SH5
sobers New UI addons for mega mod list SH5 V17
Changed the fog and adjusted the menu .
Enable anytime either on patrol or in base if only changing these 2 mods from the previous MEP file .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 01-15-14 at 04:02 PM.