SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-18, 08:08 PM   #4516
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Yes, departing from Midway with a home port of Pearl to return to is possible, so I can safely say it was intentional. The departure points can even be closer to Empire waters, almost anywhere the Mod maker wants.

Enjoy TMOwTW, the main thing is to have fun!

Happy Hunting!
ok....cool.
thanks for confirming.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 04:11 PM   #4517
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Hello Skippers! Just a quick question (again) since we talked about multiSH here...
Can I uninstall the Stock Installation without destroying all other multiSH entries I have made?
I want to tweak around with some mods, but unfortunately I did not leave the Stock Installation unmodded
greetz!
Old 02-13-18, 04:32 PM   #4518
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff then View Post
Hello Skippers! Just a quick question (again) since we talked about multiSH here...
Can I uninstall the Stock Installation without destroying all other multiSH entries I have made?
I want to tweak around with some mods, but unfortunately I did not leave the Stock Installation unmodded
greetz!
In a word, yes you can. But why uninstall SH4, leave it as a template for when you want to work with it and you need another copy of stock SH4.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 08:25 PM   #4519
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63

That is exactly why I want to uninstall it. I modded my "Stock" SH IV Version with TMO, so I wanted to get a clean install to work with, since I've heard that TMO corrupts some files when you deactivate it. I should have been smarter before, but I wasn't. Anyway, thanks for the fast reply!
Will now keep a clean version for sure!
Old 02-24-18, 09:59 PM   #4520
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default unexpected feature of TMOwTw-no crew for AA

hey ducimus,

put this on the list for the next release.
when a player is assigned a Balao there are three AA guns: 2-20mm and 1-40 mm. there are crew billets for 1-20 mm and 1-40 mm.
this is not an issue for me because i never engage aircraft but it is an unexpected feature.

i am in the middle of 1943 and going strong.
love the mod-set
thanks.

mb
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

1 TMOwTw 2.50
1a wTw 2.50 Max Optics with Crosshair
1b wTw 2.50 Stock Sub Underwater Marker
1c U.S. Medals Fix II_TMOWTW
2 Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
3 Eye Patch for TMO v1.7
4_Bigger Better Protractors
5 Convoy Routes TMO 2.0
6 Pacific Sound Mod
7 Stop The Shouting
8 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)

LAA enabled
Old 02-26-18, 03:47 AM   #4521
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Ducimus retired from mod making some time ago. I wouldn't expect him to work on this anymore, though he may be open to letting someone else take it over.

On another matter. I seem to be having severely low FPS while in port (usually around 15 or so FPS), specifically while looking at the desk. If I open any of the other sections while in port (crew, equipment, torp loadout, etc) the FPS goes back to normal (usually over 60 now). Running SH4 with UBM and TMO 2.5.

Another thing, I had previously experimented with FOTRS Ultimate (none of these files are in my current install, wiped it clean for TMO) and like the radar PPI station. I am sad that the TMO PPI scope is so bland and not as useful. Any idea about what FOTRS Ultimate did with the PPI and if it could be ported to TMO 2.5 without breaking things?
Old 02-26-18, 08:15 AM   #4522
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
I may be mistaken, but I believe that Ducimus retired from mod making some time ago. I wouldn't expect him to work on this anymore, though he may be open to letting someone else take it over.

On another matter. I seem to be having severely low FPS while in port (usually around 15 or so FPS), specifically while looking at the desk. If I open any of the other sections while in port (crew, equipment, torp loadout, etc) the FPS goes back to normal (usually over 60 now). Running SH4 with UBM and TMO 2.5.

Another thing, I had previously experimented with FOTRS Ultimate (none of these files are in my current install, wiped it clean for TMO) and like the radar PPI station. I am sad that the TMO PPI scope is so bland and not as useful. Any idea about what FOTRS Ultimate did with the PPI and if it could be ported to TMO 2.5 without breaking things?
OTC http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181172 has the ppi you want for tmo.
Old 02-26-18, 10:20 AM   #4523
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

That's one of the mods I used to use...how could I have forgotten it...thanks for reminding me.
Old 02-26-18, 01:06 PM   #4524
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

IIRC there was someone named DGreyson (spelling??) who - I'm pretty sure made TMOwTW and some other misc mods... all good.

I searched my files but couldn't find it, I don't recall using it, but a lot of people did use it and liked it.

Edit:
His forum name here is Florida Sailor

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 02-28-18 at 11:21 AM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 03:48 PM   #4525
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You - as usual - are correct aanker!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 03:02 PM   #4526
rjschreiber
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Default Returning to service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanDurak View Post
Thank you very much for this useful great work
I've returned to SH4 after starting to reread my copies of Silent Victory! Looking forward to playing it with Trigger Maru. Waiting for approval from Subsim.
rjschreiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 10:21 AM   #4527
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default cannot comply message

pb,

is there a fix for the cannot-comply issue? i search the thread and did not find any entry after 2010 and no entries that suggested a fix.

this issue dropped into a mature career of 18 patrols late summer 1944. upon entering port, my balao-class was subjected to a mandatory refit and then in the subsequent patrol the cannot comply issue struck. i've tried the following fixes suggested previously but neither resolved the issue:

• return to previous patrol and stay out another 10-14 days.
  • call battle stations and then secure from battle stations.

so, are there any other suggestions?

mb

1 TMOwTw 2.50
3 Eye Patch for TMO v1.7
5 Convoy Routes TMO 2.0
6 Pacific Sound Mod
7 Stop The Shouting

LAA enabled
Old 03-20-18, 02:06 PM   #4528
propbeanie

I take it then that you've Saved and exited the game, then re-entered the game and reloaded that Save, mark bonamer? When using the 3000 yd bearing tool, you almost ~have~ to use LAA. If you haven't done that, do so. What kind of "Crash Dive" sound do you get with Pacific Sound Mod (I don't remember)? Can you get "The Sound" to rear its ugly head, as it did in FotRSU (0:46 seconds of this vid)?

That used to come about from doing TC over 32x and then later Crash Diving, and was actually the last milisecond of the crash dive sound that got "stuck" in the audio que. There were other little issues that went with that...

I managed to ruin a potential beta version of keltos' and peabody's mod Climb Mount Niitaka, by mixing AI sub parts with Human Control parts... I couldn't get the engine telegraph or rudder to respond to user input unless I dove the boat first (<D> key), surfaced, and then all was well. You don't have to go under, just start the dive, then <S> Surface the Boat... aanker would know for certain, but I'm thinking that TMOwTw has the Tambor fix in it, so I don't think that's the problem... I might be mistaken though - we've got 50-50 chance of that... or worse...

Old 03-20-18, 04:13 PM   #4529
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I take it then that you've Saved and exited the game, then re-entered the game and reloaded that Save, mark bonamer? When using the 3000 yd bearing tool, you almost ~have~ to use LAA. If you haven't done that, do so. What kind of "Crash Dive" sound do you get with Pacific Sound Mod (I don't remember)? Can you get "The Sound" to rear its ugly head, as it did in FotRSU (0:46 seconds of this vid)?

That used to come about from doing TC over 32x and then later Crash Diving, and was actually the last milisecond of the crash dive sound that got "stuck" in the audio que. There were other little issues that went with that...
to answer your questions:
  • yes, i ended the game, exited sh4, restarted sh4 and loaded the previous saved game.
  • the game is running with LAA enabled.
  • the crash dive sound is a double aah-ooga and the typical emergency dive commands being heard.
  • The Sound (ting-ting-ting) does not occur.
  • i tried your suggestion of crash diving and returning to the surface. that did not resolve the cannot-comply problem.

allow me to describe the situation in more detail:
  • running 1.5 from CDROM. LAA enabled.
  • the list of mods is attached to my signature.
  • the career began in 1941 at Pearl with a porpoise-boat (i think). had several upgrades of boats prior to assignment of a balao in early 1943. at the conclusion of my 18th patrol (mid-1944), my balao-class boat went through a mandatory refit at my home port of Midway Island. i have not discovered all of the changes yet. some of the changes that i have noticed are: paint job, change of AA weapons, change of deck gun, need to select both radar sets, opportunity to select upgraded hydrophone.
  • no changes were made to any of the mods nor were there changes to the mod list. (steaming as before)
  • began 19th patrol. immediately began with cannot-comply to EOT commands.
  • tried the call-to-battle-stations fix. did not fix problem.
  • tried the dive-and-resurface fix. did not fix the problem.
  • tried the re-load the game prior to the refit. stayed out until august 1, 1944 before ending the patrol. went through the mandatory refit described above. shoved off on 19th patrol and experienced the same cannot-comply issue.
i hope this helps.

mb

1 TMOwTw 2.50
3 Eye Patch for TMO v1.7
5 Convoy Routes TMO 2.0
6 Pacific Sound Mod
7 Stop The Shouting

LAA enabled
Old 03-21-18, 01:13 AM   #4530
propbeanie

Well, I'm sure you've read all about having the crew at Battle Stations too long, or being on Silent Running, etc. Another suggestion from the "days of old" was to remove a mod and then put it back in. Is Bigger Better Protractors still listed in dark text in JSGME, indicating it hasn't been overwritten? If so, that would be a good candidate to try.

One problem we still encounter doing FotRSU is 'bad' dates, such as February 29, or April 31. Any month with 30 days or less is a potential problem. Then there are the overlaps, where the terminating day for the old equipment is after the start date for the new. Those are the reasons some suggest staying out longer. Unfortunately, you as the player, have no easy way of finding out which date (if it is a date) is causing the trouble, nor which piece of gear it is - if it's gear...

The amount of extra time you stay out might have to be based upon getting past the end of the month, if you're into September... Can't be doing no upgrades on September 31st, 1944 - if that's what the root cause is...