Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-10-06, 12:34 AM   #1
studabakahawk@optonline.n
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default panzer commander

hi anyone remember panzer commander? it was very good tank sim ( a few flaws , no infantry was biggest) a guy names alex hackenberg was doing a patch (1.5) to make it run in windows xp, and up date it but he fell off the earth or was knocked out of the copala anyway.
it featured russian german british and americian campaigns and had just about every afv you could imagine.
was fairly early 3d game but had descent graphics.
i have it installed on an old hard drive with win 98 and will plug it in from time to time with patch up to 1.4 its a shame such a good game hasnt been picked up by a publisher and put on an more modern graphics engine to allow it to run in win xp enviornment. can that be done???
anyway i just like to throw that game out there it was pretty good

Old 02-10-06, 06:30 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Welcome,

you better believe it is no good idea to hand your email-adress around so freely. Will get your email account into trouble sooner or later! Better keep it safe and reveal it only to trusted people.
Old 02-12-06, 07:27 AM   #3
kaptkirkU4467
Navy Dude

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Well,sorry to say it..but PZ will not work with XP..and no work arounds can change it.

G/K Worldwide: Making your life miserable since 2002 !
K.R.A.P.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=240
kaptkirkU4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 08:22 PM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Welcome,

you better believe it is no good idea to hand your email-adress around so freely. Will get your email account into trouble sooner or later! Better keep it safe and reveal it only to trusted people.
Yeah, I agree. Studebaker, maybe you could change it, I would hate to see you get spammed to death due to using it as your username, mate.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 12:12 AM   #5
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default PZ Cmder in WinXP

I'm can actually run 1.0 in XP...but when I install the 1.3 patch, I get this message: "Please put a CD into the Drive."
Old 02-26-06, 12:18 AM   #6
studabakahawk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default panzer commander

i have it on an old hard drive with windows 98, and i play it from time to time i have it patched up to 1.4 it is so sweet i swear, it is not technacally the best game( like steel beasts for realism) but to have every afv from british,german. russian and americian in one game is really to great to put into words , it has pretty good 3-d graphis for its day too!
there was a fellow named alex hackenberg who made the 1.4 patch and was working on a 1.5 patch but it unraveled and he fell off the earth.havnt heard from him in 5 yrs.
if someone could just take that game and put a modern graphics engine(like an unreal engine) on it it would be doable too, and the game exists already so the r&d would be half done when you start
damn and the lame ass stuff we see coming out like panzer elite,since this game poped up almost 10 yrs ago. what a pitty
Old 02-26-06, 12:26 AM   #7
studabakahawk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default panzer elite

hey i just looked at the web site for the new panzer elite game , if it as good as it looks in there i take back what i said this looks like fantastic tank sim.
please dont dissapoint us we have been dreuling for a good ww2 tank sim game. see you in my range finder and aim for the turret ring