SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-18, 07:53 PM   #1
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Depth view-port, turn-about, and depth input

Four items I think would be quite helpful in the new, upcoming version -- if it's not too late. In no particular order...

1. While in a mission, campaign style, I sometimes, often times, forget the mission orders. Would be nice to be able to read those when I, currently, press the escape key. You know, like, add a Review Orders button?
  2. The depth port window currently scales in increments of 1,000. Can it be scaled to a smaller depth than 1,000-feet for those missions where we are in shallow waters? That sea bottom line confuses me sometimes while sh-t is happening.
  3. Currently, the depth maneuver is in 50-feet increments. Can a feature be included that allows us to input a precise depth? Such as, maybe I want to go to 920-feet, not 900-feet, or 950-feet.
  4. Turn about maneuvers for the torpedoes: it is my understanding that the American torpedoes, perhaps other non-American torpedoes, perform a turn about maneuver when their seeker software discerns it is homing in on an American vessel. I think this began with the advent of the Mk48 (could be mistaken). Is that a feature that can be implemented? Sure would be nice during those times when I'm knife fighting an enemy vessel and I've lost the wire to my torpedo.
Just some ideas I thought would be nice additions to the otherwise superlative game.
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 01:24 PM   #2
SiegDerMaus
Edgerunner

Downloads: 10

You can already review your orders, just click on the button that says "Brief" up in upper left corner by the date.
SiegDerMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 09:41 AM   #3
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57

No. Not while I'm transiting the oceans (top-down map view with country and city names); while I'm actually in the mission hunting, stalking, engaging, and my crew is calling out while I'm...doing all the things I'm doing.
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 01:48 PM   #4
Topo65
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 382

You can take a screenshot to the brief (F12 in Steam), and then alt-tab to see it when you need read it.
Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 09:56 PM   #5
Shibster
Watch

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo65 View Post
You can take a screenshot to the brief (F12 in Steam), and then alt-tab to see it when you need read it.
That's not a bad idea. I think I'll paste a screenshot into paint and leave it on my second monitor. Hopefully it doesn't just come out as a black image.
Shibster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 05:50 AM   #6
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

Middle mouse button during strategic map allows you to view orders.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 10:46 AM   #7
Shibster
Watch

Downloads: 72

That is pretty handy. Thank you!
Shibster is offline   Reply With Quote