SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-16, 10:51 PM   #16
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
... the model of the Fiji class and now it has reached the same state as the model of the Southampton class:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/abcd0h26kpw8n/Liveries

Let's see if I manage to complete the two ships until 24 Dec (or 31 Dec) 2016.
Very good news !!! Looks very promising !
Old 12-13-16, 11:11 AM   #17
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

I can't wait for your next model(s) The_Frog. Your work is impressive, I wish I had half your modelling skills
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 01:54 PM   #18
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
.... I wish I had half your modelling skills
Gap, are you kidding? The pictures you posted show some of the best 3D things I've seen in the Silent Hunter universe.

Sadly, there's no way to make the Squid working. I once tried to create a working FX1400 ("Fritz X") as well as a Tallboy but didn't manage to make them work properly ...

Cheers
the_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 11:49 PM   #19
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162

@ The_Frog is ok still working with The Original NCO_FlowerMOD will try my utmost on Re mapping Hull and a new #cfg external textures for the entire ship.
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 12:20 AM   #20
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162

@The_Frog is ok, still working with what we have in the original NCO_FlowerMOD. Progress is slow as I rebuild some things from scratch ( my 3D ability only Progresses by trial and error ) Completed, Anchor Winch Relocated, Proper position and Equipment. Bow Mooring ring. 4-inch Anti-Gun Depression Bar. 4-inch Gun Platform Mesh. 4-inch Gun Platform Ladder Steps. 4-inch Gun Platform Davit To Do, 4-inch Gun Platform new ( Rounded version 5% reduction in Diameter ) several Fore Vents and one Hatch. 75% Completed Modified Wheelhouse with Proper Raised decking, Vertical Supports, and where applicable Handrails and stanchions and steps. Handrails around the Pilotage with Canvas fabric applied, Bridge Windscreen, Stepped Flooring x 2 installed. will add Voice pipes, electric boxes, two scratch built signal flag boxes. and two 20mm Gun tubs. I ave nearly completed the 271 radar Lantern with Vents, supports, and the walk through support. Catarg is complete as far as the 1941-45 version. I have yet to start the short Fo'cs'le version, or the R.C.N. versions. I have not stated a WIP thread yet but perhaps a few preliminary in game test pics will do for now until then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH3Img@13-12-2016_19.39.13_631.jpg (14.4 KB, 24 views)
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 05:22 PM   #21
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Exclamation

Dear Frog,

Before you share your new cruiser for our favorite game (SH3), let me expose some of my discoveries about your last library files (based on NCO_Bathurst mod).

1. The big and medium searchlights (SL) are not working in game because in guns_UK.sim, the medium SL has the parent ID of the big SL (in .dat), and the big SL has the parent ID of the medium SL (in .dat).

2. The beam of the big SL stays horizontal : to solve that, in guns_UK.dat, REF_big01_UK_beam must be child of REF_big01_UK_body.

3. I've improved a bit the beam models and adjusted them to the SL bodies. Now it looks like that :

4. I've also changed some small things about speed of rotation/elevation for the SL.

If you want, I can send you the files.

Respectfully,

Edit : I've also found models for the big guns of the King George V class battleship. Do you intend to model this ship, as you did for Queen Elizabeth ? That would be awesome !!! The stock model is soooooo hugly !

Last edited by Kendras; 12-26-16 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-27-16, 05:27 AM   #22
the_frog
Commander

Hello Kendras,

thanks for finding those mistakes. I thought them to be solved long ago but seemingly I then re-started working on defect files. It's so frustrating

Many thanks for offering corrected copies of the files. Please send
The library has been expanded but transfering the beam models is easy.

The speed of the searchlights has been set high because the smaller ones can be turned quickly since small and light; the big ones had electric drives that achieved high train and elevation rates.

Yes, the library contains several items not used with any of my own models. The turrets of the KGV class and of the Nelson class are examples. I did them for fun but I do not have any intention to build models of these two classes; I am happy with the converted SH5 models.
Other examples of items not used are the 6 inch central pivot guns. I did them because someone was building a D class cruiser. That model is still not finished yet.

I agree, many of the stock SH3 models are really ugly ... but they have been built more than 10 years ago ...

Cheers
Old 12-27-16, 08:24 AM   #23
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 48

Quote:
I did them for fun but I do not have any intention to build models of these two classes; I am happy with the converted SH5 models.
O
Hi mate!
I've a SH5 converted Nelson, but just a SH4 converted KGV; where can i find a SH5 converted KGV?

Thanks and best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-16, 12:49 PM   #24
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon12

Quote:
Many thanks for offering corrected copies of the files. Please send
The library has been expanded but transfering the beam models is easy.
Files sent in a PM ! Don't forget to corect also the sim file (change parent IDs). About beam models, you will notice that they are a bit shorter than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
I've a SH5 converted Nelson, but just a SH4 converted KGV; where can i find a SH5 converted KGV?
Where did you find these models ? I really would like to have them !
Old 12-27-16, 03:01 PM   #25
the_frog
Commander

@kendras:

I prepared a longer version of your beams :-)
The rest is fixed, too. Again, many thanks.

@kendras & von Dos

The conversion of the SH5 Nelson to SH3 was done by kovall. The SH5 model suffers from representing the Rodney in 1931 or so but not as in 1939 and onwards. Also, correct models of the heavy AA guns are missing.

The KGV I am using was done by replacing the 3D objects of the stock SH3 file by 3D objects from SH5 plus some rough re-adjustment of nodes. I cannot remember where the converted SH5 model came from; probably kovall did the extraction.

Some time ago someone posted at Subsim a link to a file archive with many SH5 ship models:
http://p3dm.ru/index.php?do=files&op...unter&cstart=1

Cheers
Old 12-27-16, 05:14 PM   #26
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
@kendras:

I prepared a longer version of your beams :-)

Quote:
Some time ago someone posted at Subsim a link to a file archive with many SH5 ship models:
http://p3dm.ru/index.php?do=files&op...unter&cstart=1
Some very nice 3D ship models, but how to use them in SH3 ???

I'm interested in your KGV work !
Old 12-28-16, 06:40 AM   #27
the_frog
Commander

Hello,

use them as every 3D model ...

In this case, transfrom the *.dds file of the diffuse textures to *.tga; import them to the *.dat. Load the 3D model in whatever 3D application you wish; separate those parts you wish to become separate 3O objects: import them into the *.dat file (make sure the correct materials/textures are activated).

I am not willing to share the KGV model. It is a rough thing and would need much improvement and adjustment. It is no "ready-to-use" model.

Also, since today (after applying the anniversary update of Windows 10) my SH3 system won't start anymore. Solving that problem has priority ...

Cheers
Old 12-28-16, 01:30 PM   #28
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9

Quote:
In this case, transfrom the *.dds file of the diffuse textures to *.tga; import them to the *.dat. Load the 3D model in whatever 3D application you wish; separate those parts you wish to become separate 3O objects: import them into the *.dat file (make sure the correct materials/textures are activated).
So, I will do this in the future, when I am good in 3D modeling and texturing, so perhaps never ...

Maybe VonDos could help me. I know how to tweak the .dat, .sim and .zon files, and I could easily do that (although it's a lot of work). What do you think VD ? Could you just import the 3D model in a new .dat file, and I do all the rest ! Also, this 3D model will need to be cutted in destroyable parts (masts, funnels, aircraft ....), but we will see this later. I can first make her ready to sail !

Quote:
I am not willing to share the KGV model. It is a rough thing and would need much improvement and adjustment. It is no "ready-to-use" model.
I can understand this.
Old 01-04-17, 12:37 PM   #29
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Maybe VonDos could help me. I know how to tweak the .dat, .sim and .zon files, and I could easily do that (although it's a lot of work). What do you think VD ? Could you just import the 3D model in a new .dat file, and I do all the rest ! Also, this 3D model will need to be cutted in destroyable parts (masts, funnels, aircraft ....), but we will see this later. I can first make her ready to sail !
Hi!
I've downloaded the model, it's cutted by herself, so, easy to do. It's just a (big) work of re-skin to do...
At moment i'm busy with QoB liner\cruiser model and a couple of collaborations that i'm not authorized to talk about (not my works :P ), btw, if you can wait until end of those projects...

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 01:50 PM   #30
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
At moment i'm busy with QoB liner\cruiser model and a couple of collaborations that i'm not authorized to talk about (not my works :P ), btw, if you can wait until end of those projects...
Something new on the making!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote