SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-18, 02:19 AM   #1
The Milkman
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Game crashes during convoy

Hi all. Playing SH5 with the TWoS mod with 100% realism. Staked a convoy of ships and closed in for the kill.

Problem is once ships get to a certain range from me the game crashes to desktop. A few of the ships are missing detail on the decks as if they are being rendered from much further away than they actually are. (Like missing detail that i know they normally have up close)

Anyone ever seen this issue? if so is there a way to circumvent this problem? I'd hate to loose this opportunity. Playing on 100% realism no reloads and no deaths haha.
Old 03-13-18, 11:39 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I don't play at 100 realism, but have you tried to save to a new game slot and reload the game? Does it still happen then?
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-18, 12:36 PM   #3
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

I didn´t have that problem with TWoS from version 2.0 - now 2.2.3. When you sight or detect a convoy, save the game and reload. Before start the approach. If you are playing for 3 hours, detect a convoy and continue to play, could cause some problem. But I didn´t have they in my installation.

Steam version? I have DVD version.
Memory of your GC?

My SH5 TWoS runs at 60 or more FPS; I limited the FPS with Nvidia Inspector to 35 FPS. And don´t play in window mode and/or synchronization.

Good luck and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 09:22 PM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milkman View Post
Hi all. Playing SH5 with the TWoS mod with 100% realism. Staked a convoy of ships and closed in for the kill.

Problem is once ships get to a certain range from me the game crashes to desktop. A few of the ships are missing detail on the decks as if they are being rendered from much further away than they actually are. (Like missing detail that i know they normally have up close)

Anyone ever seen this issue? if so is there a way to circumvent this problem? I'd hate to loose this opportunity. Playing on 100% realism no reloads and no deaths haha.
Definitely doesn't sound like something which should be happening with Wolves of Steel on board.
Judging by your posts history, you may be dealing with corrupted game or mod installation.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 02:24 PM   #5
Marques Bassus
Nub

Downloads: 9

I'm having somewhat of a the same issue, was crashing always at a specific time, but it seems its crashing because of the large convoy.
Did you manage to solve the problem?
Marques Bassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 05:10 PM   #6
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

This stopped with me when I upped my RAM to 32gig.

Only time it happened for me were with massive wolfpack attacks on giant convoys and once when German Destroyers also engaged the same convoy somehow.

OLtzS Ashikaga.