SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Pirates & Sailing Ships
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-06, 04:32 PM   #1
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default AOS II PB

Hi all,

Are there any websites left for this game?

I was looking for some additional scenarios.

I just found a copy of AOSII PB. I have AOS and played it, but didn't buy AOS II PB originally and then couldn't find a copy.

If anyone knows of a website, I would be grateful. THe links I have found are all dead.
and in the darkness sink them.\"

with apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien
Sgian Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-06, 08:50 AM   #2
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Downloads: 0

Hmmm.

I guess this game is truly dead. I haven't been able to find a single active site. Too bad, it was really good in its own way.
and in the darkness sink them.\"

with apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien
Sgian Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-06, 06:15 PM   #3
Von Hagen
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

Hi,

You're not alone sailor!

I've not found much but go there : http://www.akella.com/priv/news-en.html

This game is also downloadable now on various sites.

Hope it helps.

ahoy!
Von Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-06, 06:39 PM   #4
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Downloads: 89

Sorry for the late reply, I just got a secondhand copy of Privateers Bounty myself.

It's a GREAT game simulation-wise.

Try these sites guys (if you're still around!)

http://anglodutchwarsblog.com/index.html

http://forum.sealordsvf.org/lofivers...php?t3557.html

The game is great but the scenarios in the campaign - err the campaigns themselves - are kinda kooky. I'm working on something completely different - I'm wondering WHY they couldn't have done something historically based - the life of Edward Pellew, Lord Exmouth and his legendary HMS Indefatigable for example. They have several of his battles in the game already! - so I'm working on a historically based campaign on the young US navy called 'The American Commodore'. It follows an ambitious young (22 y/o technically) captain of a US Revenue Cutter circa 1792 who has to deal with an indifferent crew, an ambitious politically appointed merchant's son who feels HE should be in command, a suicidally depressive second in command and plenty of betrayal, double-dealing, piracy, smuggling and romance on the high seas in America's first 'war on terror' - the independent privateers and pirates of the carribean and North Atlantic seaboard and the Barbary 'terrorists' of the North African kingdoms. As the game progresses you can buy 'upgrades' (actually stronger incarnations of your ship) and progress from an officer of the US Revenue Service (yeah you start out as a glorified sailing IRS guy!) - the first 'navy' of the post-Revolution United States - to a full fledged officer of the United States Navy, a contemporary of Decatur, Preble, Barry, Bainbridge, Lawrence and Hull and one of the 'fathers' of the modern fleet (some of the epilogues should state that you have several ships named after you, others will even have one of your descendants becoming president of the United States! - of course if you fail there's other 'futures' that can happen).

There are still those who like the game out there I think but sadly Akella was distracted by Seadogs and Pirates of the Caribbean and did not follow up on this - it could have been a great game with more user suggestions and input taken into account. Campaigns are hard to figure out, somewhat clunky - but workable. Anyways, I'll try and figure out more about campaigns and post any work I finish here.

best wishes,
Mountbatten