SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-08, 10:09 AM   #16
Will-Rommel
Chief

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

There is a binocular view, but the guns being IJN one, they don't understand the orders of my Deutch captain! :rotfl:

I think there is an incompatibility with the AI AA guns and the binoculars ''espace bar'' orders. But i think this could be fixed by adding a playable AA piece? :hmm:
Old 04-14-08, 10:17 AM   #17
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

I see what direction you're going in. Good idea to test the incompatibility. More than likely, it's a configuration change that needs to happen in the AI gun files. The AI ships aren't built to take any orders from anybody. So, it was probably an oversight by Xan, assuming that the information can be copied from the sub gun files and put into the AI gun files.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 02:28 PM   #18
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Nukem
Epic mod, hope to see more of your work!

To your question, It seems to be running fine for me, no problems at all as far as i can see! :p
After my Pocket BB the things will rollone after one..
During looking trough the museum, I began to love the BB Iowa..
So this wil be the next project (after my pocket BB) for our tommy-guys with 1.4(+1.5)

And nice to hear the mod works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will-Rommel

1-In the Command room, would it be possible to remove the 2 periscopes? (Or do so in your pocket BB mod) Because when the camera is in the command room, the two periscopes poles keep raising and lowering themselves, they dont stay fixed.
I will spent later time for the interior,cause usually u are on deck on a surfaced ship/
first I finish my pocket BB and then I make an Iowa(-pah this lil ship with a few guns), then interior

Quote:
2-Would it be possible to add one playable Flakvierling in the AA arsenal? Maybe replacing the gun wich is alone in its turret? It would allow me to assign a target to my crew instead of just pressing the ''Fire at will'' button.
There were no Vierling flaks on a Fubuki and I can't make the trible flaks playable, noone could give me help in this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Sarsfield
Is there a binocular view? I usually assign targets with the binoculars and I find it to be more effective to have them only shoot incoming targets.
U don't have the binocular view or u din't have the mod tested?

There is a binocular view, but the guns being IJN one, they don't understand the orders of my Deutch captain! :rotfl:

Quote:
I think there is an incompatibility with the AI AA guns and the binoculars ''espace bar'' orders. But i think this could be fixed by adding a playable AA piece? :hmm:
This Japanese understand my Deutschen 1WO, I just look at a target and hit space!
(In the Pocket Battleship mod ther will be a playable 20mm)
Old 04-14-08, 02:36 PM   #19
repalankas
Watch

Downloads: 12

Greetings for this mod!

Can´t find the fix you indicate in the read.me.

Please, can someone tell where can I download it?
repalankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 04:50 PM   #20
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Xantrokoles,sorry,i was at work,i can reply only now.
no i dont have a CTD.Only one was when i messed a bit trying to get rid of the blasted messed-up icons.

I must say that i founded a small bug(apart from others already pointed out)
The screw spin reversed in respect to the orders.
Anyway...i love this mod...and it's only a beta!
I hope you manage to expand this,what you have already do was
Good work.
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 06:26 AM   #21
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalankas
Greetings for this mod!

Can´t find the fix you indicate in the read.me.

Please, can someone tell where can I download it?
U can klick on the same link on the first post; it was just a little change and now it shouldn't be green anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwolf
Xantrokoles,sorry,i was at work,i can reply only now.
no i dont have a CTD.Only one was when i messed a bit trying to get rid of the blasted messed-up icons.

I must say that i founded a small bug(apart from others already pointed out)
The screw spin reversed in respect to the orders.
Anyway...i love this mod...and it's only a beta!
I hope you manage to expand this,what you have already do was
Good work.
Ok
u have to be happy with this, until my Pocket BB is ready, then we'll see
Old 04-15-08, 07:11 AM   #22
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Unluckily I still have the same problems, despite downloading the file again. Do I maybe have to delete some files from the former download?
Old 04-15-08, 09:18 AM   #23
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

I'd have question regarding the amount of ammunition on the 5" dual cannons. Because when i was on patrol, my guns one by one ceased firing but i didn't get report on out of ammunition. Is it possible to alter the amount of ammunition on the guns? ( I can do basic script editing on the game so if it possible that way, i'd like know what files to alter.)

Also regarding the Panzerschiff level of this mod wich is still under construction, Do you think it is possible to implement radar quidance system to the FCS, Wich i mean that you could choose an radar contact and open fire on that, without needing to specifically pin-point target from the observation deck.

Last edited by W4lt3r; 04-15-08 at 10:08 AM.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 11:19 AM   #24
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8
Default Damn fine mod!!

Wow is all I can say!! I have so been looking forward to a mod like this !!

I have the periscope problem , I assume everyone else does too? is this correct ?
Old 04-15-08, 12:14 PM   #25
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf
Unluckily I still have the same problems, despite downloading the file again. Do I maybe have to delete some files from the former download?
When u mean the green ship I think I found the problem( it has to do something with the sunlight)
I will upload later, cause now I know how to duplicate textures of ai ships and I must have this **** on my pocket BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4LT3R
I'd have question regarding the amount of ammunition on the 5" dual cannons. Because when i was on patrol, my guns one by one ceased firing but i didn't get report on out of ammunition. Is it possible to alter the amount of ammunition on the guns? ( I can do basic script editing on the game so if it possible that way, i'd like know what files to alter.)

Also regarding the Panzerschiff level of this mod wich is still under construction, Do you think it is possible to implement radar quidance system to the FCS, Wich i mean that you could choose an radar contact and open fire on that, without needing to specifically pin-point target from the observation deck.
Welcome to Subsim
For sure didn't have endless ammonition..
So u have to refill on the Tankers.
I think it would be possible to make a playable gun and then u would see ur count of ammo..., I didn't get this working, so I only can say no.

The Radar based shooting won't be possbile I think, and they haven't used that often, cause it was not exact enough

again over my skills
Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Hammer

Wow is all I can say!! I have so been looking forward to a mod like this !!

I have the periscope problem , I assume everyone else does too? is this correct ?
Yes we all got this
The persicope moves then when u rise a persicope... but u got no periscope, so animation is doing what it wants

later there could be a ship interior, if a 3d modeller would say: I ot time, I wanna do this, I will do this
(for the Iowa there would be a interior cool too)
Old 04-15-08, 12:42 PM   #26
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
The Radar based shooting won't be possbile I think, and they haven't used that often, cause it was not exact enough
Ironically, the one area that the Japanese did spend a lot of resource on was fire control directors. They won several night battles early in the war, because their radar directors were better than ours. You could simulate this by improving the accuracy values in the gun files.
www.ussbatfish.com

Old 04-15-08, 01:21 PM   #27
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

After some searching in the Guns_Radars (1.2.3).sim files in the Library/ShipParts Folder, i managed to find the cannon stat, that had the 5s reload time and clip size of 2 and name of the 5in_Double_Barrels_Jp, and seemingly it was the right one after editing the ammo amount, since on last patrol i sank 32 vessels without running out of ammo, although was low on fuel on the end of the trip ^^'
But sadly, the thing holds AA ammunition, the cannon crew doesn't know how to fire on planes with 'em..

But, good work, gotta give ya that.

Last edited by W4lt3r; 04-15-08 at 01:31 PM.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 01:34 PM   #28
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
Quote:
Ironically, the one area that the Japanese did spend a lot of resource on was fire control directors. They won several night battles early in the war, because their radar directors were better than ours. You could simulate this by improving the accuracy values in the gun files.
Are you sure? I heard the Japanese didn't have advanced Radar and won those night battles primarly because of both surprise, superior torpedoes and the fact that the Americans didn't have any experience fighting those, and that the later night battles that put an end to the Tokyo Express we're won by the USN because they DID have good Radar Fire Control

In fact, I believe none of the Japanese destroyers had Radar until the Akizuki class...
Old 04-15-08, 01:38 PM   #29
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

You're probably right about the DD's lacking the radar directors. The bigger ships definitely had them and we did give them a pounding at night east of the Philippines (Leyte) when we went to take the islands back. I remember reading somewhere that early in the war they had that advantage over us.

The two battles that come to mind are off of Guadalcanal on Nov. 13 and 14, 1942. The Japanese beat the tar out of the U.S. forces both times in night engagements. Luckily the USS Washington got some good hits on one of their battleships and successfully evaded the rest of their force. If I remember correctly, one of the burning ships (a US destroyer, I beleive) blinded the Japanese gun crews (they were concentrating on USS South Dakota, anyway), but it lit up the Japanese ships, which made it easier for the Washington gun crews to hit their target.
www.ussbatfish.com

Last edited by M. Sarsfield; 04-15-08 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-15-08, 02:37 PM   #30
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Actually, I was thinking of the so-called 1st and 2nd Naval Battles of Guadalcanal (The 2nd one was on November 15th BTW), The Japanese made some of their greatest mistakes relying on searchlights rather then Radar, the fate of the Akatsuki was practically sealed when it illuminated Atlanta and came under fire from half of the US battle-line, the same for Hiei when she used her 9 powerful searchlights, also, during the 2nd battle Washington was tracking a large target (Which was actually Kirishima) but was afraid to fire because Admiral Lee feared it could've been the disabled South Dakota (Stupid Circuit-Breaker), but when that same target illuminated and opened fire on the actual South Dakota she came under fire from Washington and was eventually scuttled like her ill-fated sister ship 2 days before, Overall the Japs did beat the snot out of the US Navy, but not without suffering a large number of losses on their side...

I think these 2 we're the most chaotic Naval Battles ever...