SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-17, 12:09 PM   #1
mprizasg4
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Help guys im going crazy

Hello there captains..
i love this game but it needs mods to working.so..I m searching 10 days for mods but i cant make it...There are so many of them and i need help now..

I need mods only for control my sub (dials like SH4) and for quick order my crew...and this without change english lang...

sorry about my noob questions but im lost ,,

i know about JSGME and how to work with it but i didnt find the mod with what i need...

SOmebody saaaaave me,, saaaave me
mprizasg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:13 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

mprizasg4!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:27 PM   #3
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default What you need...

All you should need to begin with are the NewUI by TheDarkWraith mods. You can build up on that first one, and it should be the first.

Here is a bit of the text file that comes with the mod:

To install this mod correctly do the following:
Navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable 'NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith' via JSGME FIRST then enable any additional add-on mods you want (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default)

NOTE: is this mod perfect? NO WAY. It will continue to evolve as I learn more about the files and the game itself. Does the mod contain any bugs or errors? I hope not but to say it doesn't would be foolish. I will address errors/bugs as users find them and post them in my UIs thread. If the automatic mast height function isn't working correctly please start the game with Admin rights (right click the SH5 icon and select RunAs-->Administrator)

This mod will bring the several new UIs to SH5. Currently the list of UIs are:
- SH3 style
- SH4 style
- SH5 Enhanced

SH3 style UI consists of:
- familiar 3 dials (throttle/speed, heading/rudder, depth25/depth260).
- Officer shortcut bar with commands for officers.
- TDC. Each scope's TDC mode can be set to: no TDC, minimal dials, all dials
- Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph. Used to monitor levels of each. Current level displayed on bar graph.

SH4 style UI consists of:
- familiar 3 dials (throttle/speed, heading/rudder, depth25/depth260).
- Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph. Used to monitor levels of each. Current level displayed on bar graph.

SH5 Enhanced UI consists of:
- Heading bar integrated into the speed bar. Clicking the heading bar readout will reveal a heading/rudder dial. The dial is switchable from heading mode to rudder mode by clicking on the button under the dial. Clicking on the heading bar readout again will hide the dial (it retains the mode it was in when revealed again). Mousing into the heading bar readout and pressing the appropriate keys will set the ordered heading. You can press and hold the appropriate keys to keep changing the ordered heading. The appropriate keys (and all options) can be changed by editing \MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0_TheDarkWraith\data\Scripts\ Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py). Mousing out of the heading bar readout with a new ordered heading will cause this ordered heading to take effect. The dial can also be used to set the ordered heading / rudder angle. A tooltip has been integrated to be shown when you mouse into the heading bar readout. It will either display the current heading or if you have requested a new ordered heading the current ordered heading. Once within 5 degrees of the ordered heading the tooltip will start to display the current heading. The heading/rudder dial can also be cycled on/off using a hotkey. The state of the dial (rudder or heading) can be switched via hotkey also.
- Officer shortcut bar with commands for officers.
- optional integrated levels that gives the user Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph. Used to monitor levels of each. Current level displayed on bar graph.

Common to all UIs:
- Option to enable heading display in Binocular view
- Added skwasjer's digital clock to top right

>>> So start with that. You can add graphics and sound mods later. You may also want to check out Open Horizons mod, OH, that allows you to start a campaign of your choosing.

Old 11-21-17, 12:41 PM   #4
mprizasg4
Swabbie

thanks bro!!!!!!! i put all in JSGME so i make this chaos in game,
you r great raymond6751

Last edited by mprizasg4; 11-21-17 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-21-17, 12:44 PM   #5
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprizasg4 View Post
Hello there captains..
i love this game but it needs mods to working.so..I m searching 10 days for mods but i cant make it...There are so many of them and i need help now..

I need mods only for control my sub (dials like SH4) and for quick order my crew...and this without change english lang...

sorry about my noob questions but im lost ,,

i know about JSGME and how to work with it but i didnt find the mod with what i need...

SOmebody saaaaave me,, saaaave me
Hello mprizasg4 Welcome Aboard

You need the TDW Generic Patcher to get rid of Bugs in the Vanilla game this will also give you a lot of customisable options including SH3 and 4 Dials ( even more when used in combination with the options file viewer )

Then you can add your mods, the Best is "Wolves of Steel " in terms of both content and ease of use

You may wish to experiment a little first but getting a stable set of mods can be difficult

The Guide by Berbster is the best way of getting up and running as trouble free as possible and well worth looking up

LSH3-2015 <> TUTORIALS <> ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW <> ALL IN ONE PLACE
SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFORMATION <> DOWNLOAD LINKS
SH5 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFORMATION <> DOWNLOAD LINKS
Always Here To Help A Fellow 'Subber' | Need An Answer to A Question Just Send Me A PM

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

Simple or more advanced is up to you taking shortcuts often ends up in Tragedy so its well worth taking your time getting set up

Asking for help is never regarded as a Noob question don't worry about that, its sensible.

Best regards

Simon
WOLVES of STEEL

Last edited by Cyborg322; 11-21-17 at 12:55 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 12:55 PM   #6
mprizasg4
Swabbie

Cyborg322 you rock too bro...your help is great about mods...Thank you people
now the things are more clear to me

Last edited by mprizasg4; 11-21-17 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-21-17, 05:28 PM   #7
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > mprizasg4
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 10:50 AM   #8
mprizasg4
Swabbie

another nice subject !!!!
thanks a lot THEBERBSTER
Old 11-22-17, 01:33 PM   #9
mprizasg4
Swabbie

Default Thanks to all

ok now the game is working fine and thank you all guys for the help & the answers