SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-10, 04:05 PM   #1
Hangman
Bosun

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default TA in LwAmi 3.10 SSN21 TB-16 vs TB-29

Hey all,

I've been searching for quite some time regarding the location of the TB-16 vs TB-29 TA on the SSN21.

I've read it some where (either in the endless supply of documents from the mods or on the mass amount of posts here on the forum), that on the Seawolf (SSN21) the TA on the Port is one of these sensors and the TA on the Starboard side is the other type, but I don't remember which is which.
Can one of the Modders (or someone who knows) that put LwAmi together explain which side each of the sensors are on ?

Sorry to be a bother.

If I remember correctly, the TB-29 is the more sensitive of the sensors and the TB-16 is the standard from the 688i days. Is this correct ?

Thanks.

<edited>: Are there two or more TA sensors on other boats as well ? If so, what would they be and which side would each be on ?. Thanks.
Old 09-16-10, 04:36 PM   #2
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

SSN21: Starboard: TB-29
Port: TB-16

688I: Starboard: TB-23

Note: IRL the 688I's -23 is on the port side, but in DW the Starboard array is the default array and is frequently streamed from mission start, so we've put the more sensitive array in the default slot.

Sensitivity: TB-29 > TB-23 > TB-16
Old 09-17-10, 01:45 AM   #3
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183

In the French Millsab mod, the TA has also been modified on 688 I TB29A TB34
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-10, 10:36 AM   #4
Hangman
Bosun

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
SSN21: Starboard: TB-29

688I: Starboard: TB-23

Note: IRL the 688I's -23 is on the port side, but in DW the Starboard array is the default array and is frequently streamed from mission start, so we've put the more sensitive array in the default slot.

Sensitivity: TB-29 > TB-23 > TB-16
Ahhh, Thank you Molon Labe.
You know, it's funny really. So I've been searching for days, and right after I give up looking and post the question, I read it on the SCHQ TACMAN Rev2.pdf about the TA's.
Although, according to the TACMAN, the TA's TB-16 on each sub (688i & Seawolf) is on starboard, so it's a good thing I asked anyway.
Now, the SCHQ TACMAN rev2.pdf is also refering to Sub Command as appearently, DW had not yet been released. Do you know if there's been an update to the TACMAN ?
The manual for LwAmi has this configuration labelled correctly I believe (I think this is where my confusion lies, one document sais it's one way, the other document puts in the opposite).

Anyway, Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149
In the French Millsab mod, the TA has also been modified on 688 I TB29A TB34
Wow, there's a TB-34 sensor too ? Cool. Is it simply more sensitive than the TB-29 or is it a completely different sensor ?
And what's the difference (I'm assuming it's a small one) between the TB-29 and the TB-29A ?

Thanks.
Old 09-17-10, 12:55 PM   #5
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
Do you know if there's been an update to the TACMAN ?
No, and really, there doesn't need to be. So little changed from SC to DW. The one thing that (I think) is mentioned in the TACMAN that doesn't really work in DW is when they start getting into DEMON, since narrowband contact won't produce DEMON information in DW.

Quote:
The manual for LwAmi has this configuration labelled correctly I believe (I think this is where my confusion lies, one document sais it's one way, the other document puts in the opposite).
You can consider the LWAMI manual to be the authoritative document on the LWAMI mod.