Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-17, 09:11 AM   #1
Convoy Assassin
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default MODS without using JSGME

I have just discovered the MODS(Ultrasubs) and want to use them but am really struggling with it.
I was wondering if it were possible to install MODS without having to use JSGME?

If it is, where,exactly, in the Silent Hunter 5 file do I put them?

I:E Do I need to create a new folder called MODS,Can I copy either the UltraSubs_v2.0 folder or any of the sub folders and/or their contents & paste them somewhere in the Silent Hunter 5 folder?

Sorry if this sounds stupid,as you can probably gather,I am not to hot on computers or adding MODS,but I do love playing Silent Hunter sims.

Can anybody help me with this please?
Convoy Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 10:19 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The User's Manual for JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) is here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//dow...o=file&id=3814

After a little bit of trial and error, you'll be good to go.

If you've got the Steam version of the game, the folder structure is a bit "deeper", under the Steam folder structure, but the easiest way is for you to take the JSGME program files, and put them in your game's base folder. On my SH4 install, I've got "C:\ Games \ SH4 \", so I put it in the SH4 folder, alongside where the Data folder is. When I run JSGME the first time, it creates a MODS folder, which is where I put the mod that I want to activate. So I have "C:\ Games \ SH4 \ MODS \ ModIwantToEnable \ Data..." etc structure. You have to check your mods' folder structure before activating them, to be certain that you have a Data folder just below the folder with the mod's name. Some of the mods come with multiple options, hence they have a different folder structure, and you have to check the ReadMe files for instructions. The JSGME User's Manual goes into greater detail, and tells you how to set the program up a couple-three ways...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 02:12 PM   #3
Convoy Assassin
Watch

Default Thanks propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The User's Manual for JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) is here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//dow...o=file&id=3814

After a little bit of trial and error, you'll be good to go.
If you've got the Steam version of the game, the folder structure is a bit "deeper", under the Steam folder structure, but the easiest way is for you to take the JSGME program files, and put them in your game's base folder. On my SH4 install, I've got "C:\ Games \ SH4 \", so I put it in the SH4 folder, alongside where the Data folder is. When I run JSGME the first time, it creates a MODS folder, which is where I put the mod that I want to activate. So I have "C:\ Games \ SH4 \ MODS \ ModIwantToEnable \ Data..." etc structure. You have to check your mods' folder structure before activating them, to be certain that you have a Data folder just below the folder with the mod's name. Some of the mods come with multiple options, hence they have a different folder structure, and you have to check the ReadMe files for instructions. The JSGME User's Manual goes into greater detail, and tells you how to set the program up a couple-three ways...
Thanks propbeanie.

I forgot to mention that it is the Steam version that I have. I can now have a go at using the MODS.
Thanks again
Old 09-19-17, 03:54 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Big question looms then, what folder did you install the game to? THEBERBSTER and others may have further advice about updating the game itself and other aspects. Anytime I go to do anything SH5, I have to read through THEBERBSTER's thread SH5 <> TUTORIALS <>HOW TO DO IT <> INFORMATION <> DOWNLOAD LINKS, especially on updating the game... go and be careful!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 12:18 PM   #5
Convoy Assassin
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Big question looms then, what folder did you install the game to? THEBERBSTER and others may have further advice about updating the game itself and other aspects. Anytime I go to do anything SH5, I have to read through THEBERBSTER's thread SH5 <> TUTORIALS <>HOW TO DO IT <> INFORMATION <> DOWNLOAD LINKS, especially on updating the game... go and be careful!
I installed it on C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5