SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-10, 09:54 AM   #1
Fozzy22
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default "Failed to connect to Ubisoft Master Servers"

Is anyone else currently getting this as i've been trying to install the new UI mod and now the game won't start. Is it me who's f'd up my game folder or a Ubisoft server issue like the last couple of days?
Fozzy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:02 AM   #2
tennozan
Sparky

Downloads: 142

You mean a message like this?

An internet connection is required to play this game. Failed to connect to the Ubisoft master servers. Please verify that your internet connection is functional and try again.

No chief it's not just you. It's the MASTER servers at Ubisoft. Seems to me that all I was required to provide was the "internet connection" part and they would be good masters and provide me with the game I paid to use. Second day in a row that I can't use the game I paid good money for.

I was a fool to believe Ubisoft.

What a joke.
Old 03-08-10, 10:03 AM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Sounds like it's on Ubisoft's end.
Old 03-08-10, 10:15 AM   #4
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Na na naa, I'm still playing.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:23 AM   #5
Ali Fish
Seaman

Downloads: 5

yesterday, every single post at the ubi forums was closed within 5 minuites, that was anything pertaining to these problems. Today there forums dont even seem to be there. I believe ubisoft do what they do because they dont actually know what to do other than try make some profits. i have no faith in there leadership anymore. this is one **** gaming house company. i hope they go under.

also i cant help but get the feeling that the devs are not too happy with them also. i see things within things that lead me to think the state of our game at present is due to all this. i really mean this. im convinced its a backlash to ubisoft for many reasons. One of those being that ubisoft have demanded they make this a casual game of sorts.. which utlimatly has alienated every single person that was interested in silent hunter prior to the release of version 5 & thats without mentioning how the devs must feel given there work on the previous games. If i were them id be gutted,... to release a series of games and not appreciate those that bought the series and effectivly got it to version 5 is scandalous. i dont blame them for trying to make more profits. but they have definetly gone over the top this time. please ubisoft and before you are no more, sort it out before its too late.

on another note. what a crap weekend, i took the weekend off work to play silent hunter 5 and battlefield bad company 2. both havnt worked due to server issues of one form or another. what a weekend.
Ali Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 10:24 AM   #6
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136

same problem here... Connection work (I'm on Subism) but coz Ubisoft I can't play ...

I have a legal game and I can't play ...

we should put Ubisoft on justice.
Old 03-08-10, 10:27 AM   #7
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

yes, in the german forum a member of the aotd clan is preparing legal steps against ubisoft and he is asking for everyone, who feels fooled from ubi to join him.

"AOTD MadMaxU48"

in my opinion, he´s the men. i already joined his protest.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote