SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-22-17, 09:55 AM   #1
Rodent Onboard
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default Version 1.08c problem loading game. Help please.

Steam updated my program to version 1.08c this morning (Sept 22, '17). Since then, I get the following error whenever I try to load the game.

ERROR:system.Collections.Generic.Dictionary'2[System.String.System string doesn't contain a value for wires .

I've tried reloading current campaign, single missions, different subs, etc. All efforts produce the same result. The error message gives 2 options, Close or Quit. Close does not work.

Before I uninstall and reinstall in an effort to fix this, is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for helping.

Edited to add. Tried all menu options. Training thrpough campaign. Same rewult.
Rodent Onboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 10:31 AM   #2
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57

Sort of. I had to uninstall the 2004 campaign -- I thought (always worked for me in the past whenever there were any such issues). Not this time. Regardless of what I do, I experience all of the same issues I experienced with all mods except the 2004 campaign. This time, however, I have experienced the same issues with the 2004 campaign, even after deleting that campaign: overlapping text at the start screen; overwrite confirmation with blurred text; general inability to play the game. Only current work around is to delete all mods and revert to the original game.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:12 AM   #3
MisterMannIndy
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

Yeah, I think we have to let the mod makers catch up on this one. It appears KF just released the 1.08c patch this morning.

I am playing without mods and experiencing the 688 the way the devs intended. A much different experience for sure - I actually have to hunt and find the contacts instead of them simply showing up almost immediately like they do in the FLTIII or Seawolf.
MisterMannIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 12:37 PM   #4
Rodent Onboard
Nub

Downloads: 7

It appears I need to uninstall the 2004 campaign. I can't find that anywhere, is it on Steam? How do I uninstall 2004 for the time being?
Rodent Onboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 01:09 PM   #5
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

Try looking at the 2004 campaign thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232308

-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 07:20 PM   #6
EagleBeak
Nub

Downloads: 3

There really ought to be a way to play older versions of the game or to uninstall patches. I had no issues with the previous version, and now I have no interest in playing the game until this mod is fixed.
EagleBeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 07:37 PM   #7
-Pv-
The Old Man

The latest official version of the game at this time is 1.07d. Everything after that is BETA. 1.07d is stable and playable.
According to other threads on this forum, if you use the Steam app interface to Unsubscribe from beta, the latest official stable release of the game should be restored.

Any time you decide to test beta software in a game, you are taking the risk you'll experience untested problems which is what beta software is all about.

Likewise, mod updates based on the unstable betas may also have additional problems. For that, you'll need to rename the Override folder so those don't run.

-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 08:26 PM   #8
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

1.08c went live about 12 hours ago.
So mods may conflict with it until they are updated.
Old 09-23-17, 12:01 PM   #9
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

If you are running any mods, you will need to uninstall them until the Mod Makers update them. I updated the 2004 Campaign mod yesterday evening. Not sure about any of the other mods.

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 03:33 PM   #10
EagleBeak
Nub

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTJGBeam View Post
If you are running any mods, you will need to uninstall them until the Mod Makers update them. I updated the 2004 Campaign mod yesterday evening. Not sure about any of the other mods.
You're the man! Thanks so much for the speedy update! I'm used to modders taking weeks to update their content, if ever (I understand they are working for free).

Keep up the excellent work. Hopefully Killerfish finds a way to allow you to make new sub models.
EagleBeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 05:52 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

EagleBeak!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 12:16 AM   #12
Bungo_Pete
Medic

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish Games View Post
1.08c went live about 12 hours ago.
So mods may conflict with it until they are updated.

So whats in it?
I was playing a 68 campaign,and I had an an echo by the balls and he wiggled free...I like it, seems the AI has been beefed up.Keep up the good work.
Bungo_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-17, 02:04 AM   #13
Bungo_Pete
Medic

Downloads: 14

definitely a lot different playing 68 skipjacks get detected a lot easier (their loud) it seems and going after surface contacts is again different for me anyways.I find myself using radar now and I have to sometimes keep my periscope on target longer to get a 95% solution.I really do not know If I am imagining this or just playing it so much I'm getting different playing results.
Bungo_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-17, 05:20 AM   #14
Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Ace of the Deep

They rebalanced quite a few things (for example, Los Angeles are now 125dB), so it might indeed be harder.
Kazuaki Shimazaki II is offline   Reply With Quote