Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-19, 04:04 PM   #1
oifsnafu
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Hilariously Mislabeled Gauges

Hi, guys.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the mislabeled gauges in the control room. For instance, the backbord and steuerbord RPM gauges are labeled "Abfragen/Einstellen" (register/adjust) and "Frequenzabgleich" (frequency tuning) respectively. The forward dive plane angle meter is called "Schusswinkel" (firing angle) and the aft dive plane meter is called "Zuender" (fuse). In strolling around the control room, I've even found one plate upside down as well as mislabeled. It appears that there were a limited number of plates made and these were just re-used at any place a name plate seemed appropriate. Not an issue to be addressed, just wondering if any of the other deutschsprechende volk out there noticed. For non-German speakers, imagine if you were playing a game made to be about an American submarine and you saw these labels on the gauges. That baffled "Huh? Wait...what?" sensation. I'm wondering if anybody else has had that.

Having said that, the Wolves of Steel mod is amazing. I'm on a limited income and I was able to get SH5 on Steam for $4, which is PERFECT for my budget. The reviews on the game made it seem nearly unplayable. The work that the Wolves of Steel team did on this mod is just perfect and I'm able to get completely lost in the immersion. Plotting ship courses from hydrophone contacts is fun and likewise calculating torpedo data etc., etc., but honestly, I really like just being out on the sea in the boat in different weather, above and below water. Just...out of my head...in another place and time.

Thank you for fixing this broken game. I'm genuinely grateful.
oifsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 07:43 PM   #2
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63

Jep, reading something like Streuwinkel on the electric engine was kinda funny and sad all in one. I don't understand, they design the whole interior pretty nice, and then stop bothering anyhow in terms of labels. What were they even thinking? That people who buy SUBMARINE SIMULATOR won't notice? In terms of bugs and mistakes, SH5 is among the worst games I have ever played. I even knew that before I bought it, because it looked so nice in videos.
Well, TWoS really is top work and saves this incredible platform. Unfortunately it's just too demanding for my machine. A few min into the game and my gpu fan screams. Plus abysmal loading times.
Lucky for those who have a decent machine, I guess.
Old 02-27-19, 12:45 AM   #3
oifsnafu
Nub

Hey, Geoff.

I was just laughing at the "Christmas tree as submarine camouflage" in your signature. I was in a CAAT platoon in the Marines (Marinesoldaten) where we drove around in HMMWVs with heavy weapons (.50 cal machine guns, TOWII missile launchers, and MK19 grenade launchers). 15 trucks in 3 sections...very visible, very noisy...but our platoon commander would make us put on camouflage face paint before operations because he said it "puts you in a tactical mindset". We thought it was hilarious and the running joke was that the enemy would see our HMMWVs and not us...like "Oh, my god! There's nobody driving those trucks!!" or "Holy cow! The Americans have trained trees to fight!!"

Anyway, sorry your system grumbles on SH5. It's great escape for me.
Old 02-27-19, 01:29 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

oifsnafu!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 02:29 AM   #5
oifsnafu
Nub

Ahoy, Aktung!
Old 02-27-19, 07:23 AM   #6
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff then View Post
What were they even thinking?
Apparently, they did labels for TDC and then decided to reuse the texture all over the boat. Because who cares what they say as long as they look German enough, right?
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 12:54 PM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I wonder , is this error ever noticed by our main sub interior modders.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote