SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-14, 02:20 PM   #121
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Has anyone got a working link to the English language pack for JSGME?
Any other JSGME issues, click on signature link below.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 04:26 PM   #122
rif319
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

Здравствуйте. Помогите новичку, хотя не модифицированную SH5 пользую года 3. Стоит голая Ubi от Буки v.1.2.0. Установил JSGME. С каких модов, а главное с их версий начать. Хотелось бы реальных приб., способов управления, гаджетов как в 3 или 4. Буду очень признателен за помощь.
rif319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 02:37 PM   #123
Hiding
Swabbie

Downloads: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by rif319 View Post
Здравствуйте. Помогите новичку, хотя не модифицированную SH5 пользую года 3. Стоит голая Ubi от Буки v.1.2.0. Установил JSGME. С каких модов, а главное с их версий начать. Хотелось бы реальных приб., способов управления, гаджетов как в 3 или 4. Буду очень признателен за помощь.
Для начала найди английскую версию Silent Hunter 5
Hiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 06:59 AM   #124
Simonko9900
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

can someone tell me how to use the steel viking interieror mod
Simonko9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 02:58 PM   #125
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Simonko9900
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Quote:
can someone tell me how to use the steel viking interieror mod
Do you mean you want to know how to enable it?

Post #4 JSGME Installing It Correctly
Steel vikings mod comes in 2 parts.
Main mod + Mod patch

You need to open each zip file and extract to the JSGME MODS folder in your Silent Hunter 5 main game folder.
The patch is enabled behind the main mod which it will then overwrite it.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-18, 04:42 PM   #126
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you for the work!
Old 01-14-19, 09:53 PM   #127
Nicolas
Commander

Downloads: 194
Uploads: 4

Hello, just a suggestion even if this is 2018 and the latest version was 2010.

I use Jsgme with other games, and they usually not have a lot of folders unlike in sh3 which has all of them, like this when several mods adds the same folders the program detects conflicts and greys out the 'overwrited' mod even if it is just a folder conflict, which is a pain if i need to disable a mod on the top of the list to update it, i need to disable a lot of other mods first update and then enable them all again.

So a version without folder conflicts would made this the perfect mod organizer for me. Just don't remove the folder if there is files in it and thats it, maybe thick an option if the user wants folder conflicts or not?.

Thanks.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 06:53 PM   #128
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Hello, just a suggestion even if this is 2018 and the latest version was 2010.

I use Jsgme with other games, and they usually not have a lot of folders unlike in sh3 which has all of them, like this when several mods adds the same folders the program detects conflicts and greys out the 'overwrited' mod even if it is just a folder conflict, which is a pain if i need to disable a mod on the top of the list to update it, i need to disable a lot of other mods first update and then enable them all again.

So a version without folder conflicts would made this the perfect mod organizer for me. Just don't remove the folder if there is files in it and thats it, maybe thick an option if the user wants folder conflicts or not?.

Thanks.
Nicolas, your message is 2 years old but having just seen it, I'll reply as JGSME is still the gold standard in this forum & subsim gaming. JGSME is OK for mod isolation, GREAT for load order management. It does nothing for conflict visualisation and conflict resolution. There are quite a few software packages that can do this for you, here is a short list: https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/mod...ers-Comparison

One such software I am aware and have personally used is Mod Organiser and here are the sites for it: https://www.modorganizer.org and https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer

Just to be clear I have no affiliation with them I'm just a happy MO user - it is open source free software anyway.
I am also a happy JGSME user by the way, nothing wrong with JGSME, both good tools in the same domain with different feature set.

Mod Organizer is originally created for Bethesda Games (Elder Scrolls series/Oblivion, Fallout, Skyrim etc.) they only recently started adding built-in explicit support for other games however I have been using it for years by jumping hoops such as creating a blank text file and renaming it Oblivion.exe and OblivionLauncher.exe (so MO thinks it is managing Oblivion and works OK). If you want support on it, create a thread and PM me to let me know the thread URL and I will help you out set up MO to manage SilentHunter or any other game really.

To give you an idea here is two 'mod conflict' screenshot examples. We have two tiny (Silent Hunter 4) mods here, both overwriting the same "Commands.cfg" file where key bindings are configured.
In one screenshot one of them is on top thus the bottom one (that gets added later in execution) overwrites it.
In the other screenshot I drag & dropped to change order so the other one gets overwritten.

Obviously load order changing alone can work sometimes. At other times it is not very helpful (you can do that in JGSME anyway), in MO however you can see what exactly is being overwritten which makes it easier to manually handle the conflict. Here is some more info if you're interested:
Basic https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Mod_Organizer
Advanced https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/G...nizer_Advanced

There might be better (newer) ones also, I've seen some on Reddit but personally haven't tried them out. Good luck!
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 09:57 AM   #129
Cloud Puncher
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15
Icon14 New member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My userid relates to a previous life in Air Defence (SHORAD) R.A.

So am looking forward to developing my nautical skills and having fun.

Best wishes and thanks again.
Cloud Puncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 10:45 AM   #130
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

CloudPuncher!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote